cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB/$40 new Koodo offer for fall promo users

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A new Koodo offer for 5GB/$40 for the PM $120/12GB fall promo users. 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

Most are saying in store only not online. So if you receive a call try and negotiate for 5GB.

Also people saying it's a medium tab.

267 REPLIES 267

JJThompson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What did you say to get the rep to bump you from the 45/4 to the 40/5 plan? I will switch for sure if i get that offer. I was only sent the text for 45/4, but tried to do the get 40/5 in store yesterday but was unsuccessful (maybe I didn't push hard enough)

torontokris

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

@torontokriswrote:

Good pic... Did you do the Photoshop or find it online

A little of both Smiley Wink Except, I don't have Photoshop. I used Microsoft Paint instead.

Good job

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Watokowrote:

I switched from Koodo --> PM....I wonder if I can just use my old Koodo SIM..

You'll need a new Koodo SIM. SIMs are one-time use only.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I switched from Koodo --> PM....I wonder if I can just use my old Koodo SIM..

PhoneSeeker

@torontokriswrote:

A little of both Smiley Wink Except, I don't have Photoshop. I used Microsoft Paint instead.

torontokris

PhoneSeeker

moving-up-the-value-chain-1

@torontokriswrote:

@dr-etwrote:

has this become a propaganda forum for koodo?

just wondering..

I don't disagree with you that and referral requests. But has pm become a stepping stone for Koodo? 

Wonder_why

I made switch to Koodo 5GB Data $40, plus $50 referral credit,$100 and free SIM ,will missed PM 🤑,at the store no problem,just show PM text messages and PROMO code for 5GB happy to switch,even I have over $30 rewards from PM😃 every 90 days

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

when you have failed  try and try again again

different way of course.

its a war of attrition against PM

torontokris

@dr-etwrote:

just wondering..

I don't disagree with you that and referral requests. But has pm become a stepping stone for Koodo? 

dr-et

just wondering..

themisfit

@geniusatworkwrote:

I folded and ported over to Koodo earlier today. I was previously on the $120/12GB/90 day plan known as the Fall 2016 Promo. Although my plan was down to $32/month with referrals and all the other rewards, I found myself needing more data and the 5GB promo was just want I needed. I wasn't offered the 5GB directly, but the Koodo rep was able to process it for me using the GOKOODO405GBBPO and he said the system didn't give him any problems. I was previously offered the 4GB GOKOODO404GB promo through text, but didn't switch. I received the SIM card for free, a $100 bill credit, and used a $50 referral link in this thread.

It's been an awesome 1.5 years Public Mobile. Sad to see you go.

2018-02-25 Plan.PNG

Here’s another referral link for those looking to switch: 

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/a0Cy8vA-5UYqDPN

PhoneSeeker

I think I have a solution for the text message debacle, the second text message PM sent us last week talks about the Koodo promo, but with no details, pretty generic. I'll just show them that text message, and hope they don't notice.

geniusatwork
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I folded and ported over to Koodo earlier today. I was previously on the $120/12GB/90 day plan known as the Fall 2016 Promo. Although my plan was down to $32/month with referrals and all the other rewards, I found myself needing more data and the 5GB promo was just want I needed. I wasn't offered the 5GB directly, but the Koodo rep was able to process it for me using the GOKOODO405GBBPO and he said the system didn't give him any problems. I was previously offered the 4GB GOKOODO404GB promo through text, but didn't switch. I received the SIM card for free, a $100 bill credit, and used a $50 referral link in this thread.

It's been an awesome 1.5 years Public Mobile. Sad to see you go.

2018-02-25 Plan.PNG

canucks4life

@Korthwrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:
Was hoping to grab some cheap up off eBay but suprisngly Koodo SIM's seem hard to come by...also not sure if it was just BS but a rep told me awhile back there is a difference between prepaid/postpaid SIM cards perhaps they sell preloaded ones?

SIM cards are basically identical and interchangeable - except for differing storage capacities and variants with active NFC/RFID or cryptosecurity circuitry - unless the carrier specifically issues different flavours.

There are Koodo Prepaid SIM cards.  I couldn't find any "Koodo Postpaid SIM cards", although their existence seems implied, lol.

Postpaid SIM cards are below $15 each however unable to find them 3rd party Cat Frustrated

https://www.koodomobile.com/koodo-sim-card

themisfit

If you sign up online you have to buy a Sim card from them when you use the  promo code. Or if you go to Koodo kiosk you were able to buy the post paid Sim cards there. .

@canucks4lifewrote:
Was hoping to grab some cheap up off eBay but suprisngly Koodo SIM's seem hard to come by...also not sure if it was just BS but a rep told me awhile back there is a difference between prepaid/postpaid SIM cards perhaps they sell preloaded ones?

SIM cards are basically identical and interchangeable - except for differing storage capacities and variants with active NFC/RFID or cryptosecurity circuitry - unless the carrier specifically issues different flavours.

There are Koodo Prepaid SIM cards.  I couldn't find any "Koodo Postpaid SIM cards", although their existence seems implied, lol.

themisfit

Here is a link to a website that kid has a screenshot of the Koodo offer For public mobile switchers.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/public-mobile-switcher-koodo-40-5gb/

use referral link for extra $50 credit:  

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/ZVe35z5-5UYqDPN

Garry

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

Apparently, some people actually on the $120/12GB plan are getting refused by the system for the 5GB promo. 

Considering nobody is able to produce a screenshot of the 5GB/$40 offer, it may well be shut down when the weekend quota has been filled.

Anything is possible with these Canadian Telecom Bandits.

canucks4life

@Korthwrote:

@PhoneSeekerwrote:
Giving out free sim cards is discouraged among Koodo reps. Their bosses aren't going to be happy.

Bulk SIM cards cost less than a quarter, although maybe as high as a couple bucks per unit if Telus has to outsource a company to custom print, enumerate, control, and distribute the SIM card batches.

I can understand charging a nominal fee, say 5 bucks, so that people don't just hoard or resell them (as used to happen when PM SIM cards were free), too each never-activated unit is just wasted money.  But charging the consumer an inflated SIM card price - along with activation fees, etc - just to use your product/service is total money grab.  It would be like buying a new car but having to pay the dealer an extra $50 for the ignition key before you can drive it off the lot.

PhoneSeeker

Apparently, some people actually on the $120/12GB plan are getting refused by the system for the 5GB promo. 

@PhoneSeekerwrote:
Giving out free sim cards is discouraged among Koodo reps. Their bosses aren't going to be happy.

Bulk SIM cards cost less than a quarter, although maybe as high as a couple bucks per unit if Telus has to outsource a company to custom print, enumerate, control, and distribute the SIM card batches.

I can understand charging a nominal fee, say 5 bucks, so that people don't just hoard or resell them (as used to happen when PM SIM cards were free), too each never-activated unit is just wasted money.  But charging the consumer an inflated SIM card price - along with activation fees, etc - just to use your product/service is total money grab.  It would be like buying a new car but having to pay the dealer an extra $50 for the ignition key before you can drive it off the lot.

PhoneSeeker

@steven1979wrote:

The koodo reps dont even give me a free sim card, I have to pay for it. it is $15 plus tax.

steven1979

The koodo reps dont even give me a free sim card, I have to pay for it. it is $15 plus tax.

PhoneSeeker

Hopefully, me demonstrating to the Koodo reps that my phone number validates the code on Koodo's website is enough.

Vickel

Processed the switch just now at the mall

Rep knew about the 4GB promo and free sim but not the 5GB, had to call their manager to approve.

It was a great 1.5 years with PM

Hope you guys eventually get an offer you can’t refuse.

See you on the other side 

PS if anyone needs a Koodo referral Message me haha

PhoneSeeker

@torontokriswrote:

Show them the code. If they refuse (even though you were eligible for the 4GB/$40) then tell them your going to another store. A few people were denied went to another store and had no issues

People on other PM plans that received the 4GB/$45 code are making everyone's lives miserable. On other forums, people with the $45 code are going to Koodo locations asking for the 5GB plan even though they don't qualify and many Koodo locations are refusing everyone now after wasting time with a string of unqualified customers.

torontokris

Show them the code. If they refuse (even though you were eligible for the 4GB/$40) then tell them your going to another store. A few people were denied went to another store and had no issues

Korth
Mayor / Maire

You could always pull out your phone and show sales reps relevant websites.

Although this is admittedly problematic if you don't have active phone/data service.

bruor

I called the Pen Centre store here in St Catharines and mentioned the extra gig promo and the guy I was talking to said he did know about it so I'm going to head there and see what I can get, otherwise I'll try online.

For online, do I need to go through the process and select the 65 plan, then enter the promo code and my number to see all the details? 

Need Help? Let's chat.