cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB/$40 new Koodo offer for fall promo users

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A new Koodo offer for 5GB/$40 for the PM $120/12GB fall promo users. 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

Most are saying in store only not online. So if you receive a call try and negotiate for 5GB.

Also people saying it's a medium tab.

267 REPLIES 267

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good news. 🙂

torontokris

@zhadj030wrote:

@Korthwrote:

@

I am not talking about any conspiracy here, I just thought it would be a good idea for PM to make a post saying that there a better new deal out there if you want to switch to koodo nothing else, in case not everyone is aware of it

I agree or text it to everyone but maybe the code was created for reps who are calling to convince us to switch. Like hey can I interest you in 4GB/$40 Koodo? No okay what about 5GB? Like to attract those hold off. 

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@eyoshidawrote:

Will it be possible to purchase a phone on tab medium after signing up for the plan or is the tab medium only available at the time of sign up?

You can. but you won't get any of those nice activation discounts off phones that they have for new customers. You'll essentially be paying full price, but in installments, if you decide to get a tab later. However, sometimes they do have deals for current customers, like the Essential phone for $260.

Wonder_why

@eyoshidawrote:

Will it be possible to purchase a phone on tab medium after signing up for the plan or is the tab medium only available at the time of sign up?

I don't think Tab available but you might get the Tab offer after 2 month with Koodo

torontokris

@zhadj030wrote:

If this becomes 40 dollars for 6GB it will be really a problem for me , I would not be able to resist any longer 

I think a ton of people would willingly move from PM to Koodo for 6GB $40. Hopefully Telus is listening. Let's see how bad they want people off PM. 

@Korthwrote:

@zhadj030wrote:

As usual PM spokesman is not going to say anything about this, so much for "transparency" . Really disappointed 

I don't believe there's any conspiracy there, though.  I honesty suspect the PM people (along with the Koodo people) are motivated to try complying with "higher up" directives as best they can without being given any real information to work with.  Somebody didn't do his/her job well, if at all.

These one-time Koodo offers might be Koodo's own initiative in leveraging a one-time opportunity to claim (retain) business from disaffected PM customers who are already searching for non-PM alternatives.

I would have expected Koodo to hold off for a little while, make their offers without impending deadlines, until some Letter From PM "officially" announces the next wonderful new Koodo offer.

I am not talking about any conspiracy here, I just thought it would be a good idea for PM to make a post saying that there a better new deal out there if you want to switch to koodo nothing else, in case not everyone is aware of it

eyoshida
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Wonder_why Yes I just finished reading the articles minutes ago, (I was just getting my hopes up for a fake deal  Cat Frustrated

All I can do is just dream

@zhadj030wrote:

As usual PM spokesman is not going to say anything about this, so much for "transparency" . Really disappointed 

I don't believe there's any conspiracy there, though.  I honesty suspect the PM people (along with the Koodo people) are motivated to try complying with "higher up" directives as best they can without being given any real information to work with.  Somebody didn't do his/her job well, if at all.

These one-time Koodo offers might be Koodo's own initiative in leveraging a one-time opportunity to claim (retain) business from disaffected PM customers who are already searching for non-PM alternatives.

I would have expected Koodo to hold off for a little while, make their offers without impending deadlines, until some Letter From PM "officially" announces the next wonderful new Koodo offer.

Wonder_why

@zhadj030wrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@zhadj030wrote:

Unless it is 35 dollars for either 5-6 GB then I will just look at it laught and pass on .

That would be nice but doubtful. The telcos want people to spend more not less. Maybe 6GB $45. Least they raised another $5.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but if they are able to provide 60$ for 10 GB why not half it . 35 (sure 40) and 5 (why not 6)GB since we know that within 9 months, the price will rise as well . 

Some people say Koodo never raised the prices before, then PM was the same until they started raising everyone's plans 

@zhadj030 10GB Data might not happen again

Holiday $60/10GB price war not likely to happen again: Analyst The promo price period was "more costly than expected" for industry, writes Barclays analyst By Rose BeharFEB 21, 20182:32 PM EST0 COMMENTS While consumers cherished the $60/10GB promo price war that occurred this past December, Barclays analyst Phillip Huang wrote in a note to clients that he doesn’t believe it will happen again soon. The promo period was “more costly than expected” for industry due to high churn rates and a “repricing of the base” after a significant chunk of customers gained a much lower-than-usual monthly rate. “We believe it is less likely to recur in the foreseeable future,” wrote Huang, in a report on the takeaways from meetings with BCE president and CEO George Cope in Toronto last week. The analyst further stated that for BCE — the parent company of Bell — the wireless growth of Shaw-owned Freedom Mobile is “unlikely to impact any of the major markets to warrant such a costly competitive response.” Recent quarterly earning reports show Bell won the promo face-off, with 175,000 wireless postpaid subscriber additions. Telus, meanwhile, gained 121,000 subscribes and Rogers, the carrier that kicked off the sale, only gained 72,000 due to systems issues. Freedom, the carrier that started it all with its Big Gig plans, has not reported specific numbers but has noted that the promo war led to “record disconnects.” While the promotions may have been effective in that sense, Barclays believes wireless performance for the Big Three over the coming quarters will depend more on their ability to “maintain pricing discipline” as they compete with a strengthening fourth player, rather than Shaw’s actual strategy. In short, the Big Three will do well if they don’t get spooked over a potential threat, while keeping prices at the level they are now. Further dismissing Freedom Mobile’s threat, Huang reports that “Shaw’s ascensions in wireless will likely take longer than Videotron did in Quebec.” This is because Shaw doesn’t benefit from a network sharing agreement with a Big Three player, as Videotron does with Rogers — this means it will take longer to attain service quality. Shaw also must consider potential retaliation to its cable division by Telus, notes Huang, which now has fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) reaching across Shaw’s major markets, which Videotron didn’t initially face at launch. Still, Huang admits that Shaw has a much greater opportunity in wireless in comparison to Videotron, since Freedom covers nearly three times the population in provinces where cell phone bills are much higher than Quebec — Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/02/21/holiday-60-10gb-price-war-not-likely-to-happen-again-analyst/?utm...

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

If this becomes 40 dollars for 6GB it will be really a problem for me , I would not be able to resist any longer 

@will13amwrote:

@zhadj030wrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@zhadj030wrote:

Unless it is 35 dollars for either 5-6 GB then I will just look at it laught and pass on .

That would be nice but doubtful. The telcos want people to spend more not less. Maybe 6GB $45. Least they raised another $5.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but if they are able to provide 60$ for 10 GB why not half it . 35 (sure 40) and 5 (why not 6)GB since we know that within 9 months, the price will rise as well . 

Some people say Koodo never raised the prices before, then PM was the same until they started raising everyone's plans 

Costing doesn't work like that.  There's a cost to administer an account even with no services in it.  The marginal costs go down with increased usage.  The true cost of bandwidth is cheap.

Yes I know, it is just that we are used to pay something in the 35-ish so suddently going to 40+tax is a bit annoying , I could not care whether it is pre-paid or post paid but it would be annoying to have extra charges popping everywhere 

@zhadj030wrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@zhadj030wrote:

Costing doesn't work like that.  There's a cost to administer an account even with no services in it.  The marginal costs go down with increased usage.  The true cost of bandwidth is cheap.

@Korthwrote:

@Garrywrote:

Why don't they just make it easy for everyone? I was going to make the switch out this weekend, and now they have this circus going on. 

I think they would've preferred to make it easy for everyone.  Just transfer the pro-rated account balance over, or at least just transfer the account once current billing cycle ends, easy one-click report-to-the-store sign-paper migration with happy customers who feel they got the same or better deal as before.

But it seems things were poorly planned and implemented.  A botched promo scandal, misinformation, disinformation, lost customers, CCTS complaints, lack of coordination between PM and Koodo ... I suspect they really don't have a strong plan for moving forward, they're just inventing ad-hoc damage control as needed on the fly.

Yeah, I honestly do not even think they have a plan, orders are just flying over with no communication or discussions. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Garrywrote:

Why don't they just make it easy for everyone? I was going to make the switch out this weekend, and now they have this circus going on. 

I think they would've preferred to make it easy for everyone.  Just transfer the pro-rated account balance over, or at least just transfer the account once current billing cycle ends, easy one-click report-to-the-store sign-paper migration with happy customers who feel they got the same or better deal as before.

But it seems things were poorly planned and implemented.  A botched promo scandal, misinformation, disinformation, lost customers, CCTS complaints, lack of coordination between PM and Koodo ... I suspect they really don't have a strong plan for moving forward, they're just inventing ad-hoc damage control as needed on the fly.

@Garrywrote:

Either everyone gets the 5gb/$40 or they don't.............WTF?? Make it simple.

Why do I have to drive 1 hour each way to get a Koodo booth to do what I can do online???

Totally agree.  I could not even get the girl at the kiosk I went to interested in migration offers.  Maybe they don't get enough commission selling processing these.  

@torontokriswrote:

@zhadj030wrote:

@zhadj030wrote:

$40 is an unspoken lower limit for pricing.  If one carrier brings in something lower, it would spark an unwanted race to the bottom.  Offering data that may not even be used costs virtually nothing.

torontokris

@zhadj030wrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@Shutdownwrote:

It sounds like the +1gb is only temporary for 2 years based on canuck post

Did he get it via loyalty or the code? Others posted screen shots of their Koodo account clearly showing 5GB no mention of 4 + 1 at all. My only guess is if you got it via loyalty they gave 1GB for 2 years

Based on screen shots provided by one RFD member who signed up at the Bramalea city center Koodo kiosk, the plan includes 5 gigs, not 4 plus a bonus 1 that could disappear.  This definitely offsets the benefits of 12 gigs over 90 days.  Staying is cheaper, but access to a medium tab could offset the price difference.  Decision, decision.

Garry

Either everyone gets the 5gb/$40 or they don't.............WTF?? Make it simple.

Why do I have to drive 1 hour each way to get a Koodo booth to do what I can do online???

torontokris

@Shutdownwrote:

Did he get it via loyalty or the code? Others posted screen shots of their Koodo account clearly showing 5GB no mention of 4 + 1 at all. My only guess is if you got it via loyalty they gave 1GB for 2 years

Shutdown

ericdvan

@torontokriswrote:

@ericdvanwrote:

I got the call yesterday. Probs gonna switch.

On the call did they offer 4 or 5GB?

At first he reminded me of that the offer was still there and I could switch and when I said I was unsure if I wanted to switch, he said he'd be willing to give me an extra gig making it 5GB if I were to switch.

kevin_camera

Hmmmm as usual, no public announcements on this 😕

Don't need an extra gig but the possibility of getting a tab on a discounted phone is nice.

torontokris

@ericdvanwrote:

On the call did they offer 4 or 5GB?

ericdvan

canucks4life

Trying to call Koodo loyalty now only 7:45am here...must say they actually have pretty decent hold music lol

They gave me a 1GB bonus for 24months...good enough for me really don’t even come close 5GB/month.

Aahan

I had already migrated to the $40/4GB plan. Went in store (Brampton, ON) with the promo code GOKOODO405GBBPO. They were able to change it to the $40/5GB plan. Screenshots below.

Screenshot_20180224-102012.pngScreenshot_20180224-102125.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-24 at 11.05.07 AM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.