cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Re: 5 GB data

@chukdefatey wrote:

@esjliv  I have been on a number of Forums since early 2000, I have never heard off 'SNIPPET'. What does this mean? Can you elaborate?

Hello @chukdefatey 

A portion, or a small piece of something.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv   oh okay, I still don't understand how it's relevant in this situation. Wouldn't it be easier and more understandle in Plain English. Eg. Like saying do you have a screenshot or video of the actual thing in question? Rather then 'SNIPPET' 

I am not saying I am right, I am just saying it's easier to understand

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chukdefatey wrote:

@esjliv   oh okay, I still don't understand how it's relevant in this situation. Wouldn't it be easier and more understandle in Plain English. Eg. Like saying do you have a screenshot or video of the actual thing in question? Rather then 'SNIPPET' 

I am not saying I am right, I am just saying it's easier to understand

@chukdefatey 

LOL, snippet exists in my plain English vocabulary, never thought much of it.

Now that you have asked the question, any others who did not know, will know now too. 🙂 👍

OR, someone could just google it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@chukdefatey   which  province you are at?   I have heard that some user in the Western Canada got some mid-year Data bonus before (PM way in response to Shaw's bonus to their subscriber).  Not sure if you 5GB is about that. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

That is correct, 5 GB. Shaw was giving their internet subscribers a free plan that included unlimited text and calling with Freedom, therefore Telus was trying to plug the exit doors.

296439D6-E714-4888-BBAD-ABA2E7661AE1.jpeg

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

If you have other data in your plan, that has to be used up prior to the extra data being used. ❤

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

In fact nothing is ever free. The rates Shaw charges for their internet plans more than makes up for this so called free unlimited texting and calling plan. The future looks bleak for Shaw customers once Rogers takes over……and for the rest of us with less competition.

“Of course, Rogers has been quick to assure us that Freedom’s prices won’t rise for three years. Which, of course, means that prices will in fact rise the second those three years have passed — just like they did after Bell acquired Manitoba Telecom Services (MTS) in 2017. And the second the deal is signed, the competitive pressure Freedom has placed on Big Three prices will vanish.”

Need Help? Let's chat.