cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 GB data

Terry6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe that I have 5 GB of complimentary data which I have never used.  How can I access this data?  On my "data usage" tab my mobile data is set at 5.8 GB.  I have not been able to access any of this data as yet.  When I try to access my COVID-19 app required at Queen's University, I receive a message indicating that I can only access my "self assessment status" if I have an internet connection.

Thank you.

Terry6

20 REPLIES 20

HI @EarthStar 

the browser has some cache problem.  Try to login again using Incognito/Private/Secret mode, check if it still shows 0.7GB 

@EarthStar wrote:

I have 0.7 GB of data left on my plan. My phone will no longer use the data - saying data is used up. I have 3 GB of data in my rewards but it has not kicked in. How do I resolve that??

Check your phone to ensure you don't have a data limiter set on it @EarthStar . If you do have one set, adjust it or turn it off.

Also, call 611 to check your data balance, this includes any remaining plan or addon data on your account. If it is different then you are probably looking at a cache version of your My Account. Log into it via an incognito tab mode  if that is the case.

@EarthStar- If you're using an Android then do you have a max data setting set?

EarthStar

I have 0.7 GB of data left on my plan. My phone will no longer use the data - saying data is used up. I have 3 GB of data in my rewards but it has not kicked in. How do I resolve that??

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

In fact nothing is ever free. The rates Shaw charges for their internet plans more than makes up for this so called free unlimited texting and calling plan. The future looks bleak for Shaw customers once Rogers takes over……and for the rest of us with less competition.

“Of course, Rogers has been quick to assure us that Freedom’s prices won’t rise for three years. Which, of course, means that prices will in fact rise the second those three years have passed — just like they did after Bell acquired Manitoba Telecom Services (MTS) in 2017. And the second the deal is signed, the competitive pressure Freedom has placed on Big Three prices will vanish.”

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

If you have other data in your plan, that has to be used up prior to the extra data being used. ❤

@hTideGnow 

That is correct, 5 GB. Shaw was giving their internet subscribers a free plan that included unlimited text and calling with Freedom, therefore Telus was trying to plug the exit doors.

296439D6-E714-4888-BBAD-ABA2E7661AE1.jpeg

@chukdefatey   which  province you are at?   I have heard that some user in the Western Canada got some mid-year Data bonus before (PM way in response to Shaw's bonus to their subscriber).  Not sure if you 5GB is about that. 

@chukdefatey wrote:

@esjliv   oh okay, I still don't understand how it's relevant in this situation. Wouldn't it be easier and more understandle in Plain English. Eg. Like saying do you have a screenshot or video of the actual thing in question? Rather then 'SNIPPET' 

I am not saying I am right, I am just saying it's easier to understand

@chukdefatey 

LOL, snippet exists in my plain English vocabulary, never thought much of it.

Now that you have asked the question, any others who did not know, will know now too. 🙂 👍

OR, someone could just google it.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv   oh okay, I still don't understand how it's relevant in this situation. Wouldn't it be easier and more understandle in Plain English. Eg. Like saying do you have a screenshot or video of the actual thing in question? Rather then 'SNIPPET' 

I am not saying I am right, I am just saying it's easier to understand

@chukdefatey wrote:

@esjliv  I have been on a number of Forums since early 2000, I have never heard off 'SNIPPET'. What does this mean? Can you elaborate?

Hello @chukdefatey 

A portion, or a small piece of something.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv  I have been on a number of Forums since early 2000, I have never heard off 'SNIPPET'. What does this mean? Can you elaborate?

Terry6

Customer Service mentioned that these offers were always made by text message.  Unfortunately, I don't have a record of it.  Thanks for weighing in on my questions - much appreciated.

@Terry6 wrote:

Thanks.  The link you included solved my problem.  Here's one more question:  How can I get the 5 GB of free data that I thought I accepted in the past.  It doesn't show up in my account.

Terry 6

Yes, checking with PM Customer Support is the only way to confirm.  They can tell you if it was ever there or when you used them us

where did you get that offer?  was it an instore offer?

Terry6

Thanks.  I just sent a message to Customer Support.

Terry6

@Terry6 wrote:

Thanks.  The link you included solved my problem.  Here's one more question:  How can I get the 5 GB of free data that I thought I accepted in the past.  It doesn't show up in my account.

Terry 6

@Terry6 

What 5GB are you speaking of exactly? Was this a targeted offer you received or something available in your specific are.

Do you have a snippet of the offer?

If terms and conditions were met of an offer, but it was never received, normally people could inquire with Customer Support (CSA)

Methods to contact CSA here:https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator 

Terry6

Terry 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Terry6 wrote:

I believe that I have 5 GB of complimentary data which I have never used.  How can I access this data?  On my "data usage" tab my mobile data is set at 5.8 GB.  I have not been able to access any of this data as yet.  When I try to access my COVID-19 app required at Queen's University, I receive a message indicating that I can only access my "self assessment status" if I have an internet connection.

Thank you.

Terry6

@Terry6 

Are your calling and texting services in/out working fine?

If you followed @JK8 post and still having issues:

• Try toggling into airplane mode, than back again.
  • A RESET of your phone's NETWORK SETTINGS is good to try as well.

If still issues, try your SIM into another compatible phone and see if data works.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Terry6 

To use data make sure cellular data is on and your apn settings are correct:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=Apn

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Terry6  if you login to My Account, there should be 2 parts on the front page:

My Data & Add-ons

My Promotion

Do you see the 5GB promotion in one of those places?

Usually the promotion will kick in whenever the regular monthly usage is used up.  (What plan do you have and how much data you have ?)     If you don't see the 5GB promo anywhere there, that mean it's either never added, or the 5GB already used up

Maybe if you can, please post screenshots of the 2 sections and we can try to  help.

Need Help? Let's chat.