cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 GB bonus?

eajhealy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In the OVERVIEW PAGE, in the My Data & Add-Ons section, it says “ If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.”

I used up my 250 mb of data & add-ons (this is a 250mb from the 15$ package), I have 100 minutes for the phone, AND 5 GB bonus (data?? I don’t know). Is this a 1-time bonus of 5 GB or did I hit the jackpot with 5 GB every month? Because Public is Public, there is no way I can definitely find out if this is every month or a 1-time bonus. SOMEBODY, HELP!!!

19 REPLIES 19

@eajhealy 

Yes, your plan data is used first after it is depleted then your bonus data add-on would be used.

eajhealy

Let's say your normal monthly plan is working. And let's say on day 20, you exhaust your 1G of your data plan. Once you have reached that point, then you should dig into the 5G. Then on the 1st day of the next month, you return to your 1G and the ie: 4.6G remaining of your bonus stay there until you need it again. But you must exhaust your 1G before you can dig into your 4.6 remaining G.

@mzsbt100 

Are you saying tnat once you run out of plan data your data just stops? It doesn't automatically switch to your 5gb data add on? Or have you come close to running out of plan data but have just never needed to tap into it?

eajhealy

Like me, u have to use up your monthly allotted data before it start digging into the 5 G. If the second month comes along, your regular monthly data goes back to 1 G. If you used up your 1 G, you should be digging into your 5 G. For me, I am on my 3rd month and I have 4.8 G left. If you aren't digging into your 5 G, then I don't know why.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mzsbt100 : When you use up your plan data (1gb) then the system will draw from that other data. Or whichever order of even any other data on hand. Then when your plan renews you will go back to using your plan data and the add-ons will step back and wait to be needed again.

mzsbt100
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

In my account it shows 5 GB bonus data. However, I can't able to use that data. In general, I received 1 GB data (500 mb + 500 mb). 5GB data was given one time. however, I can't able to use that. I thought that this data will be automatically used once my 1 gb data will be over. However, its not.

Could you please help me how will I able to use 5 gb bonus data? Thanks you very much for your assistance.

Kind regards

Mos 

@NDesai wrote:

PM gave away Free 5GB + 1000 Mins last year in September to all with $25+ plans and I believe it was 1GB for plans under $25. There was some glitch in the system and they ended up giving 5GB to every one. It was 4GB + 1GB bonus data add-ons to plans with less than $25. May be OP had a different plan at that time.  

BUT, this was the Promo given to residents of BC and Alberta only (or at least phones with Area Codes from BC and Alberta). AND it wasn’t added to our accounts automatically, we had to respond to get it I believe. So if the OP doesn’t know where it came from it is unlikely they responded to a message to receive the gift. Of course it was supposed to be just the 1000 minutes of Canada calling for people on the $15 plan and 5 GB of data for people on all other plans. In the end we all got both freebies. SO maybe that IS the answer to why the OP has no idea where the 5GB came from.

All in all, if it shows online and if the 250 MB is consumed and data begins to come from the 5GB all is good. BUT, it IS a one time bonus that will slowly be used up whenever your 250 MB doesn’t get you through to your next plan renewal date. SO use it wisely, it will help you get by on the very inexpensive $15 plan (same as me).

AE_Collector

eajhealy

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

I needed that, really.

@eajhealy 

If you are having trouble submitting ticket via Simon, then you can directly private message moderator team.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It is just a one time 5GB data add on.  Unused data will roll over to next month.  Very unlikely a reoccurring 5GB data (ie monthly).  

eajhealy

I thought we couldn't get to PM, EVER. If it is not SIMone, how can you get to someone from the actual service team? 

eajhealy

I thought we couldn't get to PM, EVER. If it is not SIMone, how can you get to someone from the actual team? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@eajhealy wrote:

In the OVERVIEW PAGE, in the My Data & Add-Ons section, it says “ If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.”

I used up my 250 mb of data & add-ons (this is a 250mb from the 15$ package),

I have 100 minutes for the phone, AND 5 GB bonus (data?? I don’t know).

Is this a 1-time bonus of 5 GB or did I hit the jackpot with 5 GB every month?

Because Public is Public, there is no way I can definitely find out if this is every month or a 1-time bonus. SOMEBODY, HELP!!!

@eajhealy ,

Curious, when did you activate your Plan? And which plan did you activate?

The 5GB addon will stay on your account until used up. And it will only kick in if you use your 250mb plan minutes within your current cycle. You could have that 5GB for a long time if you are a low data user.

If you are an Android user try downloading the Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use it, and it works great to track your live data usage during your cycle.

If you are Apple, I am sure there is an app that can track data by 30 day cycles as well.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

PM gave away Free 5GB + 1000 Mins last year in September to all with $25+ plans and I believe it was 1GB for plans under $25. There was some glitch in the system and they ended up giving 5GB to every one. It was 4GB + 1GB bonus data add-ons to plans with less than $25. May be OP had a different plan at that time.  

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@eajhealy you lucky ducky you!  Enjoy the freebie.  Maybe buy a lottery ticket... this could be your lucky day.

Have a wonderful weekend

RosieR

mikalexia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe inquire it with Public Mobile support? It could be a glitch in the system, or like you said, maybe you did hit the jackpot! But like the other person said, say nothing more.

If it still stays in the back of your mind I'd say ask someone from the actual service team.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@eajhealy 

Here's what I would do. 

Say nothing more - don't bring attention to it.  The 5GB bonus was only on $25 & up activations. 

Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@eajhealy If you have the plan with 250MB, there is no way that 5GB is included in your plan. It must be a one time 5GB bonus you got from a promo or PM offered it to everyone as a nice gesture. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eajhealy : When did you activate? The 5gb bonus will be one-time. But I had thought it was only for $25 and up plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.