cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Promo renews in 2 weeks.......

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is PM ready for the onslaught of Promo renewals starting Jan 25th????

Have you tested the renewal system with the promo being expired?

If not, I would suggest getting the system in order now. Nobody wants to wait in cue!!!!!!

This is your 2 weeks notice! LOL

20 REPLIES 20

RLBL
My only concern is that the amount showing for my next renewal is wrong. I have 2 referrals which means 6 dollars off the 90 days, but the system shows more than that.

I fear that I may get credit card might get charged less than what I owe and my account ends up underfunded.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mine is on a scheduled plan change in 2 weeks as well, and i'm not holding my breath.   Most likely will have to message a mod to have it manually changed.

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No, it is expired.

mikga
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

$40/4GB Promo  - is this promo still on for new activation or not? Can anyone tell me?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

In my case, I bought some Canadian Tire gift cards at discount, which I'll be using to buy PM vouchers to top up my account prior to renewal.  I'm already on autopay with a credit card, but hey, If I can get a further discount, why not?  Smiley Happy

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Mine will renew in a month so I will sit,     relax,    and listen to other people complaining about the bugs.

Holding my hand on my heart, and hoping all works well

TheOldVR

Not really concerned about the renewal, one would think that a renewal should just work as long as a valid payment method is in place.

The only thing that might add a wrinkle would be the credits earned for pre-auth payment, referrals, etc.

Hope to see all green lights :).

VR

Chicklets

@Jonavin I'm quite sure that there won't be any problems but to prepay my balance,  gives me a little piece of mind.

Jonavin

@Chicklets how do you know that particular situation is what causes problems ?

I'm sure most will be fine. I've gone through a few rounds already and even had plan change in a previosu one that went fine. It was this last Fall Promo change that cause problems. I am sure that's fixed now.

Chicklets

I'm on auto renewal but I manually added the funds yesterday but left auto renewal active. One less reason for a problem occurring. 

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is there an official PM thread for this Jan 25th promo?

Nevermind I misread just trolling auto renewals from Nov 20 promo I guess let's hope these back-to-back system maintenance outages do the trick.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have no fingers crossed and no worries of an impending calamity.  Sure the software bugs combined with an onslaught of activations during the promotion created pure chaos.  Renewal is normally occuring thing that happens every day.  We don't see a ton of daily complaints about broken renewals, just the odd one here and there. 

In the event that something does go wrong, I am going to remain calm as I have instructed others to do.  I know how to use the private messaging system.  I have confidence in the people following up on these private messages.  The glass is at least half full.  Man Happy

LOL unfortunately theres noone close enough to stop you this year!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated

@CaNuCk07 Ohh ya, we ll go all the way.....

Another interesting news is that our Bo is going to All Star 🙂

@NDesai  At least it keeps your life interesting!

More interesting than watching those patriots......

It will be fine as long as you have valid payment attached. 

I just hope that no one freaks out when they see expired status on the day of renewal (This is a normal behaviour).

@ute1978 wrote:

Fingers crossed from here.

@Ludditedon't scare me.

I have a plan switch from a grandfathered plan to the new $40/4GB promo coming up on January 23rd. Curious if everything will go through smoothly.

Biggest potential issue is loss of phone service. This seems to occur more frequently when the new plan is LESS expensive than the old one. In the other direction, one sometimes gets money taken for the new plan but the old plan is activated. In my time here, Public Mobile has fixed every issue.

On the other hand, it's always best to be prepared. I(gnore the bits that don't apply.) Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ute1978

Fingers crossed from here.

@Ludditedon't scare me.

I have a plan switch from a grandfathered plan to the new $40/4GB promo coming up on January 23rd. Curious if everything will go through smoothly.

I'm on an older plan and 5 autopay renwals have been error free. Plan changes in combination with autopay seem more bug prone.

My observations: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Lol my fingers crossed!

haven't touched anything oin my account since so hoping it goes smoothly!

Need Help? Let's chat.