cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Koodo Offer

Thanks for helping us get more details on the Koodo offer.

As an FYI I have read that if call forwarding (& no answer etc) are important to you they are an extra $3 (i.e. an extra feature).

Q: Also if anyone could help with the TAB aspect, the ability to get a phone would be a feature that we don't have at PM.

From what I've read the main features: $100 (possibly more with referral), 4G/mo, unlimited calling Canada wide, same network, $40/mo. voicemail/ call display.  Items one is giving up: 90 day averaging for data (no one else has that), pre-paid aspect, loyalty credits (although the $10 increase put a big dent in those). 

tzliu

Re: FIDO vs Koodo

@will13amwrote:

If people are happy with a 2 gig plan and Canada wide minutes, there is a $36 option that expires at the end of February.  Send me a PM and we can discuss offline.  I am trying honor the star on my Avatar by not turning this forum into a shopping forum. 

Thanks, my two plans expire April 1 - not keen on forfeitng any money paid. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: $40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

@lishuqinwrote:

Well, is that a way to kick me out from 2016 fall promotion? How the Koodo assure my $40/month 120GB plan in the future? since they didn't make any promise like PM did one year ago. Also my autopay and loyalty save me $9 per 3 months, and will Koodo keep this discount as well? 

Depends on how this ends up, I may fill a complaint to the CCTS.  

@lishuqinNo, Koodo doesn't have autopay or loyalty rewards. So if you switch to Koodo all those rewards and add ons any account balance in your PM account will be forfeited.

Re: Featured announcement- regarding the Public Mobile increase and Koodo terms summarized

@sbreakinwrote:

Gosh, you've saved someone a lot of work (normally the recent announcements would be Brooke but as you say they may want a generic PM or higher level announcement. 

Now the only thing for them to add is a bit more about the Koodo offer to clarify that a bit & a bit more detail on a 3G speed & LTE plan that is comparable.  

Perhaps, I should sell the right to use parts of it in return for a $10 discount every 30 days.  Lol.

mike390
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Forced $10 price increase... SOLUTION

WOW... Just recieved a call from a Koodo store in my area asking me if im going to switch over soon. Are you **bleep**ing serious?! Way to piss people off even more. Id rather pay more with anyone else than any Telus owned company at this point.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Koodo Offer

@sbreakinwrote:

Thanks for helping us get more details on the Koodo offer.

As an FYI I have read that if call forwarding (& no answer etc) are important to you they are an extra $3 (i.e. an extra feature).

Q: Also if anyone could help with the TAB aspect, the ability to get a phone would be a feature that we don't have at PM.

From what I've read the main features: $100 (possibly more with referral), 4G/mo, unlimited calling Canada wide, same network, $40/mo. voicemail/ call display.  Items one is giving up: 90 day averaging for data (no one else has that), pre-paid aspect, loyalty credits (although the $10 increase put a big dent in those). 

For the tab question, I did get this in a private message from a moderator:

"You may qualify for a $0 phone on a Tab. This will be determined after a credit check"

Hope that helps!

mimmo
Oracle

Re: FIDO vs Koodo

@will13am are you referring to the Flash's enemy Zoom by chance?  Do they still offer 4gb loyalty after several months?   

DanteK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Public Mobile,

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus my rewards that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo. 

Per your own promotional material and answers to customers:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". Link to website to this quote: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/77350

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further regarding my two affected plans. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic.

Thank you,

DanteK

Civic_E

The loophole that PM will/may use to increase price

There is period of time where your account goes into "suspended" mode just before next billing cycle starts. Within this time frame your account is technically not active! Hence they have the right to increase your rate plan before next billing period starts. Even if you have autopay setup your account is designed to trigger that it is "suspended state" so it needs to charge your credit card. Just like a Pestro cards ...if your balance goes below $5 it will automatically charge your credit, if it is setup. If you don't have auto pay your account will go from suspended to inactive!

As a customer we don't notice these time frame (especially if you have autopay) because during that period your phone service remains normal! Compare it to a post-paid account where is bill is past due but you are able to use it for a certain period of time.

This is just a hypothesis. I may be wrong.

parlaminty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Public Mobile,

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus my rewards that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo. 

Per your own promotional material and answers to customers:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". Link to website to this quote: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/77350

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further regarding my two affected plans. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic.

Thank you,

SalP

Need Help? Let's chat.