cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: $10 rate change timing

@Charanth182, that is why Koodo has offered the $100 bill credit to compensate you for any prepaid time that you will not use.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Koodo offer

Are you people blind. The Koodo offer is unlimited Canada calling anytime. The terms you see are referring to other non unlimited plans based on the number being referenced. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: $10 rate change timing

@Charanth182 not only you will be upset,the whole peeps with Promo 12GB Data for 90 days , yes you been rape from behind with no vasoline 😉

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Adding to the Formal Complaint list

Public Mobile,

I activated 2 lines for myself and my wife with Public Mobile in 2016 under the Fall promotion: 3 months for $120, 12GBs of data, and 200 minutes of US and Canada long distance. I received a text message on Feb 15, 2018 informing me my rate would be increased by $30 for each 3 month period. After accounting for the discounts I've accrued with Public Mobile, this amounts to a 27% price increase.

This is a direct contradiction of material representations made by your staff to induce prospective customers into moving from our previous cellular providers and purchasing your services. Here is an example of one such representation made by Brooke_C, a Public Mobile representative:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

Source: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

This makes the representation false or misleading under the Competition Act.

If the cost of my plan increases, I will file a complaint with the Competition Bureau for your contravention of the Competition Act. If I do not receive a response within 5 calendar days explicitly stating that my plan's price will not increase, I will file a complaint with the Competition Bureau for your contravention of the Competition Act.

Further, the text I received offered me a seemingly equivalent plan if I move to Koodo. Here are the problems with such an offer:

1. I just paid for 3 months of service on February 12th, 2018. I received the text in question on February 15th. The offer to move to Koodo expires March 15th, 2018. If I take advantage of the offer, I forfeit 2 months worth of prepaid service with Public Mobile - equivalent to roughly $74.
  2. I forfeit the discounts I have accrued with Public Mobile - equivalent to $9 every 3 months.
  3. I forfeit the acrrual of long-distance minutes that I have.
  4. The plan does not include US long-distance.
  5. There is no mention if any of the additional services I currently receive are included in this offer e.g. Caller ID, Voicemail.
  6. 4GBs of data per month is not as flexible compared to 12 GBs of data every 3 months.
  7. I am not being given any assurance that the plan's cost will not change in the future.

Therefore, I must conclude that this is not a fair or equivalent offer, even after the $100 credit being offered.

If the cost of my plan increases, I will file a complaint with the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services. If I do not receive a response within 5 calendar days explicitly stating that my plan's price will not increase, I will file a complaint with the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services.

Please respond as soon as possible. I wish to resolve this matter in an amicable and timely fashion.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Koodo offer

The solution to this post is not accurate 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Formal Complaint

Dear Public Mobile,

This is a formal attempt to resolve a complaint with regard to the $10/month price increase, as was sent to me via a text from "5133" on February 15, 2018. 

Increasing this price for this plan is against the original comments on forums made by Public Mobile employees stating that "If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. " (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

Please contact me directly via Phone or Email to resolve this issue. Please be advised I will attempt to pursue resolution of this complaint via the CCTS and the Better Business Bureau shortly if I do not hear back within 24 hours.

Thank you,

Eugene

Formal complaint about price increase

This price increase of $30/90days is inconsistent and not what was promised when the advertisement indicated the following "If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". Link to your website stating this quote: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... mited-time...

This move is classic "bait and switch". Your Koodo offer is not comparable (Prepay vs post pay, no discounts) and clearly a move designed to incresase telus profits now sufficient time has elapsed since you have removed the old PM as a competitor. I do not accept this unilateral braech of the promises made. Unless you reinstate the plan rate and terms per your original offer I will pursue my complaint with the CCTS. Should that not be sucessful I guarantee my busines with Telus will move to a competitor (and if Freedom Mobile have any sense they will cease upon this opportunity to win PM subscribers.)  I really do not want to do business with a dishonest supplier.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: $40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus my rewards that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

Per your own promotional material and answers to customers:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". Link to website to this quote: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/77350

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and I will proceed to file a complaint to the CCTS.

Anthony

Re: Formal complaint about price increase

It's also fraud and false advertising.

Not to mention anti-competitive by trying to force people to a different company on the same network...

Oracle

Re: Adding to the Formal Complaint list

@lazardus Unfortunately filing a complaint is your only recourse, but I understand there will no action until your plan renews in 90 days at the higher price. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Need Help? Let's chat.