cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

You know this time of the year has historically had the worst pricing on plans & hardware

Most deals do not start until July-ish

Again shows Telus planned this 

Bjord

I wanted to make sure to voice my concerns here regarding this blatant misadvertisement of the plans we signed up for. "No surprises" my ass.

I've been happy with the service I have received until yesterday when I received a text informing me that the price of my service is increasing a full 20%. Oh, but don't worry, you can switch to Koodo for the same price and it's the same deal! Except it isn't, its $2 more expensive per month considering the autopay credit, requires a contract, no 3 month data roll over, etc.

Telus is obviously trying to strong arm people into this move and are pretending it's a better deal when it's clearly not. I've submitted a CCTS complaint and I hope everyone else does as well.

Please don't treat your customers like this, PM. Let us keep the deal we agreed to.

Thanks.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001c Yup. I thought the same thing. 

@mtfolks wow...

@will13am yup noted you were correct I reworded again

mtfolks

Agreed. Hopefully the competitors smell blood in the water and offer something similar to get disgruntled PM customers to switch. I’ve got four lines ready to go. Hope it’s sooner rather than later. 

@kav2001cwrote:

@will13am for now I left potentially since in the terms of service they say they can transfer up to a couple hundred across

Until I hear otherwise or terms change again Cat Frustrated

They DID transfer all the Legacy Pioneer plans credit balances

Although you just reminded me about add-ons so #8 is up there

@kav2001c, I read about the transfers.  I sought clarification today so that I can make an informed decision.  I was told absolutely not.  I pleaded and it was still told NO.  The response was really hurtful.  It is not like we are taking the money and running.  It would go over to a sister company, akin to moving the wallet from the left pocket over to the right pocket in the same pair of pants.  I just don't understand the mind set here. 

mdobre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mdobrewrote:

@curiousperuserwrote:

Can anyone confirm that details of Koodo's Canada Wide Calling?

Is it only an evening weekends offer?

I primarily use my phone for local calling during weekdays - so it seems like switching to Koodo won't work well for me?

With Koodo's Canada Wide Calling, you can call from anywhere in Canada to any Canadian #. It count's toward your plan minutes - in this case, unlimited mins.

I used to have that with Koodo before they started being **bleep**'s nickel & dimeing me, & switched to PM. 

What the f?   I can't type pricks?

I went to the doctor and he pricked me with a needle.

"It's just a little **bleep**" he said.

Artemis567

@ute1978wrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

This is a message for all the clients posting random and pointless messages to the moderators.

With all the tagging the mailbox from the mods gets swamped and real account problems cannot be solved in a timely manner. There are still happy customers out there who are not on this promo and did not get the "break up text".

Too bad.  Scammed me after only 7 months, boohoo @CS_Agent

@mimmo the competitors already raised the $40 for 4GB plans (eg Fido is now $45)

Koodo (so far) is only game in town

mtfolks

Mary confirmed in another thread that the $100 credit was to offset any balances. She confirmed definitively that there would be no balance transfers. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/I-just-paid-for-the-next-three-month-plan...

@ute1978 yeah no kidding

Remember the time these jokers all signed up? Now just as bad as they all leave

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This would be a prime opportunity for non Telus brands to gain a customer base. I hope you guys are watching.

I see no point to sticking with any Telus brand. I moved here because virgin pulled a similar thing to me.

In fact i hope(wouldn't it be nice) if  fido will offer pm customers the upgrade plan they offered to chatr customers. Would switch in a hrartbeat.

Going to wait till last possible moment, will see how many referrals I lose and then decide.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001cwrote:

This is a message for all the clients posting random and pointless messages to the moderators.

With all the tagging the mailbox from the mods gets swamped and real account problems cannot be solved in a timely manner. There are still happy customers out there who are not on this promo and did not get the "break up text".

@will13am for now I left potentially since in the terms of service they say they can transfer up to a couple hundred across

Until I hear otherwise or terms change again Cat Frustrated

They DID transfer all the Legacy Pioneer plans credit balances

Although you just reminded me about add-ons so #8 is up there

@kav2001cwrote:

@will13am noted & done

@kav2001c, I suggest stronger wording than potentially.  I was told definitely.  Under different circumstances I can take that for an answer.  When they offer a migration windows that doesn't even allow customers to burn down their 90 days of paid usage, it is totally disrespectful.  I feel like I am standing in a long line up for my turn to go into the wood shed. 

hassantq

This is bait and switch.

Please let me keep my plan the same as i have honored my side of the agreement otherwise i will file a complaint with the ccts. 

mtfolks

Yeah waiting until days after people renewed is super sleazy behaviour. I’m not affected but I’ll be shopping around. Only a matter of time before the rest of us get squeezed for more money. 

Hard to to say we didn’t all kind of think something like this might happen based on the changes we’ve seen over the past several months. Still disappointing tho. 

WRXFiles

@Moderator_Team
This is a message for a moderator, to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120, along with any applicable My Rewards bonus. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Public Mobile stated in the plan that i purchused

If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. "

Thank you.

Ku214

This is a message for a moderator, to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Thank you.

I would like a pony.

My chances of getting said pony are about as good as you guys keeping your $120 price point but here is hoping for luck!

Cat Very Happy

Please no surprises, I do not want an alien pony who will try to eat me.

Thank you,

AaronR

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Thank you.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Trooper93 no problem, I always seem to stand up for anyone that is getting unfairly accused of something whether its the bully at the back of the class not doing anything wrong at that moment or if its the person the bully is picking on at that moment.

The way I read the fine print of the contract we have here its clear to me that pm is well within their rights to change their rate plan. They gave 30 days notice and honored all their other statements in a legal way. And like someone else said somewhere on here telus has expensive lawyers....... you don't think this rate plan hike was scrutinized by them first?

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CS_Agent

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120, along with any applicable My Rewards bonus. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Public Mobile stated in the plan that i purchused

If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. "

Thank you.

Kenny21

Thank you.

@will13am noted & done

@kav2001c, add the following item 7 to your very comprehensive list.

7.  Those with account funds like myself are going to lose everything.  OUCH!  You would think the company that refers to themselves as friendly would offer some goodwill and let customers take the funds with them to a sister company.

Artemis567

@ute1978 @@@The 120/12gb plan was absolutely offered in 2017, I signed up for it myself then

And yes I got the text message as well.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Artemis567wrote:

I've only had this plan for 7 months...signed up in July 2017.

@Artemis567Did you get a text message as well? I am wondering, as the $120/12GB promo was not offered in 2017 anymore.

Trooper93

@lukevader

Buddy you are not helping the case here. It still hasn't been clear as to who is right, the company or the customers. The way you are championing the arguments, make it seem like you are with the company, while 1000s of customers are lying about how they felt seeing the promo. Hence, the anger on you too. lol

Lat

This is a message is to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

Need Help? Let's chat.