cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

Artemis567
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've only had this plan for 7 months...signed up in July 2017.

Wtf kind of bait and switch is it to get me to give up a plan I had for 4 years at Freedom Mobile and then only give me 3 billing cycles before hiking the price 25% after every assurance it would not change.

This is Fraud with a capital F.

Everyone here should be complaining to the competition bureau.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Trooper93 what the heck are you talking about? I voted with my wallet. I left pm. I didn't like the rates so I left but I'm not about to make up false claims that they owe me this rate forever like you guys are claiming.

Trooper93

@will13am

Yes I understand your point too and I am 100% with you on this, but this post was just sowing my viewpoint.

texwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CS_Agent

This is a message for a moderator, to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120, along with any applicable My Rewards bonus. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Public Mobile stated in the plan that i purchused

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. "

Thank you.

@Trooper93, your arithmetic only works if you just renewed your 90 day plan the same day you decided to leave to Koodo.  That's not likely the case.  Your losses are likely much less than $35. 

For someone like me, I have a lot more at stake.  I stand to lose all my referrals and I have account funds that are going to disappear if I choose to leave.

Trooper93

@lukevader

If you think about it, Canadians are always taken for granted by these telecoms, and its because of people like you @lukevader (sorry to say this). Because you just accept the way it is and don't stand up against injustice. There are so many other countries who have better plans with amazing network and that too at a much cheaper rates!

lukevader

@amallyawrote:

@lukevaderwrote:

@KingCreolewrote:

Basic contract law, 101: 1. Offer, 2. acceptance, 3. consideration. 

1. Their offer:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

2. I accepted (by signing up for the plan)

3. I paid (consideration)

How about basic contact 101 amendment A?

They reserve the right to change the plan AND THEY DID!! Get over it.

Basic PR 101.

Don't FECK your loyal customers in the bunghole.

Basic PR 102

Don't hire incompetent shillbots.

Basic common sense 000: People reserve the right to bargain for a better deal.Get over it, shillbot loser.

Don't you have some chocolate to eat somewhere?

AaronR

It would be such poetic justice of one of the other carriers offered a similar plan to entice customers to switch.  I would be all over it!

lukevader

@ShawnC13wrote:

@lukevader, totally agree but their ToS States that any pricing change comes into effect 30 days after being posted on the publicmobile.ca/plans page if this plan doesn't exist how can this happen.  SO with the ToS I agreed to and so did everyone else we have 30 days from when this price change is posted on the plan page

Yes, I'm hearing what you are saying Shawn, but is it possible that the texts they are sending out to people giving them 30 days notice of the rate going up is a legal equivelant of notifying clients of the rate increase because the plan does not exist anymore?

amallya

@lukevaderwrote:

@KingCreolewrote:

1. Their offer:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

Basic PR 101.

Don't FECK your loyal customers in the bunghole.

Basic PR 102

Don't hire incompetent shillbots.

Basic common sense 000: People reserve the right to bargain for a better deal.Get over it, shillbot loser.

Trooper93

@Mary_M @Shazia_K

To be honest I feel cheated with this rice increase. I joined PM form WInd because of this advertisement  and now I don't think I am getting what I was promised. You cleaverly chose to hit this on our face after you renewed our plan. So my question is, will I get a refund if I choose to discountinue the service and switch to Koodo? If not, then please suggest an alternate method to keep my current plan as promised. Because I am clearly getting the end of the stick here, because if I choose to end my plan after a months use, the following math will make it more clear:

$40 (month you rightfully used) + $100 (you get for switching) - $120/90 days = $20.

$20 profit I receive for signing up to koodo. But guess what, to sign up for koodo, I'll have to pay that $40 month plan fee, so $20 - $40 and now I have lost that $20 profit. Plus koodo chardes $15 for sim card. Hence I am at a total loss of -$20-$15= -$35!

This in no way is helping us customers.

So please keep you original plan as is, or please provide alternate way to tackle this issue.

P.S. Am sorry to say, I am compelled to report to CCTS for this false advirtisement. 

lukevader

@KingCreolewrote:

1. Their offer:

amallya

@lukevaderwrote:

@amallyawrote:

Well folks, looks like we have a class-A lawyer amongst us. Remember people this guy is apparently a regular PM customer like us, and is doing all this postive PR for PM for FREE.

How wrong you are as usual antifa. Yes I was a pm customer, 3 phone lines but I went to bells 10GB/$60 plan but you don't see me promoting it.

I like chocolates. But you don't see me promoting it.

lukevader

@amallyawrote:

Well folks, looks like we have a class-A lawyer amongst us. Remember people this guy is apparently a regular PM customer like us, and is doing all this postive PR for PM for FREE.

How wrong you are as usual antifa. Yes I was a pm customer, 3 phone lines but I went to bells 10GB/$60 plan but you don't see me promoting it.

amallya

PM and Telus can get FECKED. Tell your bosses.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechuckerI too cooled down from this mornings shock. I will probably do exactly the same. I am glad I am not the only one considering to stay.

lukevader

@Trooper93wrote:

That's not just my opinion, its everybody's! Why do you think people are fuming over it.

Its not everyones opinion, nice try. People are fuming over it cause your precious wallets are getting another $10 month pulled out of it. PERIOD!!! Have fun taking this to CCTS or whatever the heck they are called. I guarantee you, you will lose this battle unless pm changes their mind voluntarily. 

amallya

@AaronRwrote:

Regardless it is poor business to anger customers.  

Yes. That's all it is for me.

A company that makes 1.5 billion in profits every year can't afford to grandfather in what is at most a few thousand customers, who have recommended the business to others and brought in new customers for a basically unknown discount brand carrier. Telus is FECKED. I've been with Telus since 2011, now they've lost my business forever. 

They should have just shut down operations at this garbage brand, and I'd have been disappointed, not angry. Whoever came up with this "plan" at Telus HQ needs to be fired.

KingCreole

@lukevaderwrote:

@KingCreolewrote:

I will submit a complaint too. This is blatant false advertising, bait-and-switch, and breach of contract. 

What contract???????? Ok maybe you have a case of contract until your 90 days expire but after that theres no implied contract. You have to renew on the updated rates.

1. Their offer:

AaronR

I am highly umimpressed with what Publicmobile has done.  I have recomeneded them to mutlitple people.  The TOS seems to be in conflict with their original ad although there seems to be some debate as to interpretation of the ad.   Regardless it is poor business to anger customers.  Publicmobile is trying to move people to Koodo but if this is their plan than it will fail with me.  I will look and wait for the next good plan the comes from a competitor that isn't associated with Telus.  Instead of an "upgrade" it will be an outright lost customer.  I hope others follow suit.

Frankly, my next cycle renews March 12th.  So I will renew my current Fall Promo 2016 plan at the $120 price, and have my next 90 days at the current rate, as the cost will not change until after March 20th.  I will not be leaving Public Mobile, as I do not want postpaid, I do not want Canadawide talk, and I can’t pass a credit check anyways at this time.

after I renew, I may change to down grade, as right now, I do not use my entire data allowance (approaching 6 GB with less than 30 days to go).  I did binge in this cycle, using 2 GB on a single day purposely.

I am either going to drop to 6 GB on 4G, or do the 12 GB on 3G, as they are both priced at $135 for 90 days.  Will Public Mobile change the in market pricing during that 90 day period, I don’t know.  If they do, I will have to decide again.

At this moment, I still access to the Promo until sometime in June.  I’m fortunate in this respect....  if I was comfortable with the offer to switch to Koodo, I could change within the March 15 deadline.... I just don’t see that as a good option for me.

@ute1978 I am strongly betting the rewards are next to go

They have too many refers that have reduced ARPU too far

amallya

@lukevaderwrote:

@Trooper93wrote:

Yes you could be right, but it also means that up until I am an active member, doesn't matter if its for a year, 2 years or even more.

I think thats your interpretation though. The comma in that sentence 

telusmeme4.png

Stanleyt

@CS_Agent

I would like to speak with a representative of Public Mobile about this proposed gigantic price hike. As I understand it, I'm being told to switch providers or face an price increase of $40 to $50/mo. (I'm on a 12GB/120 day plan currently billed at $40/mo but am paying less after rewards). Switching providers is not an option for me right now. I can not afford a hit on my credit score (credit check) that will result from a post paid plan. I will also have to pay an additional fee for a new SIM card, probably pay an activation fee, and take time off work to go to a Koodo (or another provider that will not eventually scam me again).

This staggering price hike seems patently unreasonable to me, and I'd like to discuss it. Per legislation and CRTC/CCTS requirements I am initiating this as an attempt at open dialog with you, my service provider to amicably and simply resolve this issue. I am just not sure if the complaint should be made to Telus or Public Mobile, since Telus is the parent company and they would probably care more about their reputation/brand and I will more likely get a response. In order to get a response should I complain about Telus or Public Mobile, or both to the CRTC/CCTS.

As there is no other way to contact Public Mobile other than using this forum. If you do not respond within 48 hours in this thread, or shadowban me (in my reasonable estimation), or delete this post, I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and proceed with a complaint to the CCTS and then the CRTC.

I loved Public Mobile and persuaded people to sign up. I strongly feel mislead by Public Mobile, when I signed up for this plan I truly believed that I was signing up for a plan that would not hike the price of the plan unexpectedly and unreasonably like other service providers. I have put my reputation on the line when I referred this plan to my friends and colleagues. No I have lost credibility. Additionally, I left a good plan to sign up for this one. Suffice to say that trust has been badly damaged. I would like very much to resolve this.

(Thank you, @HolmesIV and @Happydude666 for the inspiration for this posts. Hope you don't mind me using your language.)

mdobre

@Maranwrote:

If Koodo offer 5 GB data for PM customer's is ok.

I will say no.

I think more resonable would be to offer the 4 GB for $35/month.

Let's be honest, everyone would have signup for the $2 auto pay discount, bringing the real starting cost of the plan to $38/30days.

+ with 5 years loyalty the cost would drop to $33/30days (which I was looking forward to one day reaching), not taking into consideration and possible referral credits.

I think $35/month is a happy/acceptible medium for the average person.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@amallyawrote:

@RobertQcwrote:

The plan I am on with public mobile gives me exactly what I want otherwise I wouldn't be on it, I see no reason to switch / change to any other plan or company.

Corporate shillbot detected.

Not all existing customers are getting the "break up text". There are still the right plans available for the right people.

kenchar

I switched two lines to your service because of the offer of 12GB for 90 days for $120.00

At the time I ported my number and set up my accounts your firm stated that:

"As long as you are an active customer on this plan, your price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises".

I am requesting that you honour your statments and keep my plan as advertised.

I am also requesting that you contact me within 24 hours to review and resolve this issue.

I understand that you may think that your offer to move my accounts to Koodo are acceptable and provide the same service for the same price but that is not the case.  Koodo is 4GB per month and not 12GB per 90 Days.  Koodo does not offer the effective rollover of unused data that you do per 90 day period.  Also, the Koodo rates for US roaming are a great deal more expensive than the Public Mobile offers.  Finally, why should I have to pay for a new SIM card?

Please consider this a formal request to discuss this matter and to resolve it.  Should you insist on breaking your word I will be forced to file a CCTS complaint.

lukevader

@amallyawrote:

This idiot doesn't even get paid.

He does it for free.

Some people are so pathetic.

No, your just a typical leftist antifa member who is upset that someone has called you out on your bull crap fido plan and credit card your pushing here. And as usual you resort to name calling and bullying to get your way.

Trooper93

@lukevader

That's not just my opinion, its everybody's! Why do you think people are fuming over it.

KingCreole

Need Help? Let's chat.