cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

Curious... has anyone NOT got the text message yet? I still haven't, but 2 of my friends already did.

You will within a next couple of days. If you don't, consider yourself a lucky one becasue words say that you are not effected if you don't get the text. 

remik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@giphy.gif

Great job, public! 

kbue

Hi @CS_Agent,

To cite PM's official statement:

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Like many others, I am unhappy about the recent price change for my plan. Though a plan with Koodo was offered, after keeping up with community discussions I understand that it is both more expensive and inferior to my current plan—even without rewards involved. From a personal standpoint, Koodo requiring credit checks is prejudiced. I did not want to sign up for Koodo. I chose to sign up for Public Mobile, enticed by their promise of rewarding loyalty.

I recently paid Public Mobile for my next 3 months of service with no knowledge of this increase. Switching to Koodo means I lose this money. This is unethical. The timing of this change, considering many affected customers signed up during the same timeframe (Fall Promo), means may customers are in similar situations. Public Mobile is taking away our promised service, our money, and not issuing refunds. 

Please consider this message a formal complaint against Public Mobile and your practices. If you do not contact me with a proposed resolution within 24 hours, I will escalate my complaint to the CCTS. Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

dZilla

So how does this work? 

They can write two things in that contradict each other???

No surpises, oh and we reserve the right to change our prices.

2018-02-15.png

File the complaint people!!!

@alohaya I have moved many topics into this topic that contains alot of helpful posts with more details. If you have been following, i suggest you to add some info to your main post. 

89alucas

I still haven't gotten it... still debating if it's worth it to just pay more and go to a different company altogether... but they're all equally greasy on the end!

max89

Regarding the recent notice on 30$ increase on 90-day pre-paid plan. I do not want to transfer to either Koodo, or a post-paid monthly plan. Are we being forced to either take this 25% increase or transfer to a brand and/or service we don't like?

- This is a 90-day plan, why is this announcement done in such short notices?

- Why are we being pushed to Koodo and post-paid services?

- Why will funds already paid for the 90-day pre-payment not be transfered even if we do transfer to Koodo?

@MarieHelene_L @David_J

KCK

Dear @Moderator_Team,

I'm currently on the $120/month for 12GB plan. I just received a text message stating my cost will go up from $120/month to $150/month which goes against what I signed up for at the beginning when it was clearly stated that as long as I have my account active, I will be able to keep this price after the promo period. Please review this and if nothing can be done from your end to rectify this, then a complaint will be filed with the CCTS.

Respectfully,

Disappointed Customer

avanluven

So according to the website after adding the promo it says a one time bill credit

Screenshot_20180215-182127.png

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Curious... has anyone NOT got the text message yet? I still haven't, but 2 of my friends already did.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gilbertwrote:

You have to buy a small tab to claim tne $100 from what I read.

No, appears that's not a requirement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/I-just-paid-for-the-next-three-month-plan...

MoFromTo2016

Any info if the Koodo plan will be LTE or 3G? 3G will be a degrade for what I have is the Nov 2016 plan.

Fulgore

@gilbertwrote:

I've heard people were able to switch and get the credit without having to get a device on a tab

unhappyclient

PM already charged me $120 for 3 months 2 days ago and then they drop this bomb on me. So if switch I will lose out on all the money I already paid. So stupid .I'm calling the CRTC .

methyl

In your complaints include the following info:

A plan with flexibility to spend 1GB in first month, 1GB in second and 10GB in third IS NOT the same as UP TO 4GB in each month.

Secondly, the real price of the plan with loyalty discount (since everyone on this plan is over 1 year) plus preauthorized payment discount is $37 per 30 days = $37.51 per calendar month. This IS NOT the same as $40 per month.

Additionally $100 credit does not even cover 2 months of paid up prepaid service (vast majority of the people have the service paid up until May). Two months of service on Koodo   plus sim card is $107 with tax.

@j_l_ No information given by PM refarding this change. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At least PM was merciful.

They waited until after Valentines Day!

gilbert

j_l_

I don't understand how you can raise the price of this plan when PM had explicitly stated this wouldn't happen:

https://i.imgur.com/jAS1n9c.png

iheartpuppies
Dear Public Mobile,

Today I received a text message telling me that my rate plan would be increasing by $10 per month. When I signed up to the plan it was because your website claimed:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

By raising the price of this plan, you are clearly engaging in false-advertising.

I would also like to add that the offered koodo plan does not meet my needs since the data doesn't roll over month to month. Moreover, I recently auto-renewed my plan and switching over would cause me to forfeit a significant sum of money. 

You may consider this my formal attempt to resolve this issue with you directly. If I do not hear back from you within 48 hours, I will initiate a formal complaint with the CRTC and the CCTS. Thank you for quickly resolving this matter. 

RLBL

@yowrote:

Right here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

Blatent false advertsing. I will also be submitting a complaint to the CRTC.

The unfortnate thing is:

It does not say forever. Although it is misleading, it really means it will "remain at $120, as long as the plan is valued $120"

Very misleading but that is what their lawyers have cooked up (we have all seen it)

float

not merely implied, it was in their original post -- referenced in another part of this thread. as well as laid it out plainly in their communications with customers https://imgur.com/Jw0Z1mA

ScrapIron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I actually gave Koodo a call before I launched the complaint. They told me I needed to buy a sim card and that the balance would be transfered over but the balance shows as zero, so nothing is going to come over. I've also sent a message to the Mods, but I can imagine they're probably swapped with questions at this time. Even if they reject the complaint, I think the mass volume of complaints coming in will be a red flag to them to investigate.

float

thank you!

zainesmail

Hello,

I just got a text message saying it's from Public Mobile. It says that my rate plan will increase $10 per 30 days startubg March 15th. Is this real? There's nothing showing this on my account. Please advise.

Thanks

ToniCipriani

Make sure you PM the mods FIRST before making any attempts at filing the complaint with CCTS for the increase. CCTS will reject your complaint if you don't, it is a requirement as part of the complaint process:

2018-02-15 18_07_05-Interactive questionnaire - CCTS.png2018-02-15 18_08_02-Interactive questionnaire - CCTS.png

jzmtl

@Melodiouswrote:

What's really funny is that the worst thing it seems we could do to Public Mobile is continue to be their customer. If they are planning to shut down why not say so.

I love the idea of a online-only no-frills carrier. But have the decency to actually want to have customers.

Not really, one day they will just say "we are closing, get the F out". 

Maran

If Koodo offer 5 GB data for PM customer's is ok.

ToniCipriani

@erotavlaswrote:

Ok I just wanted to say to everyone, don't be so quick to switch to the Koodo offer just yet.  By doing so you are letting them take advantage of you!!  

Everyone PLEASE FILL OUT THE COMPLAINT FORMS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!

The more of us that complain the more chance there is to get our message across and possible action taken against Telus for this.

See this post for links to the forms.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Forced-10-price-increase-SOLUTION/m-p/217...

PM the mods first, to register a formal complaint. CCTS may dismiss your complaint if you haven't done that.

2018-02-15 18_08_02-Interactive questionnaire - CCTS.png2018-02-15 18_06_47-Interactive questionnaire - CCTS.png

drvan

I PM'd the mods here with gsgsgs' post, word for word: 

Request for complaint resolution - 90 day/$120 plan change

See their response below. I'll be continuing with my CCTS complaint now.

"Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry for misunderstanding. Please refer to the official service terms for more details here https://publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Public_Mobile_Terms_of_Service.pdf

"Can the terms of service change? Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted, including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current terms of service. You can cancel service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees."

Thank you for your understanding,

PM Team"

Need Help? Let's chat.