Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
float
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Forced $10 price increase... SOLUTION

thank you!

ScrapIron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: $40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

I actually gave Koodo a call before I launched the complaint. They told me I needed to buy a sim card and that the balance would be transfered over but the balance shows as zero, so nothing is going to come over. I've also sent a message to the Mods, but I can imagine they're probably swapped with questions at this time. Even if they reject the complaint, I think the mass volume of complaints coming in will be a red flag to them to investigate.

float

not merely implied, it was in their original post -- referenced in another part of this thread. as well as laid it out plainly in their communications with customers https://imgur.com/Jw0Z1mA

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yowrote:

Right here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

Blatent false advertsing. I will also be submitting a complaint to the CRTC.

The unfortnate thing is:

It does not say forever. Although it is misleading, it really means it will "remain at $120, as long as the plan is valued $120"

Very misleading but that is what their lawyers have cooked up (we have all seen it)

j_l_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is the plan price going up?

I don't understand how you can raise the price of this plan when PM had explicitly stated this wouldn't happen:

https://i.imgur.com/jAS1n9c.png

iheartpuppies

Request for a complaint resolution regarding 90-day/$120 plan change

Dear Public Mobile,

Today I received a text message telling me that my rate plan would be increasing by $10 per month. When I signed up to the plan it was because your website claimed:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

By raising the price of this plan, you are clearly engaging in false-advertising.

I would also like to add that the offered koodo plan does not meet my needs since the data doesn't roll over month to month. Moreover, I recently auto-renewed my plan and switching over would cause me to forfeit a significant sum of money. 

You may consider this my formal attempt to resolve this issue with you directly. If I do not hear back from you within 48 hours, I will initiate a formal complaint with the CRTC and the CCTS. Thank you for quickly resolving this matter. 

gilbert

You have to buy a small tab to claim tne $100 from what I read.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

At least PM was merciful.

They waited until after Valentines Day!

NDesai
Oracle

Re: Why is the plan price going up?

@j_l_ No information given by PM refarding this change. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

methyl

In your complaints include the following info:

A plan with flexibility to spend 1GB in first month, 1GB in second and 10GB in third IS NOT the same as UP TO 4GB in each month.

Secondly, the real price of the plan with loyalty discount (since everyone on this plan is over 1 year) plus preauthorized payment discount is $37 per 30 days = $37.51 per calendar month. This IS NOT the same as $40 per month.

Additionally $100 credit does not even cover 2 months of paid up prepaid service (vast majority of the people have the service paid up until May). Two months of service on Koodo   plus sim card is $107 with tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.