cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

convolutionx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screw these guys. CCTS complaint FILED! LETS FLOOD THESE MOFOS AND WATCH THEM BURN AND CRUMBLE! THESE PEOPLE NEED TO FEEL JUDGEMENT!

hasan_cal

Why the change, and what about the cost of SIM and other hidden expense. 

PM should withdraw from such practice. 

Don't migrate peoples we have a month to fight for our future with pm

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

remik

#MakeUsAnOfferWeCantRefuse

Get it trending!

Get Rogers, Bell, Fido, and Virgin's attention!

Kalym

same situation - have prepaid on 10th Feb for 3 months.  what if i move over - do i lose that?  Do i get a refund for the prepaid?

quickly going to see what else is out there now and get rid of Telus.

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

with any other deal that it would constituted a binding contract.

With the Telcos good luck!!!

nobody studied contract law?

need proper clarifications!!

sirkdub

I just got the text from PB about the rate increase too! This is not ethical practice. Sure they are offering Koodo offer but what about all our referral and loyalty discounts!? We basically lose them and we are getting screwed in this bait and switch unethical practice. Not happy at all. I just referred up two family members too and wish I didn’t. H

YYCroof
Rate Plan Increase

Hi @Moderator_Team,

This is a formal request to resolve this matter before I submit a complaint to CCTS.

You sent the following text today, February 15, 2018 at 1:15 PM MT:

"Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days"

The text continues with inticement to switch to Koodo to receive a $100 credit and a $40/mo rate plan. I was also only given until March 15th to redeem the Koodo offer. However, I was charged on February 10, 2018 for 3 months of service in advance, ending in May.

I was also told that my plan & rate would be retained as long as my account remains active. This is now no longer the case. I understand prices go up sometimes. I understand that companies make changes, but this is disgusting. This is very poor customer service, and this would be the first time I have submitted a CCTS complaint.

Awaiting reply.

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Samianaumanwrote:

Agreed. What's the benefit of being loyal customer. If koodo can offer 40 bucks 4gb then how come pm can't. 

This is honestly interesting. Telus owns them all. How come koodo can afford to offer the $40/4gb plan, but PM can't, and they have no call centre, therefore far less overhead costs. They are just trying to force people to move over to koodo, by increasing their prices outrageously, giving the consumer no other choice but to move over. And once you're at koodo, who knows what'll happen.

I feel like this was the lesser of two evils for them. In my opinion, they want to get rid of the rewards program altogether, because in reality, that's the only difference between the koodo and PM migration plan. But that would cause far more outrage, as people have been gaining rewards far longer than have been on this fall promo.

I truly urge everyone to hold on, and don't rush into migrating yet. You still have a month. A lot can happen in a month.

jzmtl

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ChopstickHerowrote:

@jeffster1970wrote:

Also bait-and-switch is defined as: "the action of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.

And Koodo is neither more expensive or inferior.  Hence the issue with taking this to the CCTS.

To most of us, it is more expensive. I'm paying sub-$30/mo right now. Switching to Koodo will make it $40/mo... so yes, it is more expensive and I'll be paying more.

I would argue the monthly plan is not functionally comparable either. I lose the advantage of a 90 day window, which allows me to go over 4GB.

If I do this with the "comparable price point" plan, I would be assessed overage charges.

If I were to accept a resolution on Koodo or Telus, it has to be more than 4GB, with no more than $35 as the monthly. This is my average cost for staying till I max out my loyalty credit.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

After checking bunch of topics. I agreed With all of them. When we signup condition was crstal clear as long line stay active prices will stay same. 

My brother is with fm and holding a 7 or 8 years old plan still paying same price for the plan. How can pm change price like that. 

Few months back they offered 12gb plan to all freedom customer to get more business now they hiking all the prices. Sorry not acceptable really disappointed. We all invest so much time and support to this forum. We don't deserve this. Period   

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

rita_fuchs

@aumitchea écrit :

I don't know about you, but I would definitely call this a surprise.Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 14.41.30.png

Can you provide the link for the original message please?

avanluven

I got it to work.  Selected the 40$ bring your own phone then added the promo.  It asks for your phone number too

Gimli

i was explicitly told when I ported that the plan would not change so long as I stayed active.

so they basically lied.

complaint forthcoming... however - i dont take a text msg as an official notice of anything...

ChopstickHero

@jeffster1970wrote:

Also bait-and-switch is defined as: "the action of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.

And Koodo is neither more expensive or inferior.  Hence the issue with taking this to the CCTS.

To most of us, it is more expensive. I'm paying sub-$30/mo right now. Switching to Koodo will make it $40/mo... so yes, it is more expensive and I'll be paying more.

iPhone_PM_User

So basically Public Mobile has lied to customers. As per their $40/4GB page on this plan: 

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

Agreed. What's the benefit of being loyal customer. If koodo can offer 40 bucks 4gb then how come pm can't. 

jeffster1970

kellyk

When I signed up for a promotional $120 / 3 month plan with Public Mobile, their website indicated, "If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises".

As I have been an active customer since I became a PM customer, I would like to be contacted and assured that my plan will remain at $120 / 3 months. If I have not heard from Public Mobile within seven calendar days, I will submit a complaint to the Commission for Complaints to Telecom-Television Services at https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/ .

Shutdown

Hopefully freedom mobile quickly picks up news on this and offers a really good promo targetting PM users.

kingn8link

Hi @CS_Agent,

This is a formal request to resolve this matter before I submit a complaint to CCTS.

You sent the following text today, February 15, 2018 at 2:29 PM:

"Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days"

The text continues with inticement to switch to Koodo to receive a $100 credit and a $40/mo rate plan. I was also only given until March 15th to redeem the Koodo offer. However, I was charged on February 13, 2018 for 3 months of service in advance, ending in May.

I was also told that my plan & rate would be retained as long as my account remains active. This is now no longer the case. I understand prices go up sometimes. I understand that companies make changes, but this is disgusting. This is very poor customer service, and this would be the first time I have submitted a CCTS complaint.

I have only been with your company since 2016, and this is the third time I've been nudged to switch to Koodo. Just get rid of Public Mobile and be honest about it if that's your plan. But this current method is very deceptive, and it's not inticing to switch from one dishonest subsidiary to another.

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done. Thank you for your time.

All this to say.....

WTF PM?????? How can you LURE me to switch to you in 2016, and then try that same **bleep** two years later with a sister brand???? IDGAF if your sister has the same rate. I married you, dammit! Don't you understand? I WANT to be loyal. I WANT to love you. You're making it very difficult.

feejai

Unfortunate, but accepting the Koodo plan is NOT the right thing to do here.  It may be tough, and more expensive, but NOT giving Telus our business is the ONLY way to teach this company a lesson.  I really wish I had the time and energy to fight this, but hopefully someone is listening to the now 40 pages + of disgust.

I know there is a large forum on RedFlagDeals about this subject as well, does anyone know if we could get RFD to put a 'corporate type' plan together for all it's members?  With my friends and family referals, I could get a minimum of 20 people to switch/sign up if we are able to do something about this.  Unfortunately as a consumer I feel helpless, need to punish by switching to one of the other crooks, even if only for a short period of time.

I wish all PM loyal customers good luck in finding a new plan that suites your needs, this is not something I though I would have to worry about for some time :(.

Cheers to one and all!

RLBL

The thing I wonder is:

Why is the promo not tailored to individuals based on their time of renewal? Oh well.

jeffster1970

@achaowrote:

Fido is Robers, I mean Rogers.  As a matter or principle, I don't want to give Rogers any more money than absolutely necessary.  I had Koodo before Public Mobile, my experience wasn't bad.  Except the amount of data I had with them was paltry.  

Is Freedom usable now?  I remember for the longest time, the joke was "Freedom mobile's unlimited is great, because it frees you from using your phone, cause you can't ever load anything."

Fido/Rogers service is better than Freedom, but it won't knock your sock off. Still many dead zones..

Bell is ok if you're okay with hell or have money to burn.

Koodo is a good choice, even though everyone here wants to make a statement to Telus. Since Telus/Bell share the same towers, your services are better than the other two....

But if your mind's set on making a statement, go with Freedom and put up with the spotty coverage. It was good for me 98% of the time vs 99.5% for Rogers/Fido and 99.99% for Koodo).

ChopstickHero

@bayard0wrote:

I am giving Public Mobile 7 days of notice starting from today, If i dont hear anything from Public mobile by Friday morning than i will submit a complaint to CCTS.

Why wait? File a complaint now. They have the ability to respond to customer requests using this forum -- that is the purpose of it. They are being suspiciously quiet and deleting user posts.

Go here http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/ and cite the bullet point from their Fall 2016 Promo:

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also, it appears that the plan isn't properly set up in the koodo system yet either, when I apply the code these are the only plan options I see available:

Edit: My province was set to MB - I was obviously comparing prices between provinces the last time I went to the Koodo site.  The plan is indeed there if you're in Ontario, at least:

bryclops

So Telus, you lost too much money in the $60 for 6GB rampage in December and now you are taking it out on the $40 for 4GB crowd.

Need Help? Let's chat.