cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

oleanne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got a similar text being part of fall 2016 promo.

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for 16477662507. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

Thanks for starting this thread how does creating a complaint work?

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ChopstickHerowrote:

@Watokowrote:

@WearySkywrote:

Since I assume all my referrals will jump ship, I have zero incentive to stay. Fingers crossed the competition will offer something to try to nab all use Public Mobile folk jumping ship.

Patiently waiting, will gladly jump ship. I just wished I did it earlier when there were still better promos going on...

My plan just renewed in early Feb (like a lot of people) so I really have no choice but to use it up before I switch. If the other telcos are smart, they will hurry up and put a plan together to attract all this switchover business. Telus is treating customers worse than Rogers by doing this bait-and-switch ... and I thought switching from Rogers was a good thing. Nope.

I actually heavily debated with the 10GB promos offered by pretty much every carrier. It timed nicely with my plan renewal considering I jumped onto this promo early. But I just thought, there's no use of me paying excessive amounts of data when I can't even use the current PM data. But the bang for my buck though considering what just happened...

The thought of me going back to Koodo does not bode well either. Been with them for over 5 years, and not a single drop of loyalty reward.

bayard0

I Signed up for the $120/90days for 12 GB LTE data back in 2016 Fall Promo told explicitly that there will no changes to the price of the plan as long as I remain an active customer with an active account. I was notified today through text message that this price will increase $10/month, or switch to Koodo to retain the plan.

I have renewed my service last week and today i got a text notifying me to switching over to Koodo.

I want Public mobile to explain this and i want my money back for the next two month of the service i have already payed to Public mobile.

I am giving Public Mobile 7 days of notice starting from today, If i dont hear anything from Public mobile by Friday morning than i will submit a complaint to CCTS.

ute1978

@pakmodewrote:

@NuXPeRwrote:

It’s clear from all the hate that I’ve been reading in this thread that this move will absolutely destroy Public Mobile, and I honestly think that’s what Telus wants. But let’s ensure that it also destroys the reputation of Telus as well, as obviously this is a move that has been orchestrated by them! 

I agree - it's time to start contacting local news media as well.  CBC, CTV, CityNews, Global CP24 - if enough people have them investigate the complaints and contact Telus PR - this is going to be huge.

There is a groundswell of opposition here, I have never seen any post on here grow so big this fast. 

It is on reddit and RedFlagDeals already.

romrumrira

Someone please post it on reddit CANADA or r/CANADA. Thanks.

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@staticcorywrote:

@ute1978wrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

Moderators are censoring posts / topics now

Not surprised but really not cool

Are you saying members are being limited in their freedom of speech?

They are also deleting posts in this very thread, as I've noticed replies moving positions on pages, interesting. I've read every single post in this thread, there's nothing that would really warrant removal.

I wouldn't freak out over that just yet, perfectly normal if there were swearing posts that got removed. I'll give them the benefit of doubt.

ChopstickHero

@Watokowrote:

@WearySkywrote:

Since I assume all my referrals will jump ship, I have zero incentive to stay. Fingers crossed the competition will offer something to try to nab all use Public Mobile folk jumping ship.

Patiently waiting, will gladly jump ship. I just wished I did it earlier when there were still better promos going on...

My plan just renewed in early Feb (like a lot of people) so I really have no choice but to use it up before I switch. If the other telcos are smart, they will hurry up and put a plan together to attract all this switchover business. Telus is treating customers worse than Rogers by doing this bait-and-switch ... and I thought switching from Rogers was a good thing. Nope.

cbrooke100

WTF....I just renewed on Monday.  This stinks 👿  Complaint filed, please everyone else do the same!!!

@RyanRF it is only data that has any improvement

Voice & text quality / reliability is just as bad as ever

pakmode

@NuXPeRwrote:

It’s clear from all the hate that I’ve been reading in this thread that this move will absolutely destroy Public Mobile, and I honestly think that’s what Telus wants. But let’s ensure that it also destroys the reputation of Telus as well, as obviously this is a move that has been orchestrated by them! 

I agree - it's time to start contacting local news media as well.  CBC, CTV, CityNews, Global CP24 - if enough people have them investigate the complaints and contact Telus PR - this is going to be huge.

There is a groundswell of opposition here, I have never seen any post on here grow so big this fast. 

ToniCipriani

@RyanRFwrote:

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

@RyanRFwrote:

Before we all jump ship, we should wait a few days to see if other carriers offer similar plans to entice us over. 

I'll go to any company (except Freedom) offering a similar deal.

Freedom's network actually improved a lot, they just need their low frequency towers up.

They could get great coverage but the customer service I receieved while with them when they were Wind was the worst I've ever dealt with.  It was like they wanted me to leave (which I did).

I can't comment on personal experiences, but based on what we saw today, it's not like any of them are any better.

@ute1978 it is owned by Telus and is private

Hence the terms we agree to when we post here

But they (someone acting on behalf of Telus) are now breaking their own terms by censoring the forums

Its their right to do so, but it is wrong

Watoko

@WearySkywrote:

Vanterax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

To the mods here, start updating your resume.  Public Mobile has seriously damaged their brand and it's obvious Telus is looking to kill it.  I don't expect PM to survive 2018.

ute1978

@kav2001cwrote:

@ute1978 lol

PRIVATE forum here

No expectation of freedom of speech

What do you mean by private? Isn't it public and accessible by everybody?

sbreakin

@djfwong_yvrwrote:

I have the plan but i didn't get the text what do i do 😐

Start to look at your options.

PM:  Cost of plans if you stay - and keeping only loyaty & auto pay as credits as who knows how many will leave with this increase.

Koodo: Check out the offer.  But from what I've read it does sound nearly as good & quite a different (no 90 day data averaging, no credits, no system to cut off service if out of area/ roaming).

You will get a text.  I just got mine.  Now waiting for my wife to get hers.

rita_fuchs

@staticcorya écrit :

@ute1978wrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

They are also deleting posts in this very thread, as I've noticed replies moving positions on pages, interesting. I've read every single post in this thread, there's nothing that would really warrant removal.

We have to take screenshots as much as we can. @ChopstickHero shared this link to make a complaint : https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/ we can share it in our replies so it reaches as many people as possible. 

I know that PM twitter is pretty active on a daily basis. 

ChopstickHero
@jeffster1970wrote:

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

I'm going to throw this out there. 

The way I see this, Telus wants to migrate customers over to Koodo.  And it certainly, legally, looks like PM *might be* doing something wrong here.  However, since the three companies (Telus, Koodo and PM) are all under the umbrella, Telus can tell the CCTS that there is no ill will here, as they offered to move customers over to an equivalent brand for the exact same price -- $40 per month for 4GB and unlimited Canada-wide calling. In fact, they could state that this plan is better than the previous because of Canada wide, and technically you're getting an addtional 5 days of service. PM's service only last's 360 days, not a full 12 months. 

That is how they get around it. 

That's a really interesting point you make, granted it's all speculation and assuming this is the case. But still doesn't legally absolve them from the point where in their own terms of service says as long as you're an active customer, they won't increase your plan price. However, if they said "PM is shutting down" then we can't do much about it. However, they have not stated they are.

@ute1978 lol

PRIVATE forum here

No expectation of freedom of speech

micki

twitter,  wrote ccts  Smiley Mad

Watoko

@remikwrote:

Guys, let's get this trending!!! Like, retweet, whatever!!!

https://twitter.com/RemikEsq/status/964251630219735040?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5E...

#MakeUsAnOfferWeCantRefuse

#ScrewPublic

RTed!

Alvito

I tweeted CityTV's twitter account. If more people do it, maybe they will do a short piece on it tonight.

https://twitter.com/CityNews

https://twitter.com/City_tv

WearySky

djfwong_yvr

I have the plan but i didn't get the text what do i do 😐

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ute1978wrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

Alvito

Hi,

I just got a text message saying my rates are going up by $10 starting on March 20th. I've already prepaid and I also bought long distance minutes.

Your solution to switch to Kodoo does not satify my needs.

I would like to keep my plan at $40 a month with a $6 discount for having auto-renewal active.  I hope someone will be able to help me with this soon.

Thanks,

Daniel

ChopstickHero

@rita_fuchswrote:

Aslo, I wrote to them and this was the reply I got when I asked them how I could keep my plan without loosing what I have : 
3.JPG

That's actually untrue because how can the $40 Koodo plan equate to my $40 PM plan with my reward discounts?! If they are saying "keep the same price", they should honour my plan with reward discounts. I'm at a sub-$30/mo price point and was happy up until 2 hours ago.

Shutdown

If everyone switched to freedom mobile I bet you telus would freak out since all the promos have been targetted at freedom. Even the $60 10gb plan was targetting freedom. Only switching to freedom mobile will really upset them switching between the big 3 won't bother them that much.

luckiecookie

Anyone know what are their social media website?

Also, is there media that we can complaint the current price hike with?

Need Help? Let's chat.