cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: $40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

Well, I am either going to switch or stay and drop to the 12GB 3G plan for $135 and hopefully convince my referals to do the same. That way I wont lose anything on my 90 days I just renewed.

I have seen 3g at work, and for my data needs, it's fast enough 

erotavlas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Forced $10 price increase... SOLUTION

YES! this is ridiculous....they tricked everyone into signing up with them...this was their plan all along....who knows what they will do when we are with Koodo? hike those rates too????

Screw that.

Luddite
Oracle

@kevin_camera Sorry, forgot about the Freedom promo. If it was $120 90-day Province-Wide Talk + Global Text + 12GB Data, then likely those customers will also get the push. Seems Telus was upset with the reults of those promos.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
koimr1

"Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday."

Source: Plans | Koodo Mobile

Oh seriously.... what is this? 2005? Thank goodness I don't talk on the phone much anyway but the wife will be upset, she needs it for work.

Phoning using Fongo on your phone to avoid using your phone seems just weird to even just type out.

Watoko

For everyone thinking about whether to move or stay, I wanted to give you some background.

I switched over from Koodo and while I was on Koodo, my plan had been grandfathered for about 4 years and likely longer but I decided to come over to PM. So I suspect that if you move to Koodo, based on my personal experience with their grandfathering history, you might not have to worry about another change to your plan. However, I don't make ANY guarantees and they could just end up shafting everyone again who ported over in a year. But based on what I've seen with PM in the past year, I wouldn't trust my phone plan with them anymore. We've seen it first hand with legacy customers getting shafted, and now us.

staticcory

@RCUELLO

This is definitely the reason why we are getting an increase. Because Telus decided to match the 10gb/$60 offer, which meant a ridiculous amount of customers signed up for that plan, we now have to suffer. They need to get their money from somewhere.

Theprincipal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Forced $10 price increase... SOLUTION

I have also filed a complaint. they SPECIFICALLY addressed this and stated this would not happen. This is complete bull**bleep**.

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@staticcorywrote:

@RCUELLO

This is definitely the reason why we are getting an increase. Because Telus decided to match the 10gb/$60 offer, we now have to suffer. They need to get their money from somewhere.

IMO not a direct result of that. Carriers always hate prepaid subs and want postpaid more, with a higher ARPU. Brings up their blended ARPU.

viviantung92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

is there a canellation fee at PM when we switch to Koodo?

lexcyn

I just switched. This is shady AF. I know Telus owns PM and Koodo, but PM seems to be screwing everyone. I have a feeling Telus is just trying to kill off PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.