cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G data instead of 4G/LTE

Kenny21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm a new PM customet switching from Wind. I was wondering why my data is running under 3G instead of 4G. My current phone is the S7 Edge and i tried adding a network access point, but it didnt solve the problem.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank
9 REPLIES 9

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Darn. I'd Google how to do it on a Samsung S7.
But from what I've been able to find +16475800172 is the SMSC for Telus/Koodo/PM

Kenny21
*#*#4636#*#* doesn't pop up the secret menu for me. I'm using the s7 edge

cheeseburger

A little Googling revealed this:

Type *#*#4636#*#*.

Tap Phone information.

Scroll down to SMSC.

Enter

+16475800172

Kenny21
Yes I can receive text find but cannot send out sms. How do I change my SMSC settings

Pillzberri
Pm me if you need extensive help changing your csc to the right one. I also have s7 edge from wind and have lte wiring just five

Pillzberri
You need to change your csc to tls or kdo. If you change your csc your phone factory reset it self.

@Kenny21 wrote:

I change my rom over to telus and backed my phone up. I was able to get 4g/lte but I cannot send text messages anymore. Data and calling works but not messages

Your SMSC setting might need to be manually edited to the correct number.  I am assuming that you can receive texts fine.

Kenny21

I change my rom over to telus and backed my phone up. I was able to get 4g/lte but I cannot send text messages anymore. Data and calling works but not messages

PBForMe

Samsung phones from Wind have LTE disabled, you need to enable it.

See this post for one possible solution: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-LTE-on-Samsung-s7/m-p/91599/highlig...

There are other ways to do it, speical dial code to enter the service menu, changing over your rom to the telus version, this is only one. 

Need Help? Let's chat.