cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months, no payment: how to reactivate numbers?

hperacio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there!

I have 2 numbers and I have been outside Canada.

Last payment was in April/2018. I would like to continue using these numbers.

3 questions:

How do I know if the numbers are still activated?

How do I pay to use from now on?

I lost one SIM Card, how do I do to get a new one with the same number?

Numbers: 1 (647) 766-xxxx and 1 (647) 769-xxxx (the one I lost the SIM Card).

Thank you for your response.

Hamilton Peracio Filho.

12 REPLIES 12

hperacio

Ok, Thank you very much.

I have sent a message to the moderator.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM = Public Mobile

If you go into a Walmart cell desk, tell them you want a new Public Mobile plan. You should get the SIM for free, pay just for your 30 day plan. It has to be any 30 day plan with talk/text/data (all 3). In a few days you should see a credit appear in your account.

Mods:

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

hperacio

Ok, but how do I contact the moderator (what is PM?)?

And about the credits, how do I do to receive them?

Thank you.

Hamilton.

smp99

Password reset does not work - you need the moderators for that as well.

Unless these phone numbers are critical, I think it is time time cut bait and start over from scratch. Walmart has a deal now were you get a free SIM and then PM will credit your account $25. Another $10 if you can supply a referral number.

Otherwise, if you need these numbers, only the mods can help, and it may be even too late for that.  

hperacio

I activated and paid in April,17/2018.

When I try to sign in in my account it says "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here. ", but when I try to recover the password it says "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

Can you help?

smp99

When was the exact last payment date. If late April you still may be ok. Late April would make your plan active to late May (assuming 30 day plan), and we are still within 90 days of late May, but closing in soon. 

If the plan(s) are still available, to switch SIMs you can buy a new one and there is an option to switch SIMs within you account.

tazzy_s

Just like with a prepaid, number is lost after 90 days, pretty much the same here, so number 1 is gone with the wind. As far as the other number, if that wasn't axed since it's going to voicemail, may want to pay the bill or contact the moderators via PM. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hperacio, please don't post personal information in the public forum.  I edited your numbers.  The easiest way to check whether your accounts are still available, simply login and see if you can top up and restore the service.  If the accounts have been suspended for 90 days or longer, they would be deleted and no longer be accessible to the customer. 

Watoko

Since you posted your phone number on a public forum, I took the liberty to help you test it by calling them.

It seems that the first number you listed is not in service, so this means that nobody else has been assigned that number and that you MAY be able to get it back.

The second number you listed goes straight to voicemail. This can either mean that your plan is still active (you would have to check your self-serve account), or someone else likely took this number.

I hope this helps Hamilton.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hperacio wrote:
Numbers: 1 (###) ###-#### and 1 (###) ###-#### (the one I lost the SIM Card).

your name was here too

Site policy requires no personal information on the Community. Only send personal information when you need to, to the mods.

You can edit your post by clicking on the three vertical dots in the upper right of your post and selecting Edit Reply.

@hperacio wrote:

Hi there!

I have 2 numbers and I have been outside Canada.

Last payment was in April/2018. I would like to continue using these numbers.

3 questions:

How do I know if the numbers are still activated?

How do I pay to use from now on?

I lost one SIM Card, how do I do to get a new one with the same number?

Numbers: 1 (647) 766-9913 and 1 (647) 769-0813 (the one I lost the SIM Card).

Thank you for your response.

Hamilton Peracio Filho.

With the last payment being April 2018, when was the plan paid up until?  If the plans have been in suspension status for more than 90 days, the numbers are likely gone forever and can't be reactivated.  While it's not impossible that the numbers could be still available, you would have actually given up your claim on them by not using the service.  It's also possible that the phone numbers have already been assigned to someone else.  To see if your account is still active, try logging into your self-serve account.  If it not longer works, your account has been closed.

If your account has been closed, and wish to continue using Public Mobile services, you'll have to activate a new sim card, plan, and phone number.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I believe after 90 days you lose your numbers. You could open a new account and then PM the mods to see if numbers are still available and port them over. 

Or just PM them now to see availability and tell them what you are looking to do.

Need Help? Let's chat.