cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd public mobile account

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Before I go thru all the steps we're eliminating our landline and using an old iphone as a "house phone" thru publicmobile. Both myself and my husband have current, active public mobile accounts. When I do this, am I creating a "new account" or ??? Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Yes, you would need a separate email and sim for each account.

LoreckAvery

Just to be clear, I can have the same name on 2 accounts, just need a new email address (to which I've created)?

Shawnie33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had no idea that was a thing. Thank you so much

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And I will add - look on Kijijii for a ZTE WF721 - $20-$30. 

You can put your PM SIM in this and then plug a regular or cordless phone into the WF721 and it will look and feel like a landline. 

We do this on the $15 plan with a $5 Cda Wide add on and it works wonderful. Haven't dipped into the add-on yet - 4 months running. 

As a bonus, you can plug your WF721 into one of you wall jacks and that will activate all jacks, you just have to disconnect the Bell feed coming in from the street. If you are on DSL internet, that's an extra step you need to be aware of and you can find more info on this with Google.  

LoreckAvery

thank you!! Glad I asked prior

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes a new account. Each account needs a new sim card, new email address and you can use the same credit card.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@LoreckAvery You will need a third account. It is very easy to set up an email alias as your sign in. The easiest way to to do it is add or remove a period in your email address.

myname@somemail.com

my.name@somemail.com

Both addresses will get the email at the same account but satisfy the requirement for a "different" email for log n purposes.

Alternatively, some email providers like Google Gmail allow you to add a + in front of the @ sign in your address followed by whatever you like.

myname@gmail.com
myname+home@gmail.com

Both emails will receive messages at the same account but again meet the requirements for a different email for log in.

Need Help? Let's chat.