cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA SMS from Bank in France not arriving

AlliK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am not receiving 2FA SMS texts from my French bank account. I could receive a Forgotten password SMS from the bank (sent from area code 249), but not the 2FA texts.

After contacting the bank, they told me to discuss with my Phone Operator.  They said I may not be receiving international texts, or short number 2FA texts.

I checked Add-Ons to see if I needed to purchase an international text package to receive these texts, but there are only US packages.

Could an agent please check for me? Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

make sure data is on. 

Setting the network to 3G will do the trick.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Quigley 

Words are nice. But tips are also welcome! 😁

@Anonymous   I understood what you meant.  I'm curious 🦝 too.  I guess we both learned something new today. I know I did, thanks to @t_p .  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Quigley : Oh I'm not taking anything away from t_p for the solution...great stuff...I wonder if even airplane mode might have had the same effect. So I wonder about changing it back.

@Anonymous  The New kid @t_p  on the block solves another one!  Way to go!

Anonymous
Not applicable

WTH!!?? How? 🙂 @AlliK : I wonder if you were to change it back to the original setting (assuming LTE etc.) and see if it works.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@AlliK wrote:

Thank you so much! Setting it to 3G solved the issue 🙂

Glad it did.

Sometimes old school beats new school! 

AlliK

Thank you so much! Setting it to 3G solved the issue 🙂

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@AlliK 

Can you try setting your preferred network to 3G to see if it works?

@AlliK 

International 2FA is a system generated text.  It might not be able to send across countries .  This is different from SMS/MMS sent by people.  i.e, You should have no problem receiving text sent by a friend on his/her phone, but system generated text might not be able to reach you due to various technical reasons

And in this case, it is likely an issue on the sender side (the system does not setup to send to overseas).  I understand you have contact the support of your French Bank, but I think you should escalate the issue and have their IT team to confirm if it really able to send to a Canadian number

You best bet is to use another way of 2FA, email (not the most secure way) or Authenticator (Best way if it is an option)

AlliK

I joined PM in October 2020, but this is the first time I'm trying to receive the 2FA SMS on my Canadian number. The bank told me it should appear from a short number or a French country code number. I do receive short number texts from Shoppers Drug Mart, for example, though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlliK 

go to your Messages app settings and cleared cache and data,

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.to refreshing your network...

AlliK

Pixel 3a.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AlliK   did you just join PM and did you just port your number into PM?

If you have been on PM for you time, was the 2FA ever work  and just stopped working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlliK 

all plan is include Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging Free,

what device you have,

Need Help? Let's chat.