cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Sept DROPPED Calls, Video Incoming and Outgoing!!!!!!

AMT_21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the unlimited call & text plan in North America and looking for a solutions.

Accounts are in good standing. Cell has been updated, shut off and not sure why a call to 611 is required.

Simon the Robot is useless. Followed guidelines and NO SUCCESS connecting.

The digital solution for HELP is waste of time. Writing and waiting for responses.

Hope this try will work.  Thank you.

Enjoy your today.

16 REPLIES 16

AMT_21

AMT_21_0-1634486860537.jpeg

Thank you, I will try your options and revert to Customer Service if issue persists.

Have a good day.

@AMT_21 

I only mentioned the "recent" issue in case it seemed that you had resolved the original issue and then it suddenly came back with dropped calls, calls forwarded to voicemail etc... However since the calling issue has been ongoing then they are unrelated. The following article suggests the usual troubleshooting including a network reset between updates. 

While repetitive in nature try one more time to see if that helps and if not contact customer support to see when pm last tweaked their carrier settings for iOS and maybe they can push the latest carrier update to your iPhone to see if that makes a difference. Fingers crossed.

Spoiler

While it’s likely not as serious as we’ve seen in the past, it does appear that a substantial number of users are encountering more frequently dropped calls since updating to iOS 15, with nearly a third of respondents to our poll noting that they’d experienced a higher number of dropped calls since upgrading.

There can be a lot of factors affecting this, and your mileage may vary depending on what carrier you’re on. However, since each major iOS release tweaks how the cellular radios and related hardware works on the iPhone, it’s definitely something that can be an unintended consequence.

Some of this can also be a result of cellular networks being under more load during a time when many more users are upgrading to and activating the latest iPhone models. Further, while individual carriers have advance releases of each new iOS version to test on their networks, not all of them test these — or tweak their customized carrier settings for iOS — equally, so your mileage may vary.

Carrier settings can also be updated independently of an iOS release, so if there’s a network-wide problem, it’s possible for the carrier to fix this without waiting for the next iOS update. However, this process also sometimes leaves old internal configuration settings lying around, which is why it’s a good idea to reset your network settings on your iPhone every so often to clean out the cruft.

If you’re experiencing frequent dropped calls, or any other odd communication problems with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or cellular data, we’d suggest doing this with a quick trip into your iPhone Settings app. You can find it under General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. Note that this will also remove your saved Wi-Fi networks and most of your paired Bluetooth devices, but it’s usually worth it to get a fresh start, as this often solves the communication-related problems on your iPhone.

AMT_21

@darlicious ,Thank you for your response.  See my comments under REPLY: 

Currently there is a separate issue with cell tower equipment upgrades affecting calling when the phone phone switches from the 4G LTE network to the 3G network for calls. Try forcing your phone to use the 3G/WCDMA network only.

REPLY:  I do not know what you are referencing here.  Need more guidance.

But this is probably unrelated to your original issue. Have you tested another mobile providers sim card in your phone to see if the issue persists? This will help determine if it's a device issue or not. Do you have the latest Apple update? Otherwise as per your request:

REPLY:  In my note from 2 weeks ago, this issue of Dropping calls started in Sept 2021. I have had no issues with Public Mobile since I signed on to this service in Jun 2020.

It is not a device issue as I visited an Apple store and did a diagnostic test and confirmed

no issue with device. I have the latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 15.0.2. Learn how to update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.6 days ago.

@AMT_21 

Currently there is a separate issue with cell tower equipment upgrades affecting calling when the phone phone switches from the 4G LTE network to the 3G network for calls. Try forcing your phone to use the 3G/WCDMA network only.

But this is probably unrelated to your original issue. Have you tested another mobile providers sim card in your phone to see if the issue persists? This will help determine if it's a device issue or not. Do you have the latest Apple update? Otherwise as per your request:

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AMT_21

I am back.  I was extremely frustrated with the service Oct 15th when I was in the middle

of a very important medical call where the hospital receptionist and surgeon had to call me back FIVE times. 

I need to speak with a live person PLEASE.  Simon is useless. I need to fix this problem ASAP.

I am signing off just now and will be back in a few hours to hopefully find a solution to a live conversation with someone. 

@AMT_21 

Did you install iOS 13 after the end of August? According to Apple Tool Box the latest update to iOS 13 has caused many iPhone users to experience dropped calls affecting all types of iPhones....

"Since iOS 13 was first released, users have been running into various problems with the Phone app and cellular connectivity. Many of Apple’s subsequent point releases (iOS 13.1, 13.1.1, etc.) fixed these issues.

But many users have reported significant problems with calls dropping. The issue actually appeared to get worse after iOS 13.x+. More than that, Apple’s latest iOS 13.2 software update doesn’t seem to have fixed it.

"It’s not clear how many users this bug is impacting, but it does seem to hit iPhones regardless of their model or carrier.

We’ve seen reports of the bug on everything from an iPhone SE to an iPhone 11 Pro Max. As stated earlier, the carrier a user has doesn’t seem to have anything to do with it, either. That indicates that it’s a software-based issue."

"The problem appears to vary in severity. Some users indicate that cellular reception is poorer than normal and calls drop frequently. Others complain that the bug is “constant” and that “virtually all” calls drop after a short amount of time.

If this issue hasn’t been affecting you, good. Despite the number of reports, we can safely say that it isn’t impacting every iPhone running iOS 13. But for affected users, the problem is annoying — especially since it appears annoyingly persistent.

You have already tried most of the suggestions but turn off silence unknown callers if you have it enabled along with either turning on or off wifi calling has met with some success. You can read the whole article here...

https://appletoolbox.com/iphone-dropping-calls-after-ios-13-update-fix/

Finally the next logical step is contacting customer support and ask for your account to be reset and your sim card reprovisioned. Worst case you can try replacing your sim card but it does seem that the issue lies with Apple having a fix in their next update for the problem to be truly resolved.

@computergeek541 wrote:

Yes, of course these actions could work. It's just that for an intermittent issue, it's extremely difficult to know if the actions taken fixed anything, or if it the issue would have been gone even if the actions weren't taken.  Something happening after something has been changed doesn't always mean that the change caused it to happen.

@computergeek541 As is with all trouble-shooting, I suppose! 😂

But, yes, I can understand that.

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541 

From personal experience - sometimes just restarting, choosing the restart button on the phone just doesn't cut it.

For some past issues, having it turned off, then coming back to it to turn it on had much better success.

Your Input and Feedback is appreciated and respected...but may not change the way I offer these certain suggestions. 😊

Yes, of course these actions could work. It's just that for an intermittent issue, it's extremely difficult to know if the actions taken fixed anything, or if it the issue would have been gone even if the actions weren't taken.  Something happening after something has been changed doesn't always mean that the change caused it to happen.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@AMT_21 wrote:

Thank you for your feedback.

I have tried 1 often previously and 2 just now.  I will try the various options you have suggested. Fingers crossed one of them will be successful.

1) turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

2) go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings.

For the most part, these steps are essentially doing the same thing, which is to disconnect from the network and then to reconnect to the network. As for taking the SIM card out and then putting it back in, problems with the SIM card are rare, and this could only help if for some reason the SIM card isn't making good electrical contact with the device.  There isn't any need to wait any amount of time before reinserting the SIM card, coming out of airplane mode, or restarting the device.  

@computergeek541 

From personal experience - sometimes just restarting, choosing the restart button on the phone just doesn't cut it.

For some past issues, having it turned off, then coming back to it to turn it on had much better success.

Your Input and Feedback is appreciated and respected...but may not change the way I offer these certain suggestions. 😊

@AMT_21 wrote:

I have tried 1 often previously and 2 just now.  I will try the various options you have suggested. Fingers crossed one of them will be successful.

*reset network settings.

For the most part, these steps are essentially doing the same thing, which is to disconnect from the network and then to reconnect to the network. As for taking the SIM card out and then putting it back in, problems with the SIM card are rare, and this could only help if for some reason the SIM card isn't making good electrical contact with the device.  There isn't any need to wait any amount of time before reinserting the SIM card, coming out of airplane mode, or restarting the device.  

@AMT_21   let us know how it turns out.  

If still have problem, provide us more information like what kind of phone is yours.   Or if you tried your PM SIM on another phone. 

AMT_21

*reset network settings.

@AMT_21 wrote:

@AMT_21 

-Why don't you start a new thread and need to tag on an old one?

Reply:  Sorry but this method of communication is VERY confusing and I do not know how to use it. So I continue here 🙂

-First, what kind of phone is yours?  which province and city you are at?

Reply:  I have an IPhone SE and I use it everyday and every where.  Recently between Ontario and Quebec.  Problem started early September to date.  I did not have this issue

prior to August 30, 2021.

-did you try putting your SIM to another phone?

Reply:  I did not try. However, visited the Apple Store in ON assuming it was a product problem. They ran a diagnostic test and determined not a device problem.

-was to issue isolated to a particular area, like your home or work?  or you drive around town and same issue at different part of the city?

Reply: Problem continues at home, while walking, driving, traveling. Any where any time, even when TELUS is the WIFI provider!!!. 

-what you meant by dropped calls?  ongoing calls suddenly got cut off? or incoming calls not coming in at all and go straight to voice-mail?

Reply:  In the middle of telephone / video calls ie: FaceTime / WhatsApp / Messenger /Zoom.  Simply disconnects.  Incoming/Outgoing calls dialed, rings twice then disconnects.

Personal and Business calls abruptly disconnected and I tried to reconnect a few times.  Sometimes successful within 15 mins! other times a few hours later.   Does not work for business.  Potential to loose clients.  Sometime video calls freeze and come back or simply disconnect.  When freezing occurs I have missed critical discussions.

And data not working?

Reply: not sure what you mean by data not working. I should not be using my data when secure WIFI is available I have learned. I still have lots of data available.

@AMT_21  Excellent answering of questions! 🙂

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings.

Reset your Network Settings - Do this:

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

If still issues, try your SIM into another compatible phone and see if the issue persists.

If the issues are still happening ask the Customer Support Team to check your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

AMT_21

@AMT_21 

-Why don't you start a new thread and need to tag on an old one?

Reply:  Sorry but this method of communication is VERY confusing and I do not know how to use it. So I continue here 🙂

-First, what kind of phone is yours?  which province and city you are at?

Reply:  I have an IPhone SE and I use it everyday and every where.  Recently between Ontario and Quebec.  Problem started early September to date.  I did not have this issue

prior to August 30, 2021.

-did you try putting your SIM to another phone?

Reply:  I did not try. However, visited the Apple Store in ON assuming it was a product problem. They ran a diagnostic test and determined not a device problem.

-was to issue isolated to a particular area, like your home or work?  or you drive around town and same issue at different part of the city?

Reply: Problem continues at home, while walking, driving, traveling. Any where any time, even when TELUS is the WIFI provider!!!. 

-what you meant by dropped calls?  ongoing calls suddenly got cut off? or incoming calls not coming in at all and go straight to voice-mail?

Reply:  In the middle of telephone / video calls ie: FaceTime / WhatsApp / Messenger /Zoom.  Simply disconnects.  Incoming/Outgoing calls dialed, rings twice then disconnects.

Personal and Business calls abruptly disconnected and I tried to reconnect a few times.  Sometimes successful within 15 mins! other times a few hours later.   Does not work for business.  Potential to loose clients.  Sometime video calls freeze and come back or simply disconnect.  When freezing occurs I have missed critical discussions.

And data not working?

Reply: not sure what you mean by data not working. I should not be using my data when secure WIFI is available I have learned. I still have lots of data available.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AMT_21 Why don't you start a new thread and need to tag on an old one?

First, what kind of phone is yours?  which province and city you are at?

did you try putting your SIM to another phone?

was to issue isolated to a particular area, like your home or work?  or you drive around town and same issue at different part of the city?

what you meant by dropped calls?  ongoing calls suddenly got cut off? or incoming calls not coming in at all and go straight to voice-mail?

And data not working?

Need Help? Let's chat.