cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Black Friday Deals - For existing customers

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey guys, just thought would start a thread to see what kinda deals we as existing customers can expect this black friday. I know i know deals are mostly for new customers but its not unreasonable to think Pm can give thier loyal customers a little something. Obviously I am not expecting anyhting huge but a free data addon would be nice.

9 REPLIES 9

@maheshboloor 

Awe.....do you remember 2019 when everything was normal? And public mobile had contests every month to win $50 Amazon gift cards and community feedback threads where 5 or 10 members were chosen for testing or surveys for a free 1gb of data? Those were the days and last november they had the public mobile #PDA contest. Post in the contest thread and sgare if you wanted on twitter or instagram what you love about public mobile and three lucky winners won a years worth of public mobile service. Valued at $600. If any of the three had the $50 plan it would be almost time for them to pay for the first time in a year. If on the $25 plan they have another free year!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sorry, my crystal ball has crack and is in the repair shop ATM.

It depends on what PM's competitors are offering and anything that PM wants to celebrate.

IIRC,

• Last August/September free 1GB add-on is to celebrate PM's new logo and color.
  • Last December free 1GB data and 400 International calling minutes
  • 2 months ago, PM wants to stop subscribers from leaving to Shaw Mobile offer.  Someone at PM made a mistake, the BC and AB subscribers got 5GB data and 1000 CW minutes add-ons independent to which plan subscriber has. 

Over two years ago, there was a PM to Koodo migration lottery.  I am one of the lottery taker.  You cannot win(i.e. get a migration offer) if you don't have a ticket.  But I ended up staying with PM and now I manage 8 accounts for my family.

Together with the $25/$25 one time credit for both the referrer and referee, migration lottery was the best PM promotion which benefited PM as well as Koodo.  It was win-win-win for PM, Koodo and subscribers of both providers.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's been long time since referral bonus for both parties we 25...

Those were the days my friend...

I ran into this the other day and thought we need something similar

Screenshot_20201029-161407~2.png

I'd be really happy with half of it

High hopes for this holiday season since we had so little during the year

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor  I do hope they offer something for BOTH new and existing customers.  I'm sure they will because they know how important we are as loyal customers and how smart others are who will choose to switch to Public Mobile.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor have to monitor the forum and see what they introduce. Maybe another free addon of Mins/Data like last year Christmas. But nothing was on Black Friday as I remember.

Yes last year there was a freebie for existing customers in August and two more at Christmas. This year there was the freebie for BC & Alberta customers in August (I think?). I suspect there will be something around Christmas again this year. 

I believe the referral bonus in the Black Friday through New Years timeframe last year added a $20 bonus for the existing customer on top of the $1 every 30 days and the $10 bonus for the new customer remained $10. There have been promotions where the new customer got $20 or even $25 rather than $10.

I am hoping for some more referral bonuses that are stackable with a new customer bonus coming soon. But no one knows until it happens and frequently one promo launches and other goodies get added along the way, not all at once. I don't have many referrals waiting in the wings at the moment but some good promotions have a way of helping us find referrals quickly!.

AE_Collector

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is uncertain if PM will have any special offers or promotions.  Check the announcements section.

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There no offers for existing customers.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

There was nothing really last year for current members in regards to Black Friday. However shortly after for the holidays members were provided with two free gifts. Which were 1 gig holiday add-on and 400 international calling minutes. 

The announcement was on the forums and you simply had to log into your account and go to the add-on section. Both gifts were free there and you just had to purchase them at the cost of $0 per add-on.

Black Friday may have been an extra referral bonus. Like $25 if you refer someone I don't remember but look through the announcement section for last year.

No one knows what PM has in store for this holiday season 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.