cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 posts showing up as new solutions?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Has anyone else noticed that posts like this one in 2016 are showing up in the area as new solutions? Is this normal? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Account-Disabled/m-p/110343#M20571

18 REPLIES 18

I would say 2nd class @wetcoaster🤔 , because I would be 4th.😉

@computergeek541 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

There are more "interesting" things going on in the background. Looks to me like posts are deleted and bravos taken away. My all time bravos got to 5135 last week when I happened to scroll over my own profile and then "mysteriously" dropped down to 4938 over the weekend. I can see a bit of fluctuation, but imho something like 200 bravos is a lot if you consider that I strive for quality over quantity...

The cynic in me is just waiting for this post to be censored as well.

The greater emphasis orgnanization and quality partly relates to old posts and members sometimes replying to them for absolutely no reason at all. From what I have been noticing, posts and bravo counts have been reduced, but only when floating your cursor over the member's name or if looking at the bravo leaderboard. To my knowledge, the totals in your profile haven't been affected.

This might be true for you. Which just confirms PM's bias.

I seem to be considered a fourth class contributor here and the changes are atfecting all my stats. The statement between the lines is essentially that my contribution doesn't matter. And any post that I made before their random cut off date is worthless. To the point that they have just disappeared in the internet nirvana.

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks @Tiana_V for officially clearing this up. How many years are these posts archived for? 

We are currently archiving posts from 2017 and older (not all, but a majority). A few from 2018 were mistakenly archived earlier this week and then put back into the forum (which is why people may have seen their bravos go down then up again). 

The posts will remain archived until further notice. As speculated, we are infact striving for quality over quantity. We are currently identifying a few ways to achieve this. If, in the future we identify a way to maintian quality on the community and bring back these posts we will definitely try to do so. 

Thanks @Tiana_V for officially clearing this up. How many years are these posts archived for? 

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@gblackma wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that posts like this one in 2016 are showing up in the area as new solutions? Is this normal? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Account-Disabled/m-p/110343#M20571

Recently we've started an effort to clean up the Community, part of which is assigning "accepted solutions" to posts that may not have them. There's a few reasons why. Firstly, it's so that it's easier for users to find answers to their questions as quickly as possible. Secondly, it's to recognize the work that our users have done to help out their fellow Community members. 

@AE_Collector wrote:

All I know is that there would be one H#$L of a lot less new topics here if the search function were used a little more frequently! Some of the regular answers need to be followed up with "this is a recording".

Just my snarky opinion!

I hear ya! TBH, it seems like a lot of the folks that come here to get a problem solved, likely never even use the search function. For instance, the APN settings that so many people need help with..... when I signed up, I simply looked around the forums, and found the info I needed was already here, in LOTS of threads, but the same question keeps coming up.

@wetcoaster wrote:

There are more "interesting" things going on in the background. Looks to me like posts are deleted and bravos taken away. My all time bravos got to 5135 last week when I happened to scroll over my own profile and then "mysteriously" dropped down to 4938 over the weekend. I can see a bit of fluctuation, but imho something like 200 bravos is a lot if you consider that I strive for quality over quantity...

The greater emphasis orgnanization and quality partly relates to old posts and members sometimes replying to them for absolutely no reason at all. From what I have been noticing, posts and bravo counts have been reduced, but only when floating your cursor over the member's name or if looking at the bravo leaderboard. To my knowledge, the totals in your profile haven't been affected.

All I know is that there would be one H#$L of a lot less new topics here if the search function were used a little more frequently! Some of the regular answers need to be followed up with "this is a recording".

Just my snarky opinion!

AE_Collector

@wetcoaster it's now back up to 5028. Lol. Do you think there's some corrolatiion between the 2 occurrences?  Does anyone know how long these threads are archived for?

@wetcoaster wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

I believe volunteer oracles are reviewing old topics where the OP never marked any reply as a solution, and marking good solutions on the OP's behalf.

While Oracles do sometimes look to review solutions, I wouldn't go as far back as 2015 or 2016. I beleive it's a moderator doing this. I am expecting a much greater emphasis in the future in Community on organization and quality instead of quantity.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

I believe volunteer oracles are reviewing old topics where the OP never marked any reply as a solution, and marking good solutions on the OP's behalf.

While Oracles do sometimes look to review solutions, I wouldn't go as far back as 2015 or 2016. I beleive it's a moderator doing this. I am expecting a much greater emphasis in the future in Community on organization and quality instead of quantity.

@Nezgar wrote:

A lot of questions are asked by individuals new to PM and the community, so it's quite understandable they wouldn't know (or care) to mark a solution on their inquiries... (even though I believe the site emails to remind...)

I did find it odd when posting on the "discussions" area I got a reminder to mark a solution to a post which was not a question, more an informational post up for comment...

So it's nice for those who replied to get a little pat on the back with a solution to their name. Those are hard to get with the frenzy of replies.  Smiley Very Happy Thanks for tagging my post @gblackma !

Thanks @Nezgar , now it makes sense. Fmi, I look at solutions to recent questions that I may not know the answer to. So thanks for all who answered my question. Appreciate the help. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Lol @CannonFodder , you are welcome. I immediately thought about you when I saw them reappearing .😎

@CannonFodder wrote:

@gblackma  Maybe that's how I ended up replying to that thread yesterday, where you called me that VILE, NASTY, FOUL name, "Thread Digger"! 🤣 

@gblackma  Maybe that's how I ended up replying to that thread yesterday, where you called me that VILE, NASTY, FOUL name, "Thread Digger"! 🤣 

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma wrote:

That's weird.  It's not Throwback Thursday til tomorrow.

Need Help? Let's chat.