cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 SIM cards on 1 account

Josh8794
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • How do I activate another SIM card on my current account? I have my SIM card with a active plan, how ever I ordered my daughter a SIM card and I just received it and I can’t figure out how to activate it on my account. Is it possible to have 2 active SIM cards on one account? 
7 REPLIES 7

@HALIMACS @RosieR Telus/Koodo/PM should enable 2FA via authenticator app. While not entirely foolproof, it would dramatically cut down on these sorts of intrusions.

Hi @kb_mv  &  @RosieR 

I guess there's a couple of ways to look at your feedback as to whether SIM-hacks would be more drastic if PM were to have multiple services exist under one "main" account:

In the one case, ONE account get's compromised and therefore affects all 5 phones/SIMS may be impacted.  Yes, it's all-encompassing, but it's also one and done.   PLUS the user only has to ensure one account is well-secured and managed, and doesn't have to individually monitor all 5 accounts (and potentially 5 separate Community accounts) as well.

In the other case (the current situation), it's quite possible all 5 accounts/SIMs may get compromised separately over a period of time.   My thought is that would be more likely to drive a customer over the edge.   

In any case, I'm doubtful PM will ever enable multiple services under a single main account as it doesn't really fit under their model.

Good discussion though!!!  

@mimmo wrote:

@Josh8794  no not possible.  1 email address =1 account = 1 simcard

you can create a new account with a gmail alias if you use gmail.

Hi @Josh8794 to add to what oracle mimmo stated above.  You may use the same credit card you use for autopay in your account to pay for your daughter's account.

Stay safe and Happy New Year

RosieR 

@kb_mv wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @Josh8794 

That is one of the unfortunate limitations with having multiple services with Public Mobile managed by a single individual.

While it's obvious each would need it's own SIM card and phone number, it is too bad that Public Mobile couldn't figure out a way to have a SINGLE LOGIN access all SIM cards/phone numbers associated with a master customer.  

Because they use e-mail address as username and the community service is linked by matching e-mail address - it seems keeping every phone number separate by individual account/e-mail/SIM was the simplest way for them to go.

SO.... it is as Mimmo said.

@HALIMACS The only downside I can see to this, is people will then come on here and start a thread titled "All 5 phones on my account stopped working today! WTF?" Can you imagine being sim jacked multiple times all at once?

@kb_mv good point 

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi @Josh8794 

That is one of the unfortunate limitations with having multiple services with Public Mobile managed by a single individual.

While it's obvious each would need it's own SIM card and phone number, it is too bad that Public Mobile couldn't figure out a way to have a SINGLE LOGIN access all SIM cards/phone numbers associated with a master customer.  

Because they use e-mail address as username and the community service is linked by matching e-mail address - it seems keeping every phone number separate by individual account/e-mail/SIM was the simplest way for them to go.

@HALIMACS The only downside I can see to this, is people will then come on here and start a thread titled "All 5 phones on my account stopped working today! WTF?" Can you imagine being sim jacked multiple times all at once?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Josh8794 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Josh8794  no not possible.  1 email address =1 account = 1 simcard

you can create a new account with a gmail alias if you use gmail.

Need Help? Let's chat.