cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12GB/90days - Future Dated Plan ** Jan 20th Renewal **

monokromatik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Mods,  @Mary_M@Shazia_K

My current 6gb/90day plan is expected to change to the fall promo 12gb/90days plan on Jan 20th, 2017.

Please confirm if issues experienced with users back in Nov/Dec 2016 is fixed?

Thank you in advance,

25 REPLIES 25

adetorre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It should be automatic! If not, you can always contact a moderator. Thanks, and enjoy your new 12GB plan! I'm loving it too! Smiley Very Happy

rlchung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do I need to top up my account for future dated plans to work? Or will auto pay do everything automatically?

@stonechucker Nothing has been changed in self-serve. Check the date on overview page and the one on My Rewards page. This is because the plan change renews overnight. 

monokromatik
My plan successfully switched to 90day/12gb. Lesson learned was, top up the acccount, as the Autopay feature did not go through.

On a positive note, my account was credited rewards dollars for future use.

I was just looking in my account information, and I did not see two different dates, however previously, I think I had.

One for Plan Expiry, and one for renewal.

Is it possible recent system updates have considered this, and we no longer see one of the dates?

monokromatik
My plan renewal date is Jan 20th.

In all my time with PM, i would receive a text 1 day prior advising autopay was susscessful in charging the next months fees.

Nothing happens the day before renewal; or did you mean Jan 19 was your expiry date?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

monokromatik

@ronster @Mary_M@Shazia_K

Thanks for the reply.  My account is now topped up with the funds required.

If the auto pay attempt failed today Jan 19th, and my plan renewal is scheduled for Jan 20th will there be another system payment attempt?   How does this work?

ronster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I think the key is to make sure you have enough balance in your account for payment. Best to set up auto pay then it'll transition to new promo plan with no issue.

monokromatik

@Mary_M @Shazia_K

All it seems the bug still exists.  

My payment should have gone through today with Autopay.

I received a text message that "there isnt enough money in you account to renew your plan"

This has never happened, its the first time i received this notification.

As @stonechucker recommened, top up the account. Which i will do now as my plan has a renew date for Jan 20th,  with the roll up to 12gb plan on 90days.

It looks like most subscribers are not having the issue anymore of failed plan changes, as @monokromatik has reported.

when I prepaid my autopay renewal, I did so because I had previous had a failed plan change with autopay processing.  I don't know if it was because I was changing both length or plan, and data amounts, or if was just bad luck.

anyways, it's all good for me now, and for many others also.

coltonbauman

My older 6gb 90 day plan just rolled over the other day, and I had it pre set to get me the 12gb promo plan. I didn't touch anything as far as payment, just had auto renewal chosen, and everything switched over easily. It looks like it's applied my rewards and everything. 

DmcDohko
I was actually wondering about this myself as my bill will soon be renewed for me as well... To be clear, will it automatically deduct my rewards (6$) and change my bill accordingly or do I need to manually pay the bill in 'my account' portal before auto-pay kicks in for the system to include the rewards discount? Thanks in advance!

@monokromatik, the rewards you have available will be used as part of your payment.  If you $6 in rewards, you would subtract that from the total of your plan.

i over paid mine by a couple dollars because more rewards were added the day day before renewal.

monokromatik
@stonechucker

Thats a good idea.thanks.

Im currently on auto-pay. If i pre-loaded my account balance. On rewnewal day, would the system take those funds 1st before attempting to process the autopay?

or would

the pre-loaded balance just sit in the account for future use of other purchases?

Thank you in advance

acehao

my plan got changed today to the 12 gb.

no issues in changing/renewing with autopay set up.

To the original poster, I pre-loaded my balance to ensure auto-pay wouldn't fail, as I was seeing so many of those issues during the promo.

Doing this, I had no issue with my plan renewing to the 12 GB plan.  I do not believe you'll have an issue.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RogerI wrote:

I would be very surprised if PM does not know what the problem is.

However, sometimes knowing and understanding how to fix it are two different things.

If they knew what the problem was, theoretically they'd be able to pre-emptively fix the accounts that have problems.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
At worse I believe it will renew with your old 6gb plan
Shouldn't worry too much about getting no service

dohadotahmed
I did the future dated plan change on November 29 for 2 lines without any problem. My both plan showed 12 gb of data and I think most of the time it work properly.
Only a few percentage of people got problem. So the best thing is wait until January 20 and see what will happen. Then if something goes wrong then pm a moderator to fix it.

monokromatik

Thank you all for the updates.  I agree with posting a fix list. Users could check there prior to adding a concern to the "discussion" board. 

jaswest2754
To be fair I don't think any carrier releases lists of bugs they fix with their online systems. Now mind you it would be a brilliant idea to tell users the bug fixes especially on a completely online platform.

@RogerI wrote:

However, sometimes knowing and understanding how to fix it are two different things.

@Also, to be honest, PM does a really bad job at communcatrion with the users. (Pretty ironic for a communcations company?). The @MODs appear to be as in the dark as us.

For example, I have not seen a bug fix list from the updates of the last few days.

WELL this is exactly the problem I mentionned before,, no one seem to have that list.It will be a very big help to us and to Mods if we all know what is actually being fixed.

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also, to be honest, PM does a really bad job at communication with the users. (Pretty ironic for a communications company?). The @MODs appear to be as in the dark as us.

For example, I have not seen a bug fix list from the updates of the last few days.

jaswest2754
I don't know if they will be able to tell you that or not. It's kinda trial and error to fix issue especially if they haven't pinned the reason down for the issue seen as it intermittent and didn't effect all users. The 100 or so complaints on here are a small percentage of the total users who signed up for the fall promo with assuming I don't actually know about 10000-20000 users signing up for it.
Need Help? Let's chat.