cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$1.05 Mystery Charge

Tango_Tango
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good evening,

In reviewing last month's credit card statement, in addition to the monthly bill via Public Mobile auto-pay, there is a separate charge, posted on a separate date, for $1.05 ($1 plus GST?). Has anyone seen this, and do you know what this fee is for? I've been with Public Mobile for only a few months, but haven't seen this previously.

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Any charges made by Public Mobile will be shown in your payment history. Login to your Self-Serve to confirm.

If the "mystery charge" was on a different date then it's not likely to be Public Mobile. They only charge once every 30 days (through AutoPay). Why do you assume it's Public Mobile? $1.05 sounds, at a guess, more like a misc banking fee than like a monthly phone bill.

Your credit card issuer will know exactly who made the charge, even if it's not shown on your statement. Login to your account, or maybe call their number.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tango_Tango   you are welcome,   glad we could help.  

I believe you switched the solution a couple times.   I think your first instinct was correct though (the one that mentions the family member), even though the math is correct in first post, the  additional family member comment was what triggered the solution.   🙂

Tango_Tango

Thank you Mimmo,

Your math works out as a fee for a new family member using Public mobile, with the $2 autopay and $10 referral credit - well done!

Thank you everyone for your responses - amazing support through the forum!

mimmo

@Tango_Tango   is its happened before, hence why i ask, do you possibly have another account (family member)  with PM?  

could you post a  screenshot of your payment history  ?  

if not I would contact moderators and ask them to investigate  and send them a pick f the transactions from your cc

@Tango_Tango wrote:

@totalUser I was charged $12.00 + GST on May 21, $1.00 on May 26 and then 12.00 + GST again on June 20, so it appears to be an additional charge!

@Tango_Tango

Is it possible you made a manual payment of $1 on May 26?

In this case, the $1 should have been applied towards the next renewal or the amount is still sitting in your account right now?

Tango_Tango

@totalUser I was charged $12.00 + GST on May 21, $1.00 on May 26 and then 12.00 + GST again on June 20, so it appears to be an additional charge!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Tango_Tango 

Are you on 15 plan?

When you signed up you got $2 for autopay, then $10 referral then just before renewal you get another $2 good autopay.

This means your balance is 14 and your plan is 15

So your autopay kicks in and takes 1+tax (Alberta)

The other months it's 13.65, right?

Tango_Tango

The charge was from Public Mobile - with the PUBLIC MOBILE 855-4782542 BC tagline. I'm on the basic $15 per month plan, with a $2 auto pay reward and a $1 refer a friend reward, for a total of $12 plus GST per month.The charge does not show up in the self-service account, and the date of the credit card charge does not coincide with the billing cycle.

My understanding is that if I were to use all my data and call minutes, I would simply run out, as opposed to being charged for any overage. That being said, I don't use all my data or minutes!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You can check your payment history every transaction is named.

Automatic top up is named different from the manual

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tango_Tango 

Good idea to check the transaction history on your self-serve account to see if the charges match. Take note that charges shown on your account are base amounts and do not include tax.

BTW what is the merchant name/description on your credit card bill? Is it the same as your AutoPay charge? What about the date of these charges? Do you coincide with your renewal dates?

mimmo

@Tango_Tango @How far apart are the dates 30 days?

Could you have had some excess funds in you account so the system only needed to charge you 1$ + tax?

Ie 15 $ plan +-autopay X2 =4 ( if this is your second month - 10 referal credit =$1

Can you post a screenshot of your payment history from  self servepserve?in question? (Remove any personal I do)

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Tango_Tango log into your self service account see if there is a charge for $1 in there.  It looks like $1 + 5% applicable taxes.  Could you please post your payment history. Omit all personal information.  Thanks. If you don't feel comfortable sharing this information here. Contaxt the moderators and ask them to look into it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tango_Tango  What plan are you on? Are you sure the charge was from Public? Did you review you payment history via your online selfserve account. Does that charge show up?

Need Help? Let's chat.