cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

☹️☹️☹️NOW THIS.....IS TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE....COULD THIS PERSON BE BANNED PLEASE?☹️☹️☹️

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

See pic....link is in pic so is not clickable. 

E4493250-CA14-4C29-B119-80F5CAEA2464.jpeg

24 REPLIES 24

JenL

@cbx4evr I hope you were able to report it and didn't feel too violated.

@Jaskerry wrote:

I received the same email but with a different name. How do I report that?

Open the message in question. Click on "Report" at bottom right of message.

Jaskerry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received the same email but with a different name. How do I report that?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

Cannot tolerate this type of behaviour. PM should ban these individuals.

Banning won't do much considering community accounts are free and all you need is an email. To prevent this from happening it would involve new signups being unable to send private messages to users. Public Mobile is a budget system, but seriously the forum scanning software should detect this based off key words and prevent this from happening.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cbx4evr wrote:

Didn't see that user name in any of the posts in this thread but thanks for your cordial reply.

🙂

The "time stamp" in your image showed 2 weeks. Thus the old news bit.

The perpetrator(s) used many usernames and only sent to pm.

The spam bit was about ever getting spam. It's life on the internet. Delete and move on. Nothing terrible in the actual message. Just a link. As always practice safe interneting.

cbx4evr

@Anonymous wrote:Old news. Long since dealt with and blocked. Have you never received spam before?

Didn't see that user name in any of the posts in this thread but thanks for your cordial reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cbx4evr wrote:

I haven't been on here much but today found this in my Message box. Now to figure out how to report it.

Old news. Long since dealt with and blocked. Have you never received spam before?

cbx4evr

I haven't been on here much but today found this in my Message box. Now to figure out how to report it.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 2.29.42 PM.png

JenL

@iPhoneUser that's the same message....different user name but same message. I wonder if there is some company or pervert telling them what to say!! Contacted MOD.

@iPhoneUser  Looks like a case of typhoid @annmary94 

iPhoneUser

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser  Gee was I ground zero yesterday? When i posted there were no other reports....24 hours later and everyone is a target. Banning the email and IP address only goes so far....

Yes....and there is free wifi at Starbucks, Tim Hortons and Home Depot. 🤪

I wonder if this is an off shore attack?

@iPhoneUser  Gee was I ground zero yesterday? When i posted there were no other reports....24 hours later and everyone is a target. Banning the email and IP address only goes so far....

iPhoneUser

@OKA6 wrote:

already reported and moderator team replied

Here is MY reply from moderator....thanks....quick service!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. By reporting this, we have been able to identify the username and its associated IP address, so it's been banned already and this inappropriate and unsolicited type of message is no longer being delivered as a private message to any Community member.

Keep in mind that your privacy is our number one priority. No personal information has been obtained by any person. This message was randomly sent to different Community member, as the only visible information in the Community is your username (no email address, telephone number or anything else is displayed in any profile).

The situation has been contained already, by banning this and other associated profiles. We kindly ask you to ignore and delete such message. If it happens again (as we cannot control what people sends in a message) we kindly ask you to report it and let us know so we can take appropriate actions.

[Not the actual solution but best info for anyone with the issue ..........  Luddite]

OKA6

already reported and moderator team replied

iPhoneUser

@OKA6 wrote:

Hi,

I just received the same message but different user

Please report it. 

iPhoneUser

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@iPhoneUserjust report them,  There has been a rush of these messages over the last couple of days not sure if PM can do something to prevent this accounts from signing up but should look into it.

I know they can’t be prevented but perhaps new sign ups to the community should be held back until a Oracle releases it. Like  first 5 posts are in moderation before they are released. But it should be swift to ban. And yes I know it should be controlled by IP address but likely a banned user will reappear right away. 

I did report it to a moderator. 

OKA6

Hi,

I just received the same message but different user

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Cannot tolerate this type of behaviour. PM should ban these individuals.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No much PM can do to prevent spammer from get an community account.

If there is a few days wait time before letting member to post, what if those with account issues.

PM can check email address against PM account database.  But it will not be pretty.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@iPhoneUserjust report them,  There has been a rush of these messages over the last couple of days not sure if PM can do something to prevent this accounts from signing up but should look into it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just send the mods a private message with the user name.

There were a couple bots that sent the spam messages from a couple Ip addresses. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for sharing. You got Oracles' attention.

Best to report the private message. See bottom left of message.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should report the spam mail to a moderator.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help ->Click on Chat with Simon -  on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

iPhoneUser

Look at this...just signed up too. 

907CBFCA-1655-422F-9DC8-CD0897DBCDBB.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.