cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while I am here ...

Webb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone. Webb here.

I am getting such a remarkable response on my first day in the Community, I am finding it hard to keep up. So if I don't respond to all your emails don't be offended. But while I am here I think I will try another question.

My phone that not only has two slots for individual sim cards also has an expansion slot for an 8GB Micro SD memory expansion card. My local retailer says they no longer carry such a small card. Anyone out there know where I might acquire an 8GM Micro SD memory expansion card?

DW

7 REPLIES 7

Tbialy

what phone do you have you could possible go higher capacity?

___

Agreed @Webb 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Webb 

It is strange that it only take an 8gb SD card, that is very small now a days with 4k or 8k photos and videos.

Check the manual online to confirm.

I purchase my SD cards from Canada Computers, Memory Express or Visions Electronics on the West Coast.

You can get a Kingston Canvas Select Plus 16gb micro SD card from Memory Express for $2.99. 

Janam
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Try Amazon 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Webb 

Where are you located? The salesperson was probably remarking on the size,of the memory vs the suze of the card (micro). Your phone probably supports up to a 32gb micro sd card as it would have to be pretty old to only supportban 8gb card. But if so the Source may be a good option or Staples as they oten sell off older stock but research the manufacturer to ensure it has a good reputation for producing uncorruptable sd cards so you dont lose your data.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Webb  i would try amazon they have a wide variety😀 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Webb   What kind of phone is that ?  Maybe it can take more than 8GB?

Check local BestBuy, Warlmart, The Source.  They will have small SD memory card.   But price would not be the best

Check Amazon, pick something ship and shop by Amazon for slightly better protection.  They have different price and different size of cards

Need Help? Let's chat.