Did you mean: 

the BEST cheap smartphone (<200$)

Plop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In your opinion,

what is the best cheap smartphone (less than 200CAD) avaiable in the market ? 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

$200 price target seems odd to me.

I usually buy a disposable device - the cheapest cheapest Android thing I can get with a colour touchscreen. Or I buy a reliable device which has got to survive a couple years in hostile work environments - something hackable, gutsy, ruggedized, with overkill communications redundancy. The top-end brandname devices are ridiculously overpriced commodities, but if you exclude them you basically get exactly what you pay for.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes consider refurbished phones. Although my phone is nowhere near $200 to buy, I still saved a few hundred over a new version of the same phone. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Upgrade/m-p/553898

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Umidigi-phones/m-p/527485

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Umidigi-F1/m-p/563075

@Plop 

The phones and hardware board has several threads on reasonably priced phones. Many members own various models of Umidigi phones.....heres a few threads about them..

@Plop...check out bestbuy.ca for refurb'd cell phones at various price points. Two years ago, I bought an iPhone SE with 128gb for about $200. Just this summer had to replace the battery ($50 ish)They do have several different brands if you're not into iPhones. Me thinks that option is better than taking a chance on a used phone from kiji, craigslist or ebay.

Plop

It sounds pretty amazing ! I never thought about refurbished phones !

I will take a look at it.

Thank you for you answer 🙂

Patchzilla

I'm not sure which models you'll find for your exact budget, but check out Xiaomi phones, they are excellent quality phone and compete with flagship models from much larger brands at prices between $2-400 depending on the model you choose to go with.

For example, the Redmi Note 8 can be picked up for under $250.

I have the Mi 9t myself and it has been amazing. It packs in features that are usually found in recent flagship models from one plus etc, amazing camera, fast, responsive and reliable and ridiculously good on battery life.

Alternatively, try looking at refurbished handsets for a huge discount or older models of more recently released handsets. If you're not too fussy about having a brand new sealed in box handset, you can pick up some great deals this way.

I only bought refurbished handsets for years after breaking free of phone contracts and never paid more than $200 for phones that were flagship models from the likes of Sony etc, yes I was 6-12 months behind the latest trends, but I got a quality handset at an unbeatable price and they were always in such pristine condition that you wouldn't be able to tell they weren't new (they are usually open box returns that have never been used).

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yanzhiqiang I think its actually 300$ CAD. The moto GFast is a good phone.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Screenshot_2020-08-01-22-40-13-699_com.android.chrome.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.