cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unofficial" Bravo Leaderboard

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Recently I posted a screenshot of the old bravo leaderboard that used to be available for community members to view but was removed because the thought was it was encouraging competition among members. More recently it seems the removal has caused a lack of accountability both on the part of pm to ensure that members recieve their community rewards that they have earned and on members to not exploit the lack of traceability of "earned" bravos. I thought members may be interested in the current rankings and how they may or may not have changed in the past year and half.

*Note: These are estimates only and are by no means official. 

"Unofficial" Bravo Leaderboard for September 2021

1. 891  darlicious
  2. 776  softech
  3. 654  z10user4
  4. 437  esjliv
  5. 400  hTideGnow
  6. 395  S--S
  7. 375  computergeek541
  8. 370  t_p 
  9. 360  JK8
  10. 315  Triguy
  11. 299  Dunkman
  12. 181  barrascuk
  13. 169  pkaraa
  14. 161  AE_Collector
  15. 160  hairbag1
  16. 110  BlueB
  17. 107  BKNS27
  18. 104  Nezgar
  19.  98   Meow
  20.  91   Yummy
  21.  86   Lieux
  22.  77   LeePublic
  23.  74   will13am
  24.  71   Korth
  25.  70   Quigley
  26.  65   mimmo
  27.  61   macsal
  28.  58   SD08
  29.  57   carlaspapa
  30.  55   popping
  31.  52   ShawnC13
  32.  49   bluejaywpg
  33.  47   NDesai
  34.  46   chainsawcowboy
  35.  45   srlawren
  36.  43   CFpartDeux
  37.  42   barndoor
  38.  42   jivetalker
  39.  41   namu
  40.  40   staliger
  41.  38   jib_tech
  42.  38   Dtack
  43.  36   LurganleUk
  44.  36   danielj
  45.  36   gpixel4

The last full months Bravo Leaderboard is from April 2020.

Screenshot_20200430-230626~2.pngScreenshot_20200430-230619~2.pngScreenshot_20200430-230642~4.png

51 REPLIES 51

@softech 

total post/bravo count isn't as important as you might think. especially for the higher rewards. a member can have a lower total post/bravo count and still leap over another member

here's a good read

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Community-State/td-p/524534

the current condition of the community isn't as bad as you might think...

@ShawnC13  and the irony to the post you quoted... the person replied your comment and he got an extra post count out of it.. sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : The one user does it frequently with impunity. So does it become the model for newbs to follow? Maybe it has.

And just to be clear...little asides and brief bits of socializing are of course fine as this is, after all, trying to be a so-called community. You've surely noticed that I rarely say anything about longer asides getting hacked and whacked. But I can find some ire on those rare occasions. 🙂

@Anonymous yes I agree we know who everyone is talking about, but that post I quoted just floored me at the attitude that is around here.  It is ok to just post the same info 30 HOURS after a solution was chosen and they don't take time to read the threads?!?!?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Everybody here knows exactly who we're all talking about with this.

The person in your thread is somewhat new and I'm liking the somewhat harder approach the Oracles are taking on this to nudge folks towards quality. As are some regulars. There are some other regulars coming in with repeat answers somewhat later too. What's unfortunate is that that can become a model for newer folks. Like "oh you can do that?".

I'd be interested to know how much backchannel gibberish you get from the particular user though or unjustifiably reported going nowhere and of course them indefensibly defending their ways.

But I also agree with one regular that it can be fine with different ways of saying things. But come on...a copy/paste of the Get Help pages is not any kind of new way of saying something...repeated. And of course fine with a certain nuance that hasn't been mentioned or some kind of gotcha or whatever.

I think this has come to more attention with the egregious abuse of the concept of the forum from one particular user. And then yes many hours later adding with just another repeat answer.

No darlicious I don't agree with dumping the top contributors announcement to the lounge. Although it seems to be rather awol. I wonder if they're just not going to bother anymore.

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dump them down to one big pot o' crap in the lounge. Call it the Repetitive Answer Thread.

Love that idea.. i was thinking to move the post in the Lounge but didn't know how to action.. the idea of a thread called "pot o' crap" is nice..

and at the end of the month, we will have a post of Top Crap Contributor of the month!!! LoL

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Dump them down to one big pot o' crap in the lounge. Call it the Repetitive Answer Thread.

Love that idea.. i was thinking to move the post in the Lounge but didn't know how to action.. the idea of a thread called "pot o' crap" is nice..

and at the end of the month, we will have a post of Top Crap Contributor of the month!!! LoL

@softech, and @Anonymous, like this post where a member posted 30 hours after a solution was chosen, and then when it was mentioned about repetitive posts they respond with this.  This is truly the issue with the forum right now in this one post.

Solved: Re: not with any provider - Community (publicmobile.ca)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 

I agree let's keep it on the low 😉

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

There has long been an underlying tension between the community membership and the oracle team. While for the most part the oracles are respected we both know there has been times when either "side" has felt disrespected. The more open and willingness by the team to share some of their role or explain the choices they make when asked or even dare I say it reconsider a decision they have made the less misunderstanding can occur.

@darlicious, actually I don't think "There has long been an underlying tension between the community membership and the Oracle Team".  As I said in another post there was shift in the customer base and the membership here and I would say that any tension has been for the last 1.5-2 years.  Other long time members may have a different take on that and always open for them to put in there thoughts as well.

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree that excess posts of the repeat answer should be expunged. Dump them down to one big pot o' crap in the lounge. Call it the Repetitive Answer Thread. So then a line gets drawn and then those worst offenders will squeak in under that line to do the same thing. Sigh.

I dunno...1 hour? All the regulars around at the time will have answered the OP sufficiently by then especially if the OP is in it. Different wording and all. Or newbs will have had a chance to post. Or the regulars will have exhausted all the speculative possibilities. Any other repeat answers can get dumped...especially by "those" regulars.

@Anonymous, when I first started here which will be 5 years in a couple of weeks there weren't many repetitive posts, and if people had nothing to add they wouldn't make a post.  It was weird it was almost an "understood rule", but back then it was all "tech" savvy people as it was all online activation.  Once PM went a retail model the customer base shifted and so did the community and how things went in here.  There were a lot more issues back then as well and a top bravo getter was around 500-600 a month.

@gpixel, the reason people would receive rewards even if they haven't participated that month is  (especially if they were a heavy user) their older posts would still earn bravos.  Therefore it would qualify them for rewards.

#16!

the good ol' days when the battle for supremacy was extreme!

maybe pm has clued in to those ol' timers coming in and replying once a month and expecting a reward...

rewards are calculated on how you contribute. if the members contribution is less than the previous month and you were only rewarded $1, than next month that member will not qualify.

this can be confirmed by getting to the top 1% and then not participating in future months. without any participation, there were members that were in the top percentile and they were able to acquire all rewards($10/$5/$2/$1) even without participating. gblackma is one

if we really want to investigate, then we would need to know previous and current posts/bravo's for the past months.

@Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

That is another "serious offence" that Oracles and PM should look into it. Once in a while is ok.. but I really annoyed seeing them do this daily.. earn as many as 10 posts every morning when they "start their shift".

And then they accuse others of working here. Funny line. For some users none of this matters. Heck they won't even understand what we're talking about. They'll carry on in that they're doing nothing wrong.

I agree that excess posts of the repeat answer should be expunged. Dump them down to one big pot o' crap in the lounge. Call it the Repetitive Answer Thread. So then a line gets drawn and then those worst offenders will squeak in under that line to do the same thing. Sigh.

I dunno...1 hour? All the regulars around at the time will have answered the OP sufficiently by then especially if the OP is in it. Different wording and all. Or newbs will have had a chance to post. Or the regulars will have exhausted all the speculative possibilities. Any other repeat answers can get dumped...especially by "those" regulars.

Edit: by the way

@darlicious wrote:

evidenced by their rare appearance if any in the lounge.

haha.. not everyone like the drinks in the Lounge as much as us.. 

and .. I do need someone to talk to   LoL

@darlicious wrote:

Trust me every one of the 15 members with a $0 reward this month have been members a minimum of two years up to 6 years. It bumped at least 2 newcomers up to the top 10%, several others up to the top 25% and many, many more that I didn't track into earning their first community reward.

Yes. you have the stats.. not something I can argue with you  👍

@darlicious wrote:

I whole heartedly agree there are a few serial repeaters in the top 5% whose contributions add little value but have perfected their craft to consistently earn the numbers to comfortably stay at the same badge level 

That is another "serious offence" that Oracles and PM should look into it. Once in a while is ok.. but I really annoyed seeing them do this daily.. earn as many as 10 posts every morning when they "start their shift".

@softech 

Trust me every one of the 15 members with a $0 reward this month have been members a minimum of two years up to 6 years. It bumped at least 2 newcomers up to the top 10%, several others up to the top 25% and many, many more that I didn't track into earning their first community reward.

I whole heartedly agree there are a few serial repeaters in the top 5% whose contributions add little value but have perfected their craft to consistently earn the numbers to comfortably stay at the same badge level evidenced by their rare appearance if any in the lounge. You will never see them wasting their words in a thread like this one......where as I will argue my point til the cows come home......"moo" point that it is!🤣🤣🤣

@darlicious wrote:

Rather showing up for one minute once a month to say "Congratulations! Keep up the good work!" Don't you wish you were rewarded $0.03 per letter typed? 

@darlicious  , I guess it could be 0.11 per letters for the person smart enough to just reply:  Congrats!

Honest, I don't mind some members earn get the $1 that way.  Afterall, it's not that many.  As I said, it gives some encouragement for rookies members, give them some incentive to stay on.  

I rather reward the $1 than rewarding those who just replies old posts from the day before with the same info posted many times already 12 hours ago. 

Those who like to do this are no rookies, they are Mayors here.   First thing they do everyday when they logon is to go though all posts they "missed" the previous day, reply with the same information as replied by others many times already.    There simply no "added-value" at all.  I understand people all replied within 5 mins and the comment are pretty much the same.  I even accept the fact if they reply back the same info maybe after an hour or even 2 hours or eve 5 hours.  But the next day for posts like 12 hours ago?  Do we really need someone to write a "end of thread" summary?   They are here long enough and they know exactly what they are doing.. They know this "recycling" old threads trick can easily bump them  to $10 rewards monthly. 

I see some Oracles already give kind comment to those involved.. but that didn't change their habits.  Talking about knock down on questionable practice, I think Oracles should be given authority to delete posts like this so their posts and bravo counts won't count. 

@softech 

Actually it affects about 15 members that will not get their usual $1 reward and about 10 who will get $1 instead of $2 and opens up that many more rewards for members who have either been great OP's who responded well to questions asked of them or new members who have participated for the first time in the community and earned their bravos by posting, sharing and contributing to the best that they can and being rewarded for their efforts.

Rather showing up for one minute once a month to say "Congratulations! Keep up the good work!" Don't you wish you were rewarded $0.03 per letter typed? Of course my efforts have been devalued just the same by my thread being sent to the abyss.....at $0.03 a letter I could retire on my posts in this thread alone!😎

@ShawnC13 wrote:

This is the same as top contributors, just the Bravo version.  If PM approved the move of the top contributors I don't see how they would treat similar top-whatever threads

So, the Top contributors announcement will be in the Lounge now or will be locked ?  Personally, I do not support the decision

I understand some people get enough bravos to get $1 or even $2 by just posting "Good work everyone".. Those thread are usually 7 pages.. so, I assume there are around 70 replies.  There are likely 20 members here will get the reward with or without those bravos.  So, maybe 50 users are really benefiting from that thread.  Then, this thread only cost $50 out of PM 's pocket.  Such a big deal for PM? 

To me, the $1 from thread like this really encouraged new members to stay with the community and give them incentive to follow the community and get involved.

Of course, my decision will not make any difference.  but just to voice out what I see

@ShawnC13 

No I don't need to know of your other much more important commitments (life!) unless you wanted to share it personally and privately. I am merely noticing that as the members of the team have grown their presence in the community as a whole has diminished. Should the community not be curious and want to understand how the roles may have changed or the direction of the team? Or does the team or pm prefer the oracles to be shrouded in a veil mystery?

There has long been an underlying tension between the community membership and the oracle team. While for the most part the oracles are respected we both know there has been times when either "side" has felt disrespected. The more open and willingness by the team to share some of their role or explain the choices they make when asked or even dare I say it reconsider a decision they have made the less misunderstanding can occur.

I may be more vocal than most and yes I do constantly question.....mostly out of curiosity but when I get asked the questions because members are too intimidated, or shy or new or otherwise to ask the question themselves they often ask me ( I can't speak for other regulars) so I ask the "hard" questions and in a way try to break down that wall per se and help communicate your roles, your personalities (if I can) and generally remind everyone we are just fellow customers and humans alike.  Sometimes a team needs less defense and a little more offense to make everyone happy.

Ultimately our end game is the same even if our playbooks are different. It doesnt mean we cant be open to sharing new methodology when it comes along so that we can all work together to achieve a common goal.....a better community for everyone.

@darlicious, there shouldn't be a need for Oracles to mention what they are doing daily for PM, but if you need to know I will probably be adding another 1-3 hours (depending on free time) of more testing today.  Personal obligations have always taken priority over the community.  Do I need to let the community know that my workload at work has tripled in the last year with co-workers retiring and not being replaced, that I am in the middle of a stretch of working Sunday's (so 6 days a week) until December 12th?  This is all commitments outside of here and personal stuff that others don't need to know, but it seems like that is what you are asking.  I don't know what it is like for each Oracle because I don't need to know about there personal life outside of PM.

@ShawnC13 

Point taken. See......feedback.😊 Maybe if we knew more about what oracles do behind the scenes we (or maybe just I?) wouldn't necessarily question why we so much less of the oracles online than we have in the past. I may be the only one to bring it up ( big mouth and all!😃) but I am sure I am not the only one wondering where are y'all?

When the presence of all team members was much more obvious in the past it does beg the question? Or rather several.....? Correct me if I am wrong but the team's help in the community is the primary role is it not? Or given work/family/life commitments oracles can choose to only commit to "behind the scenes" obligations for the most part? Has the role of an oracle changed over the past year or so since Melinda has taken over as the lead that a community presence is less important if personal commitments/life don't allow the time?

I appreciate the time you are taking to answer my questions so there are less misconceptions and a better understanding of the role so it can be passed onto to other members curious about what oracles do and who may be inspired to one day also be considered to fulfill the position of an oracle.

This "healthy" discussion may have gone way off the original topic but its been insightful at least and I'm sure for at least one member worthy of a bowl or two popcorn! Old habits die hard!😉😁

@darlicious The take-it-up with PM isn't a cop-out. There are continual posts with subtle shots directed at participation levels so instead, why wouldn't you bring concerns up to PM?  Did you know today alone many Oracles spent between 1-3 hours(maybe more) testing something for PM? Last week we had a 1.5-hour conference call and this was 4 PM Pacific so 7-830 Eastern.  That is a serious commitment when you are doing that during your dinner or rushing from work to get to these items, and the calls aren't like browsing the community where you can still interact with the family.

@ShawnC13 

.....and you know full well that is impossible for me to do but I do frequently look at the users online  but of course if a member is incognito then that would be a useless exercise in itself. You asked in another thread what I expect from oracles.....well I expect them to participate/contribute on a regular basis. You may be defending the team as a whole but I honestly believe that even you don't believe that every team member is contributing their fair share. I don't expect you to answer that.....had I wanted to be an Oracle my participation level would have stayed the same not dropped off because participation no longer is tied to the reward.

I know statistics don't always reflect the time put in but there are not that many behind the scenes tasks to say that my "argument" does not have merit. Nor mean that having the discussion in public isnt warranted. This catch all phrase whenever the oracle team may face criticism from community members...."Take it up with pm." is a cop out! Please do you really want me to do that? You know if I do I will have gathered opinions and a petition to back up my points. All I want is a healthy discussion we dont need to go to a "change the program from within" stance again do we? Once I make a commitment I do follow it through......🤔😉😃!!!

@darlicious if you have issues with how the Oracle program is run take it up with PM.  As for participation level would you like us to add to the 15 posts already made.  It is quite easy to get post and Bravo count up.  Have you looked at hours of participation to see how much time people are spending in here?

@ShawnC13 

Lol....except the top contributors barely contains any info anymore other than the number of contributors in the top 3 levels and the amount of solutions each month. But I know my argument is moot......but I will see what else I can come up with to keep the team busy and up the participation levels. As you can clearly see that since the bravo leaderboard disappeared along with accountability the participation levels of some team members is waaaaaaaaay down!😃

This is the same as top contributors, just the Bravo version.  If PM approved the move of the top contributors I don't see how they would treat similar top-whatever threads

@BlueB 

It's always ever-changing.....just a lot of assumptions and good guesses.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I suppose I'm guilty as charged, but regardless truly do appreciate the unofficial observations from @darlicious.  Have you figured out a formula that works well-enough with the official monthly announcements?

@ShawnC13 

.....and you put it back on track and normally one would remove the off topic parts of thread to the lounge and leave the rest of the thread in the original board.

Edit:

....and I count 4 possibly off topic posts.

You do read the replies in this thread and saw how fast they were off-topic and talking about electricity subsidies and such correct?

Need Help? Let's chat.