cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softech
Mayor / Maire

Re: "Unofficial" Bravo Leaderboard

@z10user4 wrote:

Dump them down to one big pot o' crap in the lounge. Call it the Repetitive Answer Thread.

Love that idea.. i was thinking to move the post in the Lounge but didn't know how to action.. the idea of a thread called "pot o' crap" is nice..

and at the end of the month, we will have a post of Top Crap Contributor of the month!!! LoL

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

#16!

the good ol' days when the battle for supremacy was extreme!

maybe pm has clued in to those ol' timers coming in and replying once a month and expecting a reward...

rewards are calculated on how you contribute. if the members contribution is less than the previous month and you were only rewarded $1, than next month that member will not qualify.

this can be confirmed by getting to the top 1% and then not participating in future months. without any participation, there were members that were in the top percentile and they were able to acquire all rewards($10/$5/$2/$1) even without participating. gblackma is one

if we really want to investigate, then we would need to know previous and current posts/bravo's for the past months.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@gpixel4, the reason people would receive rewards even if they haven't participated that month is  (especially if they were a heavy user) their older posts would still earn bravos.  Therefore it would qualify them for rewards.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

ShawnC13
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

I agree that excess posts of the repeat answer should be expunged. Dump them down to one big pot o' crap in the lounge. Call it the Repetitive Answer Thread. So then a line gets drawn and then those worst offenders will squeak in under that line to do the same thing. Sigh.

I dunno...1 hour? All the regulars around at the time will have answered the OP sufficiently by then especially if the OP is in it. Different wording and all. Or newbs will have had a chance to post. Or the regulars will have exhausted all the speculative possibilities. Any other repeat answers can get dumped...especially by "those" regulars.

@z10user4, when I first started here which will be 5 years in a couple of weeks there weren't many repetitive posts, and if people had nothing to add they wouldn't make a post.  It was weird it was almost an "understood rule", but back then it was all "tech" savvy people as it was all online activation.  Once PM went a retail model the customer base shifted and so did the community and how things went in here.  There were a lot more issues back then as well and a top bravo getter was around 500-600 a month.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

ShawnC13
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13 

There has long been an underlying tension between the community membership and the oracle team. While for the most part the oracles are respected we both know there has been times when either "side" has felt disrespected. The more open and willingness by the team to share some of their role or explain the choices they make when asked or even dare I say it reconsider a decision they have made the less misunderstanding can occur.

@darlicious, actually I don't think "There has long been an underlying tension between the community membership and the Oracle Team".  As I said in another post there was shift in the customer base and the membership here and I would say that any tension has been for the last 1.5-2 years.  Other long time members may have a different take on that and always open for them to put in there thoughts as well.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

I agree let's keep it on the low 😉

ShawnC13
Oracle

@softech wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

Dump them down to one big pot o' crap in the lounge. Call it the Repetitive Answer Thread.

Love that idea.. i was thinking to move the post in the Lounge but didn't know how to action.. the idea of a thread called "pot o' crap" is nice..

and at the end of the month, we will have a post of Top Crap Contributor of the month!!! LoL

@softech wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@softech, and @z10user4, like this post where a member posted 30 hours after a solution was chosen, and then when it was mentioned about repetitive posts they respond with this.  This is truly the issue with the forum right now in this one post.

Solved: Re: not with any provider - Community (publicmobile.ca)

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 : Everybody here knows exactly who we're all talking about with this.

The person in your thread is somewhat new and I'm liking the somewhat harder approach the Oracles are taking on this to nudge folks towards quality. As are some regulars. There are some other regulars coming in with repeat answers somewhat later too. What's unfortunate is that that can become a model for newer folks. Like "oh you can do that?".

I'd be interested to know how much backchannel gibberish you get from the particular user though or unjustifiably reported going nowhere and of course them indefensibly defending their ways.

But I also agree with one regular that it can be fine with different ways of saying things. But come on...a copy/paste of the Get Help pages is not any kind of new way of saying something...repeated. And of course fine with a certain nuance that hasn't been mentioned or some kind of gotcha or whatever.

I think this has come to more attention with the egregious abuse of the concept of the forum from one particular user. And then yes many hours later adding with just another repeat answer.

No darlicious I don't agree with dumping the top contributors announcement to the lounge. Although it seems to be rather awol. I wonder if they're just not going to bother anymore.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@z10user4 yes I agree we know who everyone is talking about, but that post I quoted just floored me at the attitude that is around here.  It is ok to just post the same info 30 HOURS after a solution was chosen and they don't take time to read the threads?!?!?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 : The one user does it frequently with impunity. So does it become the model for newbs to follow? Maybe it has.

And just to be clear...little asides and brief bits of socializing are of course fine as this is, after all, trying to be a so-called community. You've surely noticed that I rarely say anything about longer asides getting hacked and whacked. But I can find some ire on those rare occasions. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.