cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

phone option

This phone is a year old based on release date.  The price is not bad.  Given that it is an android one phone, it will receive android pie via google and who knows, it might get the next edition Q, whatever that stands for.  BHP ships to Canada and has a good track record with Canadian buyers.  This is an option for those who are not comfortable with buying from overseas sellers.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1449873-REG/moto_pa8s0024us_moto_x4_android_one.html

Mayor / Maire

Re: phone option

Thanks @will13am, but why not post this in Phones & Hardware area?  It's on topic...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

I like the US price if it was Canadian Dollars lol

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Highlighted
Oracle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Me too (not the movement)!  I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, there are a lot of negatives that go with it. 

Oracle

@srlawren wrote:

Thanks @will13am, but why not post this in Phones & Hardware area?  It's on topic...

There are a number of members with elbows out these days jockeying for position to becoming an oracle.  I don't want to get in the way of anyone's aspirations.  Smiley Very Happy

Oracle

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Me too (not the movement)!  I don't want to turn this into a political discussion, there are a lot of negatives that go with it. 

LOL @will13am you get the latest update for Essential release a couple of days ago?  Haven't done a sim swap yet but I might soon to get it.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

LOL @will13am you get the latest update for Essential release a couple of days ago?  Haven't done a sim swap yet but I might soon to get it.

Still on the December security patch.  I am tired of wearing out the SIM tray, I will wait.  BTW, the wife got a Koodo sourced LG G7 One from the Mobile Shop during boxing week.  Yeah, I know I always say friends don't let friends get LG G phones because of all the historical hardware issues.  I have to make exceptions because sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. The first thing that happened when the G7 One was turned on was a notification that pie December update was available with suggestion to charge the battery because the level was too low to accommodate an OS update.  This is the first android one phone experience and I am really liking the OS experience.  The price was right too.  With PCO points, it is about half the cost of the PH-1. 

Oracle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You mean the January patch released on Monday? First time ever on my Pixel 2, it gave me a notification to install it without going into settings to update. I never have to swap sims, why do you guys have to? Smiley Tongue

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

@will13am wrote:

This phone is a year old based on release date.  The price is not bad.  Given that it is an android one phone, it will receive android pie via google and who knows, it might get the next edition Q, whatever that stands for.  BHP ships to Canada and has a good track record with Canadian buyers.  This is an option for those who are not comfortable with buying from overseas sellers.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1449873-REG/moto_pa8s0024us_moto_x4_android_one.html

I'm not so sure that this phone is part of the Android One program.  I know that b&h does say Android One.  My understanding was that only the version with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage space will receive those super quick updates.  I very well could be mistaken about that, or perhaps Lenovo released a 3/32 Android One version later on.

I actually had this phone before but decided not to keep it and then just resold it (wasn't happy with the call quality). 

This model was actually a little cheaper a few weeks ago (the one with the Amazon voice software that can't even be used in Canada), I believe around $220 (CAD). 

Oracle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I'm not so sure that this phone is not part of the Android One program.  My understanding was that only the version with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage space will receive those super quick updates.

I actually had this phone before but decided not to keep it and then just resold it (wasn't happy with the call quality). 

This model was actually a little cheaper a few weeks ago, I believe around $220 (CAD). 

I did check on the google site to confirm.  I assume the information on the BHP site is accurate. 

https://www.android.com/phones/moto-x4/