cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

once data limit is reached it will be cut off, will be leaving

vinnyc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

once data limit is reached it will no longer be working unless you purchase a data addon, will be leaving for a new provider that offer same pricing but will throttle the data once limit is reached instead of cutting it off, eg chattr, lucky, ya i know its going to be slow but some is better than nothing when stuck in the middle of nowhere and just need some info from google.

18 REPLIES 18

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Give it a try...we'll be here when you get back.

Good luck.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

That is completely your choice. PM offers some perks other companies don't.

If data even at snail speed is important to you, please pick provider offering exactly that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Ok

dust2dust
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes indeed, is the value of the rewards you're getting after all this time worth the unlimited slow data? Does it make the net of your payment per month worth it.

I like to think of the data add-ons here as the unlimited, overflow, available data on hand. Then those add-ons go back and wait until you need it again. That's your overage.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is that what they are? Prepaid unlimited data? It just turns to commodore 64 speed at a certain point? You learn something new everyday.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@vinnyc 

The lower tier of Rogers (Chatr), Bell (Lucky) all run on 3G.

Remember once you leave PM, your will lose all your Rewards.

Good luck.

vinnyc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if its such a low speed thats its a joke why not just offer it, its the little things that count ......isnt it?

i didnt think that i would need it but you never know until it happens. pm has a +2gb data /month top up for 12mnths but only for new customers, i guess after a couple of years of being a customer its still better to be a new one

@vinnyc 

Agree but you need a new SIM on a $25+ plan.

You will also be on the new Points system and will also lose the $2 discount for AutoPay, $1 discount/year with PM and all the referrals discounts.

What plan are you on? $15?

walker1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vinnyc

If you're Lucky, you'll not only find the unlimited throttled data useful but also the very useful App. Give it a try, change can be good sometimes.