cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old phone number

79lemmonjr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I want to port out a specific phone number that I previously had a few months ago with public. its still not in service with anyone else when I call it. is this possible? 

11 REPLIES 11

parkerremy2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Were you able to get it figured out? 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@79lemmonjr  The only way you MIGHT be able to accomplish your goal, since it sounds like your previous Public Mobile account has been closed would be to sign up with another NEW account, picking a random new number, and after the account is activated contacting the Customer Service Agents and very nicely asking if there's any possibility of recovering your previous number. They may or may not - YMMV. This also requires that the number was originally with Telus Mobility, Koodo, or Public Mobile and was not ported in from another provider.

parkerremy2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Of course! anything is possible you just have to do the necessary leg work and follow up. good luck!

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yup @HALIMACS👍

It looks like @79lemmonjr confirmed the number had been with public mobile.

If that's the case, there's still a chance that TELUS or KOODO could pull it into one of their services ( if that's where you're moving to... otherwise no chance)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Out of luck unfortunately - you could have ported it out when you initially changed but if it has been months, no dice by the looks of it.

79lemmonjr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It belonged to Public Mobile when I was using it. 

I disagree @computergeek541 

Maybe the intent of that response was to perhaps suggest there is a possibility the new provider may be able to acquire the number from the available database of numbers.

Chances are definitively slim and it is entirely dependant which mobile provider originally issued the number.

Is that what your meant,  @Spudster ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@79lemmonjr 

Was the phone number originally from public mobile? Or a koodo or telus number? When you gave up the phone number it is released back to its original provider. Released phone numbers are put in a hold number pool generally for 60 to 90 days depending on demand so they can on occasion be released after 30 days but this is unusual. Recovering the phone number is only possible by making the request and activating with the provider that owns the phone number or one of its flanker brands.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@Spudster wrote:

@79lemmonjr 

This is something you would have to ask to the new mobile provider you're activating with.

I will be honest, the chances are slim, however it's worthy of an ask of the new provider.

That isn't correct.  An inactive number can't be ported at all and there wouldn't be any reason to ask the new carrier.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@79lemmonjr  - you cannot port from one Public Mobile account to another Public Mobile account number. Porting out closes your current account.

You could try and change your phone number in your self serve account to another number. If you know the city the phone number should exist under, search that city or try other locations near it to see if other options show up that could be your number.

See article on how to change your number in you self serve account: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If this number you are searching for was originally a number that belonged to Telus, and you know it is not assigned now, you could contact CSA and see if they can 'pull some strings', although I do not think they are supposed to (do this.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@79lemmonjr 

This is something you would have to ask to the new mobile provider you're activating with.

I will be honest, the chances are slim, however it's worthy of an ask of the new provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.