cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not a problem but ..

Chandell25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just think this is a cool idea, especially right now I'm bored and have some free time and found this "help the community" I never knew what it was first but found out that just responding or liking a post saves me a $ or more+ on my phone bill. Who else thinks this is awesome? Good business marketing? Or whatever they are doing lol

15 REPLIES 15

Gwenel

Great explanation.  I am still wandering through learning as I go

Chandell25
okay!

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree totally.  Very clever site.

@Chandell25 wrote:

thank you!

that is very interesting, i don't live close to the american boarder so i haven't faced that problem.. if that is actually a problem? and i have not had any issues with rewards (yet) all i was receiving until now was autopay, so i don't have much negative to say about pm. My only issue is a phone number problem which i posted about on a different topic,(basically my own fault/lack of info while i was doing it)  i have been waiting for a mod to get in contacct with me. Also i did notice i get 1gb of data promo every month now free of charge, which is good along with the rewards for being active in the community Smiley Happy

@Chandell25  no issues with USA border. The thing with Public Mobile is everything is paid in advance. So there is NEVER Extra charges.

As for your comment on "waiting for a moderator to get back to you" please allow 24/48 hours as that's the typical time frame 

Chandell25

thank you!

that is very interesting, i don't live close to the american boarder so i haven't faced that problem.. if that is actually a problem? and i have not had any issues with rewards (yet) all i was receiving until now was autopay, so i don't have much negative to say about pm. My only issue is a phone number problem which i posted about on a different topic,(basically my own fault/lack of info while i was doing it)  i have been waiting for a mod to get in contacct with me. Also i did notice i get 1gb of data promo every month now free of charge, which is good along with the rewards for being active in the community Smiley Happy

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Chandell25 

Welcome to the community

Yes what a contrast to Rogers or Bell.

You will notice couple of things while with public mobile, you should never be charged for something you didn't buy. Many are so used to nasty surprises that you will see messages here like 'i came too close to the border and I might have got connected to an American tower, how much is it gonna cost me and is there something I can do about it' and if there is a mistake charge by the system (like your rewards not being credited to you correctly) you are two messages away from fixing it

You will also notice that your bill is not going up. The price of the plan that offers same product as yours may go up ort down (since I've been here it is usually down) but that will not affect your bill, you are still gonna pay the same you picked. And you can change it with 3 clicks if it goes down (you can lock into a promo price by scheduling switch at your renewal so that price will be guaranteed for you) they did up the plan price once for legacy customers who had access to human cs through 611 but they have option of switching to new plan or switching to Koodo with the same price. Once they announced the price change of another plan, but after very negative public response public mobile did stick to its public and abandoned the increase.

And they also offer the community an opportunity to help keeping the costs down with this model of support. And they do reward you for participation, it's very nice

Thanks for choosing my response as the solution @Chandell25 . Welcome to PM . 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Shame on you @Jb456 . Shame on you. 😉. @darlicious at least a PM doctorate🍌 . Welcome to the community @Chandell25 .

@Jb456 wrote:

@Chandell25 wrote:
Right on, I just started using this didn’t know what place to post it! Thanks

You're welcome. You'll be a wiz in no time. Everyone is very helpful.

Soon you'll have a public mobile degree like @darlicious . She'll let you know what's up 😂😂

@Chandell25 wrote:

You're welcome. You'll be a wiz in no time. Everyone is very helpful.

Soon you'll have a public mobile degree like @darlicious . She'll let you know what's up 😂😂

Chandell25

@Chandell25 wrote:

can I transfer this myself or what?

@Chandell25  no unfortunately not. We need an Oracle to do the transfer to put it in the right section.

On top left the "browse" button. Click that and you will see all the different sections of the forums that one can post to.

Since this is not an issue and just somewhat chatter it should be in the lounge section.

Don't worry they'll take care of it 🙂

Chandell25

can I transfer this myself or what?

Chandell25
You’re right! And i only heard of this place when I was checking out cell phones for sale in Walmart electronic section a couple years ago and the guy at the cell phone kiosk asked if I had a phone company yet, and then explained public mobile to me and I thought it was a great deal compared to virgin or Kodoo, and especially bell mobility. I guess as long as you have a cell phone already it is a good option

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Chandell25 Its relies heavily on word of mouth, the internet being it's only presence. And the rewards and badge system keeps community members interested.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to the forums and to Public Mobile. 

Read, learn about the self serve account and when you feel comfortable enough start answering questions. Any help is appreciated and you never know you just might receive a community reward.

Oracles can you please transfer thread to the lounge area?? @computergeek541 @Luddite 

Need Help? Let's chat.