Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looking forward to being a part of this community

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: new member

@Erta wrote:

Looking forward to being a part of this community

Welcome aboard. Read lots. Answer fast or something new. See where the chips fall each month.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Erta 

Welcome to public mobile! Have a look around. Check out the different boards.Read some threads . Reply to some posts if you have an opinion or can share your experience. If you cant find an answer ask a question. Just find the appropriate  board ie "Rewards". Bravo good answers. Award solutions when you get one. Use the search bar to find answers.  check out the lounge when your sick of public mobile phone babble.......just generally hang out and learn and meet some fellow users and you never know next month you might even get a community reward.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am also a new member! Cheers!

Does anyone know exactly how the rewards tiers are calculated? Looking forward to being an active participant in the community.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@KingAlex maybe... I can give you an estimate on how much time you need to spend in the forum's to reach certain levels

top 25-50%(up in the air anything can happen)

top 10%/week

3-4 days(2-3hr) of helping customers questions

top 5%/week

6-7 days(2-4hr) of helping customers

top 1%/week

7 days(5hr+) of helping customers

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@KingAlex 

I think @gpixel4 estimates are overly optimistic. The top 50% and top 25% levels are reasonably easy to achieve time wise and just require some regular contributions. However the top 25% level can vary widely with as little as 60 minutes per month contributing at the right time and place up to 60 hours (3600 min) per month with poor timing. 

The top 10% can be achieved with good timing at a normal pace and about 5000 minutes online per month. Top 5% and top 1% require 10000+ minutes per month with the top 1% requiring boatloads of knowledge, a wealth of copy and paste files of stock answers and lightning fast keyboard skills and constant page refreshing. A full time job would be a serious handicap to achieve and maintain this level but has been done and i suspect was achieved yet again for the month of September.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpixel4 wrote:

@KingAlex maybe... I can give you an estimate on how much time you need to spend in the forum's to reach certain levels

top 25-50%(up in the air anything can happen)

top 10%/week

3-4 days(2-3hr) of helping customers questions

top 5%/week

6-7 days(2-4hr) of helping customers

top 1%/week

7 days(5hr+) of helping customers

I would say those numbers are far off. 2 to 4 hours per week over the course of a month isn't going to come close to the time needed to achive top 5% in a month. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Funny. I interpreted it as per day. 6 - 7 days each week and 2 - 4 hours each of those days.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

yeah, @z10user4 has got it.

I'm going to be surprised if you are not in the top 1%. cause this is going to be the second month you've overshot me.(my calculations on how I think the formula is)

my numbers are actually close to yours @darlicious, except yours are based off everyday.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I leave my computer and account logged in all day. I come and go. I might even do some posting on mobile if something catches my interest. So where do you stats-mavens get your time estimates from? Which I've said are not true for me.

Need Help? Let's chat.