cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just an update---i grew up seeing this man on most late night shows during the eighties--90 ies

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth : lol Then he just wants to. It's his business. His life.

@Anonymous 

I agree, starving artists gotta hustle pay bills like everyone else. Even when they're retired octogenarians with only the lowest of noble titles and a bank balance falling dangerously close to around $70M.

I guess Sir Captain Picard is really hungry now that those decades-old royalties have expired or trickled to nothing. But it still saddens me to see a once-dignified personage reduced to a doddering old boat anchor on screen just to make some fresh new no-talents look good in comparison.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

As if he is happy to take a paycheque to let a bunch of juvenile punks bulldoze over years of his life's work.

@Korth 

Not a lot of money in legacies. Nor royalties/residuals. Gotta pay the bills/keep up with ones chosen lifestyle.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I grew up watching Captain Picard every week. A character with dignified presence. An example of morality, eloquence, and refinement. (Even though it was sometimes hard to figure out what he was saying with that outrageous French accent.)

Now I see him being shuffled around on screen as the target of constant disrespect, abuse, and humiliation. A vandalized legacy.

Not dead. Not dying. Not decaying mental faculties. But it is still a terrible fate. As if he is happy to take a paycheque to let a bunch of juvenile punks bulldoze over years of his life's work.

Need Help? Let's chat.