cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you do this?

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

how do you report someone for having multiple accounts and bravoing themselves constant;y and other numerous infractions? asking for a friend

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth 

Ok...hard to prove with the current set up.

@Anonymous wrote:

What you're alleging is called gaming the system. Very frowned upon. Just also hard to prove.

Not hard at all, if the web portal is designed to properly authenticate users.

Client-side can always mask or spoof itself, hide machine IDs and browser signatures and IP addresses and such. And visitors can register as many accounts as they like. This makes it hard for PM. But only because they allow it.

Client-side can't do anything to fool the system if server-side simply assigns one community account per self-serve account and only lets people make posts/bravos/etc when they're logged in with a recognized account on a recognized device.

I realize that Self-Serve and Community are different things. But PM has linked them together with money. A lot of people are willing to do all sorts of clever things and all sorts of stupid things to earn (or steal) money.

@jib_tech 

The people at Moderator_Team would be ones to talk to about this.  If you like, you can send me a private mesaage.  I can't actually take any action against the member, but I can look around and offer an opinion.

When it comes to someone having mutiple usernames, I don't see that in itself being a problem, as long as the person is helping out. Besides, doing that would simply dilute the earned Community rewards if the idea is spread the rewards out amongst mutiple accounts.  Where I think most would draw a line would be if those usernames possibly run by the same person started interacting with the other accounts (such as the case with bravos).

In the past, some actions have been taken against members. However, it often has to be beyond a reasonable doubt.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jib_tech wrote:

it will be very easy to prove, or i wouldn't even bother

Unless he went invisible...the only other Oracle logged in is @mimmo . Maybe he could have a look at things.

Maybe he would communicate with you in private message. Look for the notification above the little envelope in the upper right of this window.

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

it will be very easy to prove, or i wouldn't even bother

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jib_tech wrote:

how do you report someone for having multiple accounts and bravoing themselves constant;y and other numerous infractions? asking for a friend

@jib_tech 

A now "retired" Oracle is pretty active doing stuff still. He might be interested in pursuing your theories. In a thread that you think they're abusing the system...call him out. That will bring attention to him and people will be keeping a close watch. The perp...not the Oracle 🙂

@computergeek541 

What you're alleging is called gaming the system. Very frowned upon. Just also hard to prove.

Need Help? Let's chat.