cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Traelea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: how are you enjoying public mobile experience?

So far so good my mom signed me up love public mobile something I can afford. I do have a boy that's turning 16 on the 14th that consumes alot of food so it's good I'm saving on one bill 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Traelea wrote:

So far so good my mom signed me up love public mobile something I can afford. I do have a boy that's turning 16 on the 14th that consumes alot of food so it's good I'm saving on one bill 

@Traelea  Lol....im sure he does. If he doesn't have a phone already you know where to sign him up. He would probably be good on the $25 plan if you referred him before 11:59pm et oct 6th. Then switch him to the $15 on his renewal. Then you both get the extra $10 bonus referral credit.

Tags (1)
Traelea

He has a phone that his aunty is paying for but he racked it up to 250$ and only got 2 gigs. So I'm gonna just tell his auntie to cancel it and I'll get him signed up with public mobile maybe she can go with this too she pays an arm and a leg for her plan. You cant go wrong with this plan like I heard telus Bill's keep going up public mobile bill gos down 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Traelea  That's the problem with almost every other company is the sneaky overages and then you get bill shock. Something the WCC is actively trying to legislate against. Btw tell his auntie she can probably get some of those charges removed because your son is not of age to be considered an authorized user. Unless she approved them the most they can charge for an overage in a month including a top up is $50. If there is a device subsidy involved you would have to pay the ECF (early cancellation fee) or basically buy out the phone. You don't have to pay to switch but they will bill you by the end of your billing cycle. But depending on the circumstances  you can work with them to reduce the charges or have the CCTS negotiate a settlement on her behalf. That said it could be worth her while to switch sooner than later. In my own circumstance I switched 3 lines. My freedom phone only saved $2 for the Auto pay reward but gained cross Canada coverage. The other two is where the savings come in: telus/flip phone/$35p/m used when I had no service w/o roaming charges from freedom. I changed to the $15plan-$2 w/autopay=$13 savings w/tax about $25p/m or $150 over 6 months. I am switching to the $10 plan because I don't need the back up anymore but want to keep the number but in one month with a few referrals and my community reward it is now free...so saving an additional $67 over 6 months...total savings $217.  The other phone....my boyfriend's (who is a little or maybe a lot like your son) was with fido with 6 months left on his contract. ECF or the buyout about $150. Plan $80+overages up to $130+tax a month. So... base plan +tax about $90. Switched w/promo to $50 plan...$40+tax for 6 months ($38w/autopay) and twice as much data. Savings: $48incl. tax p/m or $288 over 6 months-buy out of $148=$140. Additionally freedom phone saving for 6 months on promo $10+$2 Auto pay about $80 for 6 months. A couple more referral bonuses and refer a friend credits I have another $48+tax=$55 savings. Telus+fido phone savings over 6 months $505-$148 buy out= $357+$135=$492 in total savings! A reduction in plan cost of about 70% on 2 phones and all 3 plans 55%. All with more data, coverage and no overages. The savings of $492 awesome the peace of mind : PRICELESS!!!

If your son and his aunt decide to switch and would like some advice on previous providers billing etc....you may message me via private mailbox for privacy. This would be unsolicited advice and I can only help interpret the WCC regulations and how the CCTS can help customer complaints.

P.S. Don't cancel service if you want to keep phone number once youb switch and port number over that will automatically cancel service with previous provider.

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am quite satisfied with PM, been almost a year, no problems and the price is right. I would continue recommending them. I agree, Pm is not for everyone, but it suits me

CMOADMIN

So it has been a few months now since I started using PM. I have no complaints at all about any of the services. 

If you can manage your data and wifi usage, and by that I mean making a conscious effort to only watch videos *YouTube, worldstar or apps like tiktok or vines* when on wifi -at least keep an eye on your data meter here on the self serve page of your account- then there really shouldn't be any problems at all with the 50 or 60 dollar plan. 

Of course its only been a short time I have been with PM, I will come back again in a couple more months and update if I have anything to add 😛

Have a great halloween! Sppoooookey

fairchse

I signed up my boyfriend and two adult sons We are all so happy with the service!!!

I bought a iPhone six with a bad battery from a friend replaced the battery for 11.99 My kids were so surprised that I actually was capable of fixing my phone since I am not tech friendly

fairchse

I have been with pm for over a year I just had one issue which they are quickly resolving unlike other providers spending hours complaining and being switched back and forth .... I have quicker service response even though everything is online 

fairchse

My boyfriend just switched because I had the same service he had only way less money 

fairchse

Mine too Great bunch of people !!!

Need Help? Let's chat.