cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: do we really need screen protectors?

I definitely do. I use a full on Otterbox Defender. It has saved my phone on many occasions! Zero scratches, dents, or broken screens.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In my opinion, a case or protector for your phone is fine, but i myself see it as sort of permision to drop the phone or not worry about it as much. i had a Samsung s3 for a year with an otterbox, it stoped working after a few drops! Then I had a sony z5 for 3 years without a case; not a scratch on it. For me its more about paying attention to where you put it and dedicating a pocket just for your phone.

Mayor / Maire

I had been using a BB Z30. That and my prior Z10 have a nice kind of non-slip backing. I recently moved over to a Samsung S7. Greased lightning. Like those darn Apple thingy's. I did get a back case just for some amount of non-slip. Somehow or other I've managed to rarely drop a phone and if I had, nothing has broken.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I used them for a few years, but found them kind of annoying with screen responsiveness, so I stopped. No scratches with bare glass--don't intend to use them again Robot wink

My phone would be a mess without my screen protector. I drop everything! Would definitely depend on how careful you are with your phone I guess.

Just replaced my screen protecter after 2 years & not a scratch on my phone, but the protector was cracked everywhere! 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

I had been using a BB Z30. That and my prior Z10 have a nice kind of non-slip backing. I recently moved over to a Samsung S7. Greased lightning. Like those darn Apple thingy's. I did get a back case just for some amount of non-slip. Somehow or other I've managed to rarely drop a phone and if I had, nothing has broken.

@z10user4 

you're going to have to change your forum name to SamsungUser Robot LOL

Mayor / Maire

@CellGirl wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@z10user4 

you're going to have to change your forum name to SamsungUser Robot LOL

Yeah I know. Real original creative name. Not.

I'm always impressed by the creative names people come up with. Mine's just boring. Oh well. Not that it matters. The Z10 was 2 phones ago even.

I am very heavy user of phone and it is a must for me to have a screen protector and a case. I always buy screen protectors from Ebay. I like the full screen protector and I believe it is a better protector of the phone.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve very good with my phones never cracked my screens ever. But with the phones getting bigger the screens r not as structured and they break easier now. I get a protector cause u never know if ur phone is gonna slide off ur lap or fall out of ur hands and hit the pavement face down 🤷‍♀️

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Karnbot13 wrote:

My lifestyle and use of my phones don't require a screen protector. They've all been it excellent condition when I hand them down

For some people who drop their phone yes they certainly need screen protectors.