Did you mean: 

do we really need screen protectors?

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my lg g5 is holding up pretty well without one

21 REPLIES 21

tony7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Depends on the phone and how much your willing to spend to protect it. Overall, your phone should last a lifetime without a screen protector.

@Runnergirl wrote:

@Karnbot13 wrote:

My lifestyle and use of my phones don't require a screen protector. They've all been it excellent condition when I hand them down

For some people who drop their phone yes they certainly need screen protectors. 

I would say that screen protectors do very little for people who drop their phones. The tempered glass protectors offer slight protection, but the plastic films will do next to nothing for drops.  These screen protectors are for protecting against scratches from  more innocent things such as putting your phone in your pocket.

Runnergirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Karnbot13 wrote:

My lifestyle and use of my phones don't require a screen protector. They've all been it excellent condition when I hand them down

For some people who drop their phone yes they certainly need screen protectors. 

Andrea-N

I’ve very good with my phones never cracked my screens ever. But with the phones getting bigger the screens r not as structured and they break easier now. I get a protector cause u never know if ur phone is gonna slide off ur lap or fall out of ur hands and hit the pavement face down 🤷‍♀️

Roger3

I am very heavy user of phone and it is a must for me to have a screen protector and a case. I always buy screen protectors from Ebay. I like the full screen protector and I believe it is a better protector of the phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellGirl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had been using a BB Z30. That and my prior Z10 have a nice kind of non-slip backing. I recently moved over to a Samsung S7. Greased lightning. Like those darn Apple thingy's. I did get a back case just for some amount of non-slip. Somehow or other I've managed to rarely drop a phone and if I had, nothing has broken.

@Anonymous 

you're going to have to change your forum name to SamsungUser Robot LOL

Yeah I know. Real original creative name. Not.

I'm always impressed by the creative names people come up with. Mine's just boring. Oh well. Not that it matters. The Z10 was 2 phones ago even.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

I had been using a BB Z30. That and my prior Z10 have a nice kind of non-slip backing. I recently moved over to a Samsung S7. Greased lightning. Like those darn Apple thingy's. I did get a back case just for some amount of non-slip. Somehow or other I've managed to rarely drop a phone and if I had, nothing has broken.

@Anonymous 

you're going to have to change your forum name to SamsungUser Robot LOL

Maple98

My phone would be a mess without my screen protector. I drop everything! Would definitely depend on how careful you are with your phone I guess.

Just replaced my screen protecter after 2 years & not a scratch on my phone, but the protector was cracked everywhere! 

CellGirl

I used them for a few years, but found them kind of annoying with screen responsiveness, so I stopped. No scratches with bare glass--don't intend to use them again Robot wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

jonfirlotte

In my opinion, a case or protector for your phone is fine, but i myself see it as sort of permision to drop the phone or not worry about it as much. i had a Samsung s3 for a year with an otterbox, it stoped working after a few drops! Then I had a sony z5 for 3 years without a case; not a scratch on it. For me its more about paying attention to where you put it and dedicating a pocket just for your phone.

postitnotequeen

I definitely do. I use a full on Otterbox Defender. It has saved my phone on many occasions! Zero scratches, dents, or broken screens.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is habitual.  The first thing I do upon making a phone purchase is to go on eBay and pick up a case and a pack of glass screen protectors.  

Karnbot13

mynewhome

I removed OEM screen protector about 6 months ago and no  visible scratches yet.  My experience is the phone will stop working before the screen is damaged.

@Anonymous wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

What's the old saying...An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Just don't use the nood word...amIright @Jessica_T ? 🙂

you still around ?

Moved to Lounge anyway lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

Just don't use the nood word...amIright @Jessica_T ? 🙂

you still around ?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mynewhome It really depends. Screen protector helps not easily get scatch and avoid screen broken. If you handle your phone well before, just don't get one. 

@mynewhome wrote:

my lg g5 is holding up pretty well without one

This really depends on how much scratches on the front glass bothers you and if you wish to resell the device in the future.  Contrary to popular belief, Gorilla glass does scratch.  Personally, I would never use a phone without a screen protector.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Some people sure do 

Need Help? Let's chat.