cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation testing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before I try it and burn a SIM...knowing that sometimes activations error out and then you have to come back in about an hour...can one test stepping through an activation and stopping before paying or before clicking that final go?

Then let it error out and after a while that the SIM is still usable for another go at activation?

Asking for a friend... 🙂

13 REPLIES 13

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@BearFBI 

And I guess we can assume you did all the tricks you've read about here? Different browser, clear cache/site cookies, using incognito/privacy mode.

That would be embarrassing eh. Yer sittin' there all proud o' yourself because you got a referral and you're willing to walk them through the process 'cuz you know everything about the place and you already know there are some quirks...404. Yeah that's impressive the friend says. 🙂

🤣🤣🤣  Sorry Bear, z10's scenario just tickled my funny bone!!!

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous Yep tried everything. 

It is embarrassing. Im just sitting there on my laptop having to tell my friend that Public Mobile's website is not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI 

And I guess we can assume you did all the tricks you've read about here? Different browser, clear cache/site cookies, using incognito/privacy mode.

That would be embarrassing eh. Yer sittin' there all proud o' yourself because you got a referral and you're willing to walk them through the process 'cuz you know everything about the place and you already know there are some quirks...404. Yeah that's impressive the friend says. 🙂

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I wonder what actually causes these errors. Activation errors makes me hate actvating.

I setup a friends SIM card yesterday and I got a 404 error, the SIM was locked for an hour and I went through the process again. I then got a invalid SIM error, so I waited a few minutes and proceeded again. After I got through payment I got the 404 error. Luckily the SIM worked.

Not the first time this happend to me. I had one where I had to wait a whole day and I tried every couple hours and still got invalid SIM errors. 

I can't see how the SIM would be invalidated.

It'll either get into the system and get registered for activation. Because once it's made it past the problematic internet barrier it's processed forward by PM/Telus internal systems.

Or it won't get into the system because webscript somehow failed and (after waiting a whle) you can try again, as far as PM can tell it never even happened.

Unless I'm unaware of yet another (known?) bug in the system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Korth 

I was just wondering about how far into activating one can go before the point of no return and not burning the SIM. computergeek541 says don't click through the payment screen which of course makes a world of sense. And he said getting to there wouldn't burn the SIM allowing the SIM to be activated sometime else.

All good.

Not much you can do once you've clicked and ... spinning sending waiting waiting waiting nothing changes.

Server timeout delay thing is 55 minutes, I think. Just gotta wait it out, clear browser cache/cookies, and try again.

Or let it sit until tomorrow morning. It'll sort itself one way or the other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

You should be even able to go to the next step. Just don't submit payment.

Right. I realized as I was typing that I kinda put the arrow in the wrong spot.

Don't click through the payment screen!! 🙂 Got it.

Thanks

You should be even able to go to the next step. Just don't submit payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

The point of no return is submitting payment (if it gets approved).

So you can get as far as the arrow below and not burn the SIM. (and at most see the payment screen) Correct?

activation.JPG

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't activated in some time.

So is there a point of no return? ie. to stop and press the back button to effectively kill it?

The point of no return is submitting payment (if it gets approved).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

The sim can be activate at a later time as long as no account ever gets opened.

Thanks.

I haven't activated in some time.

So is there a point of no return? ie. to stop and press the back button to effectively kill it?

@Anonymous wrote:

Before I try it and burn a SIM...knowing that sometimes activations error out and then you have to come back in about an hour...can one test stepping through an activation and stopping before paying or before clicking that final go?

Then let it error out and after a while that the SIM is still usable for another go at activation?

Asking for a friend... 🙂

The sim can be activate at a later time as long as no account ever gets opened.

Need Help? Let's chat.