Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Wishing for unlimited data

Sweet, great price point at that price 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Felixbthe1 wrote:

Wind used to have unlimited talk,text and  data for $40 but were sold to Freedom Mobile which is now owned by Shaw. Public Mobile had a deal a few months back unlimited talk and text Canada wide with 5 Gigs of data 

Apparently chart is honoring the Mobilicity unlimited talk text and data for $25. I have seen people selling their legacy accounts.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's a great price point, Public Mobile should match that unlimited talk, text data plan.  Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok - Bell and Rogers have just announced unlimited Mobile Data plans - with conditions

Rogers - $75 for 10GB, $95 for 20GB and $125 for 50GB. Bell is similar but look more expensive. 

Once you go over, you get unlimted data at reduced speeds. Still trying to get details on what that reduced speed looks like. 

Come on PM - I know you can do better. 

Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

Once you go over, you get unlimted data at reduced speeds. Still trying to get details on what that reduced speed looks like. 

@smp99 that reduced speed is 264 Kbps, which, quite frankly, would be quite slow.  

@smp99 wrote:

Come on PM - I know you can do better. 

265 Kbps is 1/4 of 1 Mbps, or 1/12th the speed of PM's throttled "3G" data plans.  No thank you!  I'd rather just pay for more data at the regular speed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@computergeek541  Wil Arnott is all over the commercials on TV advertising for Freedom.

I turn the channel when I can, I hate that actor (now).

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@computergeek541  Wil Arnott is all over the commercials on TV advertising for Freedom.

I turn the channel when I can, I hate that actor (now).

DVR. I rarely watch live tv anymore. Ok cup final, Raptors final. Dang that's painful sitting through ads.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm fully aware that Rogers is offering unlimited data, but they're just copying what freedom did, they slow down your speed incredibly/hugely after using 10gb they're charging $75 a month but I only use between 3 and 8gigs of data anyhow so I think I'm going to stick with what I have now.

(with freedom, sure I was paying 13gigs of data for $65 a month but my highest peak was 8 gigs in my whole three years that I was with them), this is almost my first full month with public mobile and so far I've used close to 3Gigs, my renewal date is on the 23rd and I'll most likely use up to 2 more gigs between now and then. 

trust me, the reduce speeds are hideous, you ain't going to be doing much at all, even trying to get a 3 minute YouTube video to load is going to cause big frustration. you won't be able to send GIFs over messenger or any other social media platform.