cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Wishing for unlimited data

For freedom mobile It's unlimited 2G data once u pass a full speed allotment and when your on their big gig and talk plans that includes free roaming off the big 3 carriers networks across Canada you still get unlimited 2G data even when roaming 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Even Chatr prepaid has unlimited data at 64kbs once you use up your data allotment. I tested this for a month on a $25 data only plan

Yea but in Alberta u don't get service unless your in a city or town and it's annoying, I used to have chatr for my second data plan in addition to freedom mobile with 15gb of freedom network data and 2gb of full speed roaming data but I had to switch the second plan from Chatr to public mobile sadly and I'll miss the unlimited data but so far I'm loving public mobile on the 8.5gb 3G plan, I like that it's lte 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I remember unlimited data texting and calling with mobilicity for 23, i still can't believe i let it go just like that

To be honest freedom and chatr never cut you off just slow you down to 2g or so and if you must have it faster at that moment then you pay for extra, that's also not that bad either. At least they give you some connection so you can log in to buy some moreSmiley Happy assuming you do have connection as they both are a bit spotty in some areas. 

I ran out of data once in a hospital, accidentally wiped out the cashe and paid for it dearly. Luckily i set up the warning, it was 4th day into my plan. I regret now not jumping on the next one but i was afraid to mess up muy renewal date.

Unlimited would be great, but i don't see it happening not in this market, slowing down beyond allowance wouldn't be bad either

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If there was unlimited data i would get it too.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How about just for the $40 and over plans ..... (sure make it available only to auto-pay) ....

If you run out of data, it will continue at 128kbs until renewal, or you have the option to buy more at regular speed. 

That's a great idea 

@smp99 wrote:

How about just for the $40 and over plans ..... (sure make it available only to auto-pay) ....

If you run out of data, it will continue at 128kbs until renewal, or you have the option to buy more at regular speed. 

Data is already throttled.  Throttling it more will be so slow. I would hate it.

Highlighted

Were talking about once you pass your data limit not before 

Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

Even Chatr prepaid has unlimited data at 64kbs once you use up your data allotment. I tested this for a month on a $25 data only plan

@smp9964kbps?  I haven't had anything that slow since 1998 when I left dialup behind for cable internet.  2G data speeds might have been fine when people had feature phones that used WAP for browsing a few kb per page, but even mobile-optimized sites in 2019 would be essentially unusable at 64kbps.  I guess you could use it for the occasional email or WhatsApp message but it would be so painful that I think I'd literally prefer to have the data just stop, as it does today.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.