cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless code of conduct/ccts/contracts

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

How many violations of the Canadian Wireless Code of Conduct by your service provider do you think would justify cancelling your contract and being relieved of your early termination fee? 

Otherwise known as buying out your phone and/or device subsidy. I had already been outraged at the shady billing practices at fido and frustrated with the lack of customer service in dealing with billing mistakes, inflated overage charges and the amount of time spent on the phone to correct them only to have them appear on my invoice the following month that once I heard about public mobile I did the math and decided paying off the device and switching to pm would still save me $200 over the final 6 months of the contract on top of the buy out. I finally got my bill...10 days late and the fix was in....not only is it erroneous I have discovered by reading the WCC's updates that my former provider had broken a litany of code conduct rules in regards to my contract, billing overages, accessibility  and device subsidy calculations.  Other than the early cancellation fee the dollar amount still overcharged is under $100. But now I feel I have a case for waiving the fee as well. What do you think...should I persue that matter or bite the bullet? It is going to take a lot of time and effort to take on the evil overlord.

7 REPLIES 7

@gblackma  As you can see I've been seeking a definitive answer for a long time.

@darlicious , @According to@Tiana_V  answer to what should go into the discussion section, since this is phone related it should be in  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Defining-a-legitimate-discussion/m-p/5030...

But whay do we know right?

@will13am  Oh the post that started it all......almost 6 months ago.  Who knew it would take this long for me to get a definitive answer. Discussions about the WCC and other providers ok!

But this can stay here I guess.....i never got to hear anyone elses opinion though.....probably because it's in the lounge.

@will13am wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Ok I agree I came across ranting...but it is under discussions and knowing your consumer rights under the code is important especially considering all the service issues this weekend. But I merely wanted users opinions. I was fully prepared to pay my invoice. Quite happy to be with pm.  Just the cancellation fee was the final knife in back....not adhering to the codes carefully laid out calculations. But move the thread to the lounge I suppose...i just wanted to generate a lively discussion.

You can still have a lively discussion without interfering with the conduct of business in the main forums which is to help and give help to customers trying to use this service.

Ok thats fine...i just trying to understand the definition of the boards as I quoted in the private message. Does the knowledge base explanations need an edit?

@darlicious wrote:

Ok I agree I came across ranting...but it is under discussions and knowing your consumer rights under the code is important especially considering all the service issues this weekend. But I merely wanted users opinions. I was fully prepared to pay my invoice. Quite happy to be with pm.  Just the cancellation fee was the final knife in back....not adhering to the codes carefully laid out calculations. But move the thread to the lounge I suppose...i just wanted to generate a lively discussion.

You can still have a lively discussion without interfering with the conduct of business in the main forums which is to help and give help to customers trying to use this service.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious, I have no advise for you.  This is something you should work out for yourself.  Recognize that a contract is a contract.  As much as you may not like the terms involved in contract cancellation, it is what you signed up for.  I am not sure why you are coming out of your tent and ranting about a past provider here.  This forum is all about this service.  These days there is enough to talk about Public Mobile, we don't need to hear about customer woes with other service providers that is not relevant.  To this end, this thread will be moved. 

Need Help? Let's chat.