cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no more Top Contributor Announcement

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I understand it looks like the badge system is still broken (I thought the upgrade of Khoros would have that resolved), but why PM not make an announcement post about the Top Contributor in the last 2 months?  They can still make the post without the badge.   

Just want to see what the distribution of the different award levels and the total accepted solutions

23 REPLIES 23

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It was nice to have that thread with the badges and @darlicious post with all the names of the contributors.

One who post in that thread will get so many responses from old and new members. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

So what you are saying is if they feel their participation warranted a reward they should inquire if they in fact did and ask for it to be added to their accounts. That doesn't help a new member since they would have no idea what the benchmark is (until now with the bravo leaderboard but still with nothing to compare it against it still leaves them hanging.)

Anyone finding themselves in this situation can contact me privately and I can give them my best guesstimate for the November and December community rewards. January however they are on their own as the elimination of the lounge bravo leaderboard has left any chance of tracking members stats with any kind of accuracy out the window.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious  "So what do members do that know their contributions normally earn a reward but didn't recieve it in their self serve account do? Wait for pm to fix the badge system and then ask for them retroactively? I know of at least 3 members in this situation.."

The operating assumption going forward must be they received the reward appropriate to their participation as determined by the PM system. Then they should adjust their participation to the level they feel is reasonable for their reward.
It's the perfect process for a Community based help line. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : Yes that's the key here. I have noticed you often adding to a thread well afterwards. But you also add something new or different. The crappy ones are the copy/pastes about the same answer already given.

@esjliv   Yup.. sorry, when i said hours later.. i meant they simply repeating what was said hours later... in some case, even often a solution was accepted.. .. i always call that "end of thread summary".. but we don't need that

@softech wrote:

@esjliv   things are going south here... 

honest, the style of posting is arguable . it is a "style".. some people just like call CS Support ,what can you do

But what I see lately is many kind of cheats around .. plus people just keep jamming in their replies hours, in some cases days, later.. sad

@softech  - 

I see no issues with posting hours or days later, as long as something new or helpful is brought to that thread/topic.

And, yes, I do observe some unpleasant things happening.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Yup. If you can't beat 'em...join 'em. If a user is succeeding with throwing out junk then if someone else wants to succeed then they need to also throw out junk. It's all absolutely ridiculous but it seems to be a winning strategy.

Edit: That's a great metaphor.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I always think Technical support are like Doctors.  not all Doctors are "made" equal , there are good doctors and bad ones.  Some wish to help, some just care how much they earn and try to "see" as many patients as possible

Doctor  Doclicious is nice.. she will listen the to the patient carefully.  She will ask more questions to understand  and able to pin point on the exact issue without giving the patient too much information causing unnecessary stress.

Dr. SimpleSimon would not listen, when a patient comes, Doc looks at the pre-printed doctor note, this doctor will just give antibiotics to any issue (template copy and paste) , and will add a word in the end before the patient leaves.. if it does work.. go to the Emergency Room (ticket to CS Agent)  

(Unfortunately , some patients still like the 2nd doctors, why?  cos the patients go in and out the doctor office quick.. taking the antibiotics thinking they are healed already.  and of course, there is nothing ER cannot help)

@esjliv   things are going south here... 

honest, the style of posting is arguable . it is a "style".. some people just like call CS Support ,what can you do

But what I see lately is many kind of cheats around .. plus people just keep jamming in their replies hours, in some cases days, later with the same info already said by others earlier in the thread.. sad

(updated to clearify)

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

My oh my.....such a complimentary post! I don't have any need to save my contributor badge level. My contribution levels have been very consistent since I joined the community. The only major drop was during that weasely summer of 2020 thru no fault of my own. Otherwise my post count which is the only thing I have control over has averaged each month between 700 to 800. But I will let you battle it out with @Anonymous  for that coveted second spot.

I suppose if I am stooping to the same level as the oracles that currently have a signature that also includes info on how to contact customer support and/or direct links then that's wrong? Or a good thing? It's for informational purposes only.....as I only suggest contacting customer support when it is absolutely necessary for the customer to resolve their issue.

And yes I am also making a very obvious point....By using my words. Over and over and over again.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious  - what, my post didn't make you blush with praise ? 🙂

I did notice your posts yesterday had this additional info., and thought it was, umm perhaps 'spoofing' actions as seen around.

So, I thought it was a joke, (or a poke) I guess, that you were adding it all the time (even in lounge posts, like ...everywhere).

Again, I just found it contradictory with what you preached about in the past. If you made a 180, it doesn't bother me one bit.

For heck sakes, one thread could have reference to contact CSA's sooooo many times.

• Does it help the OP, not necessarily.
  • Does it add clutter and confusion, likely.

But we all are gonna do, what we all are gonna do I guess. Who is it helping in the end? 🤔

The 'system' may allow whatever, and allows whoever to get whatever. If @Anonymous gets whatever level, I don't care. Good on them and whoever assists in getting them there. 

Oh, I certainly ain't aiming to post hoard, nor compete with anyone.

So I am not battling anyone with anything. I mostly just compete against myself all the time...it makes for easier kissing and make up moments.

haha.. this thread becomes a New Community complain thread?  We have too many of that already  LoL

No worry. i am just joking

@darlicious wrote:

Have I missed anything recent?

- Ticketing system does not work. Cannot verify using your credentials.

- Colour scheme is impossible to read (quote line on awful dirt-pink background).

@Luddite wrote:

@softech  Reduce your stress. Assume it's permanently gone.
My fervent wish and recommendation if asked.  🙏

I was wondering if it is permanently gone, too  🤔

They were all working good back then, badge system, PM Official announcement and @darlicious Univac 500 report, with all these we know who earned what.  that is one way if we know the outcome was fair.   There has been some unusual activities lately.  The only way we can easier to spot is through the Bravo Leaderboard now.. sad

@darlicious wrote:

So what do members do that know their contributions normally earn a reward but didn't recieve it in their self serve account do?

@darlicious   from what I heard, only one member had that issue, right?  If just one member.. maybe because the reason of my Lounge post 2 months ago? If that was really that reason, than it was good.. PM actioned to stop cheaters  LoL

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@softech  Reduce your stress. Assume it's permanently gone.
My fervent wish and recommendation if asked.  🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I think it's frickin' awesome. I noticed it right away. It's not stooping. It's recognizing a strategy that seems to work and that nobody seems to care about the uselessness of providing it and everything else in one post or uselessly across several posts in one thread and so why not. Rock on. 🤘🤙

@esjliv 

My oh my.....such a complimentary post! I don't have any need to save my contributor badge level. My contribution levels have been very consistent since I joined the community. The only major drop was during that weasely summer of 2020 thru no fault of my own. Otherwise my post count which is the only thing I have control over has averaged each month between 700 to 800. But I will let you battle it out with @Anonymous  for that coveted second spot.

I suppose if I am stooping to the same level as the oracles that currently have a signature that also includes info on how to contact customer support and/or direct links then that's wrong? Or a good thing? It's for informational purposes only.....as I only suggest contacting customer support when it is absolutely necessary for the customer to resolve their issue.

And yes I am also making a very obvious point....By using my words. Over and over and over again.

@darlicious  - seems a little much when it is added to posts that are not even relevant to contact CSA. Don't you think?

And, if I recall (and I do remember) since I was in those threads 😜 ), many times you had talked down to those who were suggesting to contact CSA in so many instances.

Now, is your stance 'if you can't beat 'em join 'em'?

Are you thinking this will save your 1% position? OR, are you really just trying to let everyone know the method to Private Message CSA, whether they need to or not?

I dunno, seems like stooping to down a level, if you ask me. But, whatever floats your boat. 

@esjliv 

Lol....thats my new signature. What you don't like it?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

The badges are nice to receive for confirmation of whether or not something was received.

But what does the announcement really do anyways? Other than give us all a chance to congrats each other, which the unofficial one can do as well.

@darlicious  - are you suggesting that @softech send a private message to CSA, twice?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

It appears almost everything is broken at pm! There are so many new unaddressed glitches at the same time and nobody at pm willing to provide any meaningful info or updates. The new PM community forum's shortcomings notwithstanding....sigh. Can I name them all?

1. Community Reward Badge distribution system broken.
  2. Referral codes randomly not registering at activation.
  3. Double and triple autopay charges occurring with 10/20 day gaps on 30 day cycles.
  4. Erroneous e-mails informing customers their autopay payment failed/account suspension.
  5. Midnight eastern "Rewards successfully applied" texts instead of at noon.
  6. Random US Roaming add ons not working when they have been properly purchased and they appear both in the account and the transaction history.
  7. PM CPO phones arriving without the free sim card.
  8. I don't mind but Simple--Simon self destructing is a pretty big one!💣🤖💥

Have I missed anything recent? These of course are on top of glitches like the payment system not accepting vouchers that was fixed and all of long term glitches that probably won't ever be fixed.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

So what do members do that know their contributions normally earn a reward but didn't recieve it in their self serve account do? Wait for pm to fix the badge system and then ask for them retroactively? I know of at least 3 members in this situation....let alone any new members who are I suppose blissfully unaware.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@softech, the last update the Oracles got was that they weren't going to do an announcement until the badge issue was fixed.  So I am not sure when that will get fixed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.