cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Not Public Mobile?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey,

@cellphoneuser1's comment on my other post "Why Public Mobile?" gave me the idea create this. I'm interested to see how people can defend calling Public Mobile "bad".

40 REPLIES 40

@IssacKu wrote:

thanks thats what I did. There was an email issue that the Moderator Team helped me with back in 2019. And I used that discussion to send them another private message. So they are helping me out as I type this message to you. So I hope all goes well. 

@IssacKu   Good to hear you've been able to message with the moderators and that they are helping you sort it out.  Good luck.

@IssacKu 

That's awesome.....sorry about stupid Simon....from now on just ignore that guy! Lol!

IssacKu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thanks thats what I did. There was an email issue that the Moderator Team helped me with back in 2019. And I used that discussion to send them another private message. So they are helping me out as I type this message to you. So I hope all goes well. 

@IssacKu 

Geez I feel bad towing the company line.....because I absolutely hate that Simon guy and I never use him. Follow @dabr suggestion of sending a private message. If you haven't sent it already or for future use when sending an initial pm to the moderators for a service request  add the topic in the subject line and a detailed message outlining the issue. Always include the following:

1. Full name, address, email, ph# and pin# on your account.
  2. If you cannot remember the pin# you will need to further verify your identity.
  3. Include alternate ph# if any, d.o.b., last payment, date, amount, type, last 4 digits.
  4. You may also be asked your security question and answer,  plan amount, recent purchases or changes, frequently called or texted numbers, rewards or autopay info.

Including as much info as possible reduces the need for back and forth messaging and often can lead to your issue being resolved before they reply to you or you respond. Be sure to ask for a review link once your interaction ends to give helpful feedback on the moderators customer service.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

@IssacKu wrote:

I did everything you asked me to followed all the prompts opened a ticket by inputting my log in information again. I even put my friend's referral code, amount missing and for 8 months and everything is greyed out that it will not allow me to submit. So yea for those customers out there that want to know why not public mobile. The number one reason is the inability to talk to a human. When the fields don't allow you to submit a ticket on 3 different web browsers then how are you supposed to contact a friecken moderator. I've tried my best to refer people to Public Mobile but if PM is not going to honor it. Whats the point! Might as well go to Chatr and Lucky. They offer the same thing at the same price!!!!

@IssacKu   The chatbot can sometimes be a little difficult  to use so try private messaging Moderator_Team instead via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Then make sure to keep checking the envelope icon top right (next to your avatar) for a response back from them which can take anywhere from 1-48 hours. 

IssacKu

I did everything you asked me to followed all the prompts opened a ticket by inputting my log in information again. I even put my friend's referral code, amount missing and for 8 months and everything is greyed out that it will not allow me to submit. So yea for those customers out there that want to know why not public mobile. The number one reason is the inability to talk to a human. When the fields don't allow you to submit a ticket on 3 different web browsers then how are you supposed to contact a friecken moderator. I've tried my best to refer people to Public Mobile but if PM is not going to honor it. Whats the point! Might as well go to Chatr and Lucky. They offer the same thing at the same price!!!!

IssacKu

Thank you. I will try this. I will let you know if they applied the credits

@IssacKu 

Your getting billed $42.52....in bc with 12% tax. Sounds lime your friend referrals are not getting spplied but your auto pay is? Your payment history shows autopay reward applied ? Does it show $6 friends referral rewards being applied? If it does or doesnt for that matter there's definetly an issue in your account. Only way to fix it is a moderator.

Click the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen to submit a ticket via Simon. Type rewards not applied and ask for a human then follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. They are pretty fast lately probably an hour or two at the most.

IssacKu

The credits appear to be 100% correct.

However my credit card payment doesn't equal the applied credits

Please look above for details

IssacKu

the rewards are all there:

Plan.        40

Rewards   8

Sub total 32 plus tax

But my credit card is billing me $42 and change 

So because I didn't want to deal with the pain of opening a ticket.

I manually renewed my plans in hopes that PM would get it right!

@IssacKu 

Maybe give us a screenshot of your payment history and your current rewards section from your overview with personal info removed. @dabr is correct you have to contact the mods to get this corrected.

@computergeek541  @ShawnC13  Can you move this to the correct board? Thx

@IssacKu wrote:

yea well I did say I can let that go.  And of course the CC will show only payment after rewards and provincial tax. My grievance is the fact they didn't apply my credits. And the only 2 ways I know how to troubleshoot that is to either open a ticket or renew your plan in hopes that the credits get applied. 

@IssacKu   Is the reward autopay/loyalty?  When you say it didn't get applied, are saying this a new occurrence or they've never been applied?  But yes you're right if that is the case then you need to submit a ticket to moderators to correct any missed rewards and have them manually apply them to your account.

IssacKu

yea well I did say I can let that go.  And of course the CC will show only payment after rewards and provincial tax. My grievance is the fact they didn't apply my credits. And the only 2 ways I know how to troubleshoot that is to either open a ticket or renew your plan in hopes that the credits get applied. 

@IssacKu wrote:

I'm a pretty satisfied customer and I can even let go of the fact that my payment schedule keeps shifting towards the first of the month. In other words, month to month my due payments have been shifting gradually to an earlier date. However, recently I've been checking my rewards and it says they've been applied but the charge on my credit card states the opposite. I didn't want to bother with a moderator so just like anything PM. I took matters into my own hands and renewed all the plans manually in hopes that in the next coming months the credits I am entitled to actually get applied. It ticks me off because through me I've referred 6 people so far. 

@IssacKu   Your payment cycle will shift almost every month because it's 30 days and not monthly.  As to the rewards not showing on your CC, your CC will only show what your payment was after any rewards have already been deducted, plus your provincial tax of course.

Log into your self serve account and select the view Payment History near the top of the overview page (underneath Make a Payment), there you will be able to see the rewards being applied as a credit in your balance before the plan payment is taken into account.

IssacKu

for sure 1 and 3 are the deal breakers for me also

IssacKu

I'm a pretty satisfied customer and I can even let go of the fact that my payment schedule keeps shifting towards the first of the month. In other words, month to month my due payments have been shifting gradually to an earlier date. However, recently I've been checking my rewards and it says they've been applied but the charge on my credit card states the opposite. I didn't want to bother with a moderator so just like anything PM. I took matters into my own hands and renewed all the plans manually in hopes that in the next coming months the credits I am entitled to actually get applied. It ticks me off because through me I've referred 6 people so far. 

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@88cranston wrote:

While there are some comments of:

Bad issues

More services wanted

Better technology 

Weak points or options

Working around weaknesses for your best results, if you react to them 

etc

etc

Public Mobile seems to be a good deal. 

And even though the ticket process seems to be slow. 

I commend PM moderaters  for cruising around and telling some of us to “get on it” and make a TICKET. That is very helpful. And takes away from the feeling of being on a sinking ship. 

And once again the Community is fantastic!!

I now have to add.....  I had my first experience with a MOD (Gilberto)!! While I found the robot thing hard to communicate with I finally got through to start a ticket. I had acheived, unknown to me, a couple of community rewards but were not credited to my account. To start the ticket the control of what information you can enter left me leaving a vague problem to report.  With in a few hours I received and email and was later in the evening, so I did not respond. The next morning I found the MOD did another follow up with me one more time!!  So I found, in picture form, a way to explain my issue in a return email. And once again, within a very reasonable amount of time I had my account credited!!! Wow!!! This is good....all email....no waiting for an hour on the phone......no warm fuzzy (job entry tech in training)......good results!!!! I was asked to do a survey, which I did, after I confirmed my account was credited. Thanks PM!!!!

@Soapes wrote:

Pretty much just the fact you cannot talk to a human. 

Sure, you can, just not over the phone

Soapes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Pretty much just the fact you cannot talk to a human. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

Some of the reasons not to choose pm are:

Long wait times with little knowledge of wait, 3 + days sometimes

Long standing selfserve issues failed renewals , cc not being accepted,  etc...

3g on LTE  vs full LTE speed

No visual voice mail

No volte 

No unlimited data

Long distance to only 18 countries

Roaming only to usa

Easy workaround for broken AutoPay and CC issues... manually top up your Self-Serve account with Payment Vouchers every cycle. Not such a big hassle because you always get SMS reminders days in advance. You still get AutoPay rewards and bonuses.

No 4G, no. VoLTE, no bells and whistles, no frills, no brag and swag bling... just like all the other third-tier "value brands". If you want these glitzy new toys then you have to pay more to get them. From one of the Big Boys which actually sell glitzy new phones. 

I agree that PM's customer support/service model isn't always adequate any more. It used to be good enough. Then it used to be a fair trade for the cost savings. The endless flow of angry/disappointed/confused new customers across these forums says it all. 

But to be fair - the last time I needed PM Mod intervention was a long time ago, so maybe things have gotten better.

Roaming and Long Distance options... if your country is on the list then PM is still (usually) the cheapest per-minute rate you'll find anywhere... but if your country is not on the (short) list then PM is half-useless for you... PM only offers what Telus offers, and it seems that Telus has been the laggard instead of the leader in recent years. 

Ednaroach
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is a Moto e.  VerizonV which will not work on another carrier( lucky told me) but I am stuck here it might work out.

Ednaroach
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well I am having issues with my account and am trying to resolve with moderation...Would love to talk to someone even if they are in timbuctoo if they could help me...The service works well.

88cranston

While there are some comments of:

Bad issues

More services wanted

Better technology 

Weak points or options

Working around weaknesses for your best results, if you react to them 

etc

etc

Public Mobile seems to be a good deal. 

And even though the ticket process seems to be slow. 

I commend PM moderaters  for cruising around and telling some of us to “get on it” and make a TICKET. That is very helpful. And takes away from the feeling of being on a sinking ship. 

And once again the Community is fantastic!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello there!^_^

Thank you for the nice words and we are happy to have you all! ^_^

I can only thank to all the moderators and all of you guys, involving in community in order to help others! We appreciate!

Best Regards,Daniel-Moderator's Team

Jeez. You guys must be totally caught up with immediate response times to tickets to now even be posting in The Lounge with all these pleasant postings you've been doing.

@Anonymous  My thoughts exactly:)

Btw just noticed you're only posting in the lounge yourself.  Maybe you're enjoying a nice long vacation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello there!^_^

I can only thank to all the moderators and all of you guys, involving in community in order to help others! We appreciate!

Jeez. You guys must be totally caught up with immediate response times to tickets to now even be posting in The Lounge with all these pleasant postings you've been doing.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there!^_^

IssacKu

I helped my dad move our family business with Public Mobile and he's never been as satisfied. Of course, you need to be a bit technical but we've never had any problems  with Public Mobile in the last year and a half of service. In other words, we haven't had any customer service issues to deal with and can attest to Public Mobile's reliability. He's a very thorough individual so he's been watching closely. And definitely approves. Two things he's content with is the network coverage and signal strength. And the fact that there are no overage charges for Data. He never runs out under the $40 plan. In his view the extra headaches, costly plan and surprising overage charges are not worth the subsidized phone and the GRIEVANCE he gets from waiting and dealing with customer service. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

@cellphoneuser1's comment on my other post "Why Public Mobile?" gave me the idea create this. I'm interested to see how people can defend calling Public Mobile "bad".

I guess you're now seeing the negatives. Some of it could be from happy customers, but Public isn't perfect.

That was my point on the third post here. As there is no supporting comparison to say their “isn’t perfectness” is all that good or bad. 

Ps. Why aren’t posts numbered here?

If you're not using a touch screen then hover over the reply button lower right of the post and you'll see the link with a message id. Or make a link using the permalink option from the 3 dots menu.

A touch screen is more work but doable.

88cranston

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

I guess you're now seeing the negatives. Some of it could be from happy customers, but Public isn't perfect.

That was my point on the third post here. As there is no supporting comparison to say their “isn’t perfectness” is all that good or bad. 

Ps. Why aren’t posts numbered here?

@mimmo wrote:

Some of the reasons not to choose pm are:

Long wait times with little knowledge of wait queue, 3 + days sometimes 

Manually request invoices with 30 day wait time

Long standing selfserve issues failed renewals , cc not being accepted,  etc...

3g on LTE  vs full LTE speed

No visual voice mail

No volte 

No unlimited data

Long distance to only 18 countries

Roaming only to usa

Sure there are others.

All very valid points and trumped by the sweetness of low price. 

Need Help? Let's chat.