cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Did You Choose Public Mobile?

JLakerson
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was originally with Koodo and was quite happy with them for awhile. The original plan I had was $40 for 2 GB of data and 500 minutes & messaging. During Covid, I switched to $50 for 5 GB of data and unlimited minutes & messaging. Recently, I decided that my phone bill was just too high and I didn't want to be paying $50. Then I heard about Public Mobile and saw their $30 plan. It's cheaper, it offers more than my original plan, and it's still owned by Telus. I also don't use data often so 2 GB was plenty for me. So far, everything has been good. What's your story? Why did you choose Public Mobile?

65 REPLIES 65

@Jordiehopper wrote:

I was with bell. My plan was over 100$ a month. I switched to the 30$ plan. I wish I would of waited thought because now you get more with the 25$ plan but it is only for new customers.

@Jordiehopper   Was this $25 plan on a promotion recently?  I don't think I remember any new offers/promotions for the $25. 

BTW what $30 plan are you on currently because PM has recently replaced the older version that had 1.5 GB data (IIRC) with a limited time offering of 2GB instead.  Here's the link about this offer: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/PROMO-30-for-2GB-Limited-Time-Offer/m-p...

If you have the old plan then just log into your account and schedule a plan change to the new one for next renewal (not immediate plan change as there is nor proration/refunds of unused balance). 

Anyways, it seems to me that you already are saving quite a bit of money over what you were paying previously with Bell, so you did the right thing by switching.

@Jordiehopper 

Not sure what you mean by "should have waited"...

Unless I missed something, the $25/30days unlimited CW talk / text / 1GB throttled LTE is a regular plan and has been so for a year or more.

You could have chosen that at sign up. But you can also change to it any time you want. It's recommended that you schedule a plan change for the next renewal since there are no refunds for any unused portions  of your current plan if you do an immediate plan change. (To avoid auto pay hick ups on plan change make a one time payment of the higher plan a couple of days before renewal, the remaining funds will stay in available funds until used.)

Jordiehopper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was with bell. My plan was over 100$ a month. I switched to the 30$ plan. I wish I would of waited thought because now you get more with the 25$ plan but it is only for new customers.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JLakerson   I think most people with PM are here for the same reasons that you switched...cheaper plans and as you say, PM plans offer more for less than what you were paying at Koodo, not to mention that both Koodo and PM are on the same network since Telus owns both. 

Of course there are some downsides too, one being the lack of roaming options available outside of US, another thing is that customer support is online only.  Every now again, there some system glitches in PM's service as in PM's autopay system doesn't take the payment due and phone service can be interrupted (frustrating for the ones affected), luckily that's usually not a common occurrence for most customers. 

Anyway, welcome to PM. 😊

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Because of the telus network and reward program .

Need Help? Let's chat.