cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Why Did You Choose Public Mobile?

I bought it for my daughter because it has lower rates than other providers.

Highlighted
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

Yes thank you, I did claim my referral for my friend.  I have been telling all my friends about the great deals that PM have.  A lot of my friends are locked in to plans and have to wait for them to expire.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@TessieBoo 

You'll find the first few referrals are easy. PM's plans and prices do all the convincing for you.

But then it gets more challenging. Because the people you referred start looking for referrals of their own, usually from the same circle of friends and family.

Highlighted
Oracle

@TessieBoo  PM does have a couple of close competitors for new customers. However, none are close for committed customers who can get $5 off for just hanging around 5 years. 
Even if you prefer to pay with vouchers register a credit card for autopay to gain the autopay reward. Vouchers are sometimes discounted here: 

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I chose Public Mobile mostly because:

1.  The infamous Fall 2016 promo: $40/30 days for 4 GB LTE + unlimited texts + unlimited prov. calling (actually $120 per 90-days for 12 GB LTE).

2.  The reliable 1st tier coverage of the Belus network, as opposed to Freedom, the alternative I was considering at the time at that price range.  The possibility of getting poor coverage with Freedom was ultimately a dealbreaker for me.

3.  Rewards.  When I was shopping around for a plan, I was  prepared to pay around $40/mo, but then I read about PM's various rewards.  These have delivered beyond my most optimistic expectations:  my cost is now down to less than $15/mo, with more loyalty discount to come.  (For a year, my plan was even free because of the community rewards.)  No other carrier offers so many types of rewards to drastically reduce the monthly cost.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I came over when I wanted to get a better deal with my other provider. They said they couldn't give me a better deal that they were offering new customers. They advised that I should leave and a month later come back. So I came to Public and found their cheaper service was actully better than my other provider and I never went back.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Honestly, who wouldn't use public mobile. they have the best priced plans anywhere in Canada, and just because they have low cost plans, doesn't take away from the network quality, since Telus owns them. so, for a great quality network with low costs, and the fact that you can get money taken off your bill, just for being with them, is pretty great.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hello_Jackson wrote:

Honestly, who wouldn't use public mobile. they have the best priced plans anywhere in Canada, and just because they have low cost plans, doesn't take away from the network quality, since Telus owns them. so, for a great quality network with low costs, and the fact that you can get money taken off your bill, just for being with them, is pretty great.

Public Mobile no longer has the best prices. Long term customres will have great prices because of rewards accumulated over time, but when it comes to plans, they are almost exact copies of Lucky and Chatr, but lack the "unlimited" component as well as a call centre for customer service. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I want to keep my monthly cost outlay down.

Lucky
$15
-only 100 minutes total, service pass available but expire - PM 100 minutes outgoing/unlimited incoming - add-ons available no expiry
-no ability to have more than 250MB but yes 128kbps after - PM all you want but no excess
-app - PM none

Chatr
$15
-overage charges for the other minutes but Day Pass available until the next renewal - PM none other than add-on that stays
-data add-ons (Day Pass and Data Plus) only last until the next renewal but yes unlimited at 64kbps in limited zones - PM stays
-app - PM none

I can not find mention of any rewards on either.

PM wins. Easy extra minutes that stay. Easy extra data that stays. I don't need an app. Slow internet seems more marketing fluff than use.

Highlighted
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

I chose PM because of the reward program and the amazimg prices 

Need Help? Let's chat.