cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's also thinking it's time for an organized petition and CRTC complaint against public mobile?

suchBADservice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This service simply doesn't work for people. I get the practical part of the idea where you reduce costs spent on useless conversations and direct that to customers, but what Public Mobile is doing with their dismissive obstruction of an AI Phone Company is a dystopian aberration of that practical savings idea.

Your personel are selling YOUR Public Mobile merchandise out of renowned Telus stores (Public is owned by Telus) yet trying to hide behind a very thin excuse..

Telus' corp. store manager, Oshawa: "We can't do anything about it, it's all online."

No. You're advertising and selling it, falsely I'll add, out of your Telus storefronts. Using one successful name to push another name not yet earned.

You can not sell people SIMS and tell us that we can activate them online, then leave us without phone service that we payed for when you turn around and, surprise! Demand a credit card and stop your users from finishing the account they were creating on step 4. This is so wrong.

Only an official complaint to the CRTC detailing the actual practices this company is engaging in, as well as their effect and result, can change any of this.

How dystopian to think you can run a budget phone company, pitch price reduction as your selling point, then pretend not to consider the types of people that will often be needing your service most.

Vulnerable people. 
Email me at REMOVED EMAIL  if any of you are interested, legal minded, or familiar with tech (networking, telecomms)

We never stand up to anything here. Tell 'em Canadians aren't stupid enough to buy this crap.
And to Public Mobile, thanks a lot. You cost me more than you know pulling this move. Terrible.

Edited by ShawnC13: Removed email
21 REPLIES 21

hughdyment9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve had no issues with PM while I’ve been using it. I’m really happy spending a lot less and having a few less functions. None of those things bother me

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@suchBADservice 

Reading between the lines of your rant I understand your issue and agree its unacceptable....its about accessibility and communicating to customers in a clear and concise language that is easy to understand. Public Mobile has taken a giant step backwards not so much by removing retail activations but by limiting the sale of sim cards to corporate telus stores who previously never sold pm products and koodo stores who have shown to have unethical staff only interested in their commissions who have had any chance of a commission or a sneaky referral code applied to profit from....leaving only the sale of the sim cards to price gouge a commission from....and a non refundable sim card.

Not only have they put a premium on pm sim cards by restricting retail access to them leaving a large swath of the country with only online access to purchase sim cards and left at the mercy of unreliable shipping. As you have noted when purchasing at telus/koodo stores there is no incentive to educate the staff and hence the new customer on the new limitations imposed on the consumer to have a credit or credit/debit card for activation. Or surprise when a friend  agrees to help and allow the use of their card to activate only to find out "pre-authorized" payments are mandatory and a credit card cannot be removed by the end user.

One could look at these recent changes along with the introduction of more expensive full speed 4G LTE plans with large data buckets, the unjustifiable 30% rate hike to the $10 50/50 legacy plan which is push to force this identifiable group of "vulnerable" customers to migrate to the $15 plan making it a defacto 50% increase to their monthly phone bill as a form of underlying discrimination towards low or fixed income customers. There is nothing like a budget pre-paid provider placing economic barriers to access their services on the very customers they are meant to provide services for......?

I believe you have a valid argument. Do your research, compile your evidence, figure out your strategy and put together a draft of your complaint and contact me via private message.  I will give it a read and see where we can go with it and if it can fit in with my direction or as a separate complaint that will be a compelling enough argument for the CRTC to review, investigate and/or submit as constructive feedback from customers for consideration when they hold hearings in 2023 to review the WCC, CCTS and the CCTS procedural code and their effectiveness on improving wireless consumers rights, accessibility, choice of services that meet their needs for affordable, high quality mobile telecommunications services from all areas of this great land we call Canada.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We'd better stop feeding this anti-PM troll anyway! Case closed!

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@suchBADservice  

NO WAY you are new here

You are attacking PM hard, be brave then, use your REAL Community name. 

You are hiding behind the laptop here already, why still hide behind a fake user name?  C'mon, use your real one.  

and I don't think you have very good response so far

Gooners
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here's my take... I've been using PM for about 10 months. Everything was good until.... 2 weeks ago when they upgraded their system which caused a lot of issues. For me, it is the data. I have their 3GB + 2GB bonus data plan, so 5GB in total. First, the 2GB disappeared after their system upgrade. Then, the 3GB magically was used up. I checked the usage history and was not even close to 50% usage.

If PM don't fix this problem soon, I'd rather pay like $10 more and switch to one of the big 3 or their cheaper option (Koodo/Fido). With BTS, there's a lot of promotions going on.

Bottom line - I understand things happen but you got to fix it ASAP.

MrSpock

@suchBADservice this is by far the best service I have had live agents or not , I find cs agents for the most part are good but the community is what does it for me , I have had a great time participating , it's paid of in great savings on my plan I wouldn't trade this for any other service so have fun with your cause but you can count me out 😜

Metal1967

@suchBADservice .. I’m sick of paying under 10 $ a month for a fully functional cellular service.. lmao.. read the terms of service.. do what you are supposed to do.. Pm will do what they are supposed to do…

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Are you a new customer, or another member that has been here a while that just created @suchBADservice to vent?

I get it, there can be things to be frustrated about if services are not working for you. But, in order to troubleshoot in the right direction, there are steps that can be taken to help you find out solutions to problems you may be experiencing.

Many people have shared this provider may not be a model for them. If you like going into stores, or calling a customer support lines and waiting on hold to talk to someone (that may or may not be able to help you first time around) that may be more comfortable for your needs.

If you really dislike this provider, get out...there is no contract to hold you here. But, if you like self managed models and are willing to learn or figure out how things work, then there are probably many members that could help guide you here.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@suchBADservice hi sorry you don't understand how to use this online service ,to me it is very easy and any issues I have had were promptly solved with the assistance of a customer service agent or  the help of this fantastic community!! Maybe spend a little time learning how to maneuver around the websight 🙄

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@suchBADservice 

CRTC main task is to make sure you are protected by the Wireless code. But no where in the Wireless code states that customers need to be provided proper activation where they get their sim card (Dollarama has been selling Lucky sim card but the cashier told me she cannot help  😞  )

The Wireless Code also did not specify how a wireless company should be run, like it didn't mandate that live conversation with customers have to the the core support model of the business.  So I am pretty sure Telus can try something different with Public Mobile, Support are all online

I understand this might not be a model that you like.  This is surely not a model for everyone.  But since you are just buying sim card and tried to activate , maybe you need to shop around for a full service provider?

I appreciate your enthusiasm to stand up and try to build a better wireless company, but maybe you  jumped on the wrong target this time?

DDM69

I've had no issues and my 25 referrals are also satisfied with their service.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@suchBADservice 

I went to a restaurant, greeted by a robot, not a live person.

I want to check the menu, I was told to use scan the QR code and order online , there is no live person to take my order

Restaurant  manager, Oshawa: "We can't do anything about it, it's all online."

I am not happy,  you cannot just seat people and tell us that we can only order online ,  then leave us without food service .  This is so wrong.

Only an official complaint to DineSafe   detailing the actual practices this company is engaging in, as well as their effect and result, can change any of this.

would you join me ?  Email me at REMOVED EMAIL all your personal info and let's Tell 'em Canadians aren't stupid enough to buy this crap.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I'm sorry you feel that way, but of course you have options. PM is cheaper, and as a result lacks the phone support others provide. I have had a few issues over my time, but I continue to recommend it to my friends with the advice that if they want the service that the big three provide, get it and pay for it.

Public Mobile is a self serve cell company so you are your own advocate. If you can't fix your own problems (or have a friend that can help) PM may not be the place for you. Myself, I prefer the savings and enjoy finding my own answers. If you can navigate the community and send pms to the cs_agent, you can do it.

But if I stop enjoying the sweat equity, I'll pay more and switch. Three years and counting...

PS - I don't understand why people set up new accounts to bad-mouth PM. If you've had so many issues, just use your current handle. People might research your issues, and have an appreciation for what you've gone through. For the most part, like @ShawnC13 , we are good people on here.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@suchBADservice 

I do NOT support your cause. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@suchBADservice  are you thinking to join PM or you are existing customer?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

There was no question in your post about resolving an issue with your PM service.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zanealexxkhan

I have had nothing but great service - and its very cheap. Also I didn't have to sign a contract I was stuck in...
As a student, I am very grateful for public mobile.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I removed the email address as you are soliciting for information and solicitation is against the ToS of the Community

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

suchBADservice

No, you even removed my email. Care to explain why when I obviously consented by providing it? You're coming off really transparent right now buddy - and I'm recording it.

suchBADservice

Yeah, no surprises there. Time to move a thread so it doesn't gain traction but not even attempt to resolve it. 

Laughable. Enjoy the scrutiny and fees.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am not sure what you are on about here I have had 6 years of no issues with the service and have setup probably 30-40 other accounts without issues during activation or their time with Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.