cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's on the menu?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Well some of you might have an advantage from last year's hospital stay but here goes the second annual guess what was on the menu contest.

IMG_20210917_145017114.jpg

24 REPLIES 24

@Tiprix 

I think there's a Thai meal we ordered in.....otherwise yes.

@softech 

Home since Sunday. I would have been out on Saturday had they not messed up my pain management following surgery. I decided to err on the side of caution and stay the extra night.

@darlicious   so, you are back home now?

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

did you cook all the other food in the other link?  I am salivating and I just finished my lunch...

@Tiprix 

Going for the bonus points l see.....back to normal food. Thankfully!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/What-s-for-dinner-tonight/m-p/728349/highl...

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I see there is also:

- yogurt

- a cream/milk of some sort, my guess would be for tea or coffee

- and the content in the square opaque container, that's too much for dressing... maybe a pudding of some sort

@darlicioushope you get better and enjoy these tasty meals in the process

today is good..

pasta in red sauce

Caesar salad

vegetable soup

Yummy

@CFPartDeux 

Try a little harder this time....4 whole courses for lunch!

IMG_20210918_121336152.jpg

@hairbag1 

Nice job!

@CFPartDeux 

You know what they say when you assume....

IMG_20210918_080841321.jpg

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

Easy one....breakfast but a bonus point for the hot beverage and 2 points for the type of juice.

Well, yeah, @hairbag1  called it pretty well..... I mean, do they actually serve any hot drink other than tea, and any juice other than apple!? 😉  As for the "mush", I guess that must be porridge..... unless..... THAT'S the hot drink!!! 😱

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

A weasel being a weasel obviously DQ'd didn't you get the memo? I was wondering why you were a no show at remedal ceremony and all-u-can-eat buffet and dessert bar?!!🤔

OH MAN, I totally missed out on the all-u-can-eat buffet & dessert bar!!! ...... of hospital food..... wow, I'm glad I thought I lost the contest!!! 😜 🤣

Hard boiled cackle-berry, pancake (room temperature), mush, tea and apple juice.🤕

@BKNS27 

My local!

@darlicious 

I hope everything is OK with you.

The best hospital food was at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital when I was in the hospital way back when.

Easy one....breakfast but a bonus point for the hot beverage and 2 points for the type of juice.

IMG_20210918_074924245.jpg

@CFPartDeux 

A weasel being a weasel obviously DQ'd didn't you get the memo? I was wondering why you were a no show at remedal ceremony and all-u-can-eat buffet and dessert bar?!!🤔

I think we will have to call it a tie so far then.....

IMG_20210918_080904317.jpg

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

We will have to let @CFPartDeux weigh in....he won last year's contest!

Uhm.... I'm pretty sure I didn't..... I believe it was WW.... 🤔

As for the latest, clearly that's mixed veggies, and I too would have to guess that's fish rolled up on top(although without looking at the pic closer up, I would've guessed something totally different), and that item on the left of the plate APPEARS as though it's either a single potato(my 1st choice), or a bun(that's how obvious it is! 🙄), and obviously some sort of cake for dessert(no idea what kind). YUM, hospital food!!! 😬 🤣

@softech 

We will have to let @CFPartDeux weigh in....he won last year's contest!

oh.. this is a serious contest?

ok.. my guess is.. Fish filet with Potato and stream veggie.

@softech 

Lol....there are no hints....!!

We do need a better camera for lighting.. lol

is that Fish?

Next up dinner...

IMG_20210917_164702488.jpg

@softech 

Lol...yes that was the moto. There was no point in bringing my camera to the hospital!

@CFPartDeux 

As usual you are pretty much on top of things. Surprisingly the soup was actually pretty good. Of course there has to be an abundance of peas the only vegetable worse than cooked peas are lima beans! My late lunch after surgery....

IMG_20210918_080930354.jpg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious  you have a much better camera than that...

so.. rice and peas .. not bad.  

So, red is the soup?

is that fruit?

So, how's everything today? feeling much better?

CFPartDeux

Well, some sort of rice dish, with what appears to be chicken in it, and peas on the side. The small bowl is anybody's guess, but I'd go with diced pears. The other bowl APPEARS to be chili, but would they really serve that in the hospital!? 🤔

Need Help? Let's chat.